Chubb Corp

www.chubb.com

Chubb Corp Underwriter Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chubb Corp.

2 interviews. One with the Underwriting Manager the other with HR. It was mostly for fit after a few quick technical questions. Everyone wanted to just chat .

Other Interview Reviews for Chubb Corp

Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chubb Corp in December 2013.

The process was very easy and laid back. I was asked in, talked one on one with a representative of the company, they asked a few questions regarding education, career goals, and personality.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to switch careers from your current one to this one?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chubb Corp in November 2011.

Three rounds of interview at a nice office in downtown. Friendly and experienced people. Questions like walk through your resume, why you want to work for Chubb etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chubb Corp in May 2010.

First was a phone interview. Kind of awkward, typical HR questions, interviewer seemed inexperienced or bored, didn't think I did too well.

Was contacted a couple weeks later for an on site interview. Consisted of two one on one interviews, and a second group interview. Nothing to stressful, explained the position and the department. A few questions on my experience and background. Took about 2 hours.

Thought the second interview went much better than the first, but never hard anything back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chubb Corp in January 2009.

Caught the attention of the TIS department manager by showing my interest and enthusiasm towards Chubb. I was then contacted for a phone interview, consisting of generic behavioral interview questions. Within a few days, I was asked to come to the Warren headquarters and interview with the leads of each SBU.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about Underwriting? This was a very general question. Very difficult to answer without preparation or prior industry work experience.   Answer Question
    Non-existent in my case.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chubb Corp in October 2012.

Was contacted about 2 weeks after submission of application. Had an interview day filled with 3 different sessions. Mostly personality questions, not overly technical at all.

Interview Questions
    • (showed me a water bottle) what types of things would you look for if you are insuring the manufacturer of this bottle?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chubb Corp in May 2010.

Met with all senior management. Answer qustions on underwriting thought process. Hardest question was explaining what you failed in and how you couldn't come up with a solution. Tough question.

Interview Questions
    Terrible. I was not in a position to leverage salary. Now that I am in this role, I have gained a tremendous amount of leverage sicne I can go to other competitors.

Set the expectations early once they choose you. PRovide evidence as to whyyou should get paid what you want to get paid.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chubb Corp in April 2007.

Step 1: Phone interview with HR Manager
    Step2: Interviews with various department managers and the branch manager.