Chubb Corp

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Chubb Corp

Interview Details – The process started with several rounds of phone interviews with senior underwriters. The questions were straight forward for the most part and seemed to be more conversational. After the phone interviews came the in office interviews. These interviews were conducted by managers and the questions were geared more towards the position itself.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Underwriting Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – I received a call inviting me in for an interview for the following week. I came in for an afternoon of four separate interviews 45-60 minutes in length. The questions were pretty standard and since I was prepared and had had some interview experience in the insurance industry so it wasn't that bad. I interviewed on a Tuesday and received an offer on Friday of the same week.

Interview Question – To be honest, there really weren't any curveballs.   Answer Question

Warren, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone screen after 3-4 weeks. Phone interview were very general behavioral questions, took about 20-30minutes. Then got an offer to come in for an on-site interview, which were 6 interviews with different managers. There were about 30 candidates total in the pool and more than half of them had relatives working at the company already. I thought it was decent position for a recent college graduate like myself, but the trainee position consisted about a year long, and they put you in any branch they want you to work in after. Overall, it was good interview experience, although the underwriter managers seemed little uptight.

Interview Question – general behavioral questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chubb Corp in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1) Applied through their website
2) Received request for initial phone interview
-very generic questions; mainly questions about past experiences and how you think it can be applied in this position; total of about 20 minutes
3) Received request for in-person interviews
-there were 8 other candidates in my pool; we were 1 of a few pools (I don't know exactly how many)
-first interview was with an senior underwriter
-second interview was with HR rep
-total, the entire day took up about 4 hours
4) Received request for 2nd round of in-person interviews
-first interview was with the AVP of commercial underwriting; asked very few questions, didn't even seem interested, talked mostly football (?)
second interview was with VP of commercial underwriting; this interview was odd, she kept bringing up the show "The Office" and how working at Chubb would be nothing like working in "The Office" (thanks, really?)
-Last but not least, IQ test; there were lots of questions, mostly math, no calculators and we only had about 15 minutes, just answer as many as you can (it was difficult)

Interview Question – My college education was bare on the mathematics side so the VP asked me to justify why my education sufficiently displays my mathematical/financial acumen.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Simsbury, CT

I applied online and interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – The come off being very unorganized with the interview process. They called me about two different positions, but didn't set up interviews for either during those calls. Eventually, they contacted me to set up an a phone interview. The interview went smoothly, but never heard from them again after.

Interview Question – No questions stuck out. There were few of them and they were basic.   Answer Question

Underwriting Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – A series of interviews and discussions

Interview Question – What kind of animal do the interviewers remind you of?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Chubb Corp in October 2011.

Interview Details – Attended information session and applied with resume, cover letter and transcript. Interview was mostly behavioural, resume based and asked questions about my previous work experiences. It was 3-30min sessions with a two person panel every time. Interviewers were courteous and professional. I thought it went really well, but didn't get second rounds.

Interview Question – Tell me one event that you regret.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chubb Corp

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chubb Corp Underwriter Trainee interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chubb Corp employees and interview candidates.