Chubb Corp Underwriter Interview Questions

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview

2 interviews. One with the Underwriting Manager the other with HR. It was mostly for fit after a few quick technical questions. Everyone wanted to just chat .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chubb Corp

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb Corp in December 2013.

Interview

The process was very easy and laid back. I was asked in, talked one on one with a representative of the company, they asked a few questions regarding education, career goals, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to switch careers from your current one to this one?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb Corp in November 2011.

Interview

Three rounds of interview at a nice office in downtown. Friendly and experienced people. Questions like walk through your resume, why you want to work for Chubb etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb Corp (Simsbury, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Kind of awkward, typical HR questions, interviewer seemed inexperienced or bored, didn't think I did too well. Was contacted a couple weeks later for an on site interview. Consisted of two one on one interviews, and a second group interview. Nothing to stressful, explained the position and the department. A few questions on my experience and background. Took about 2 hours. Thought the second interview went much better than the first, but never hard anything back.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb Corp (Warren, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Caught the attention of the TIS department manager by showing my interest and enthusiasm towards Chubb. I was then contacted for a phone interview, consisting of generic behavioral interview questions. Within a few days, I was asked to come to the Warren headquarters and interview with the leads of each SBU.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Underwriting? This was a very general question. Very difficult to answer without preparation or prior industry work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent in my case.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb Corp (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Was contacted about 2 weeks after submission of application. Had an interview day filled with 3 different sessions. Mostly personality questions, not overly technical at all.

Interview Questions

• (showed me a water bottle) what types of things would you look for if you are insuring the manufacturer of this bottle?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chubb Corp in May 2010.

Interview

Met with all senior management. Answer qustions on underwriting thought process. Hardest question was explaining what you failed in and how you couldn't come up with a solution. Tough question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Terrible. I was not in a position to leverage salary. Now that I am in this role, I have gained a tremendous amount of leverage sicne I can go to other competitors. Set the expectations early once they choose you. PRovide evidence as to whyyou should get paid what you want to get paid.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chubb Corp in April 2007.

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview with HR Manager Step2: Interviews with various department managers and the branch manager.