Chugach Alaska

Relevance Date Difficulty

Employee Interview

Employee
Midwest City, OK

I applied through other source - interviewed at Chugach Alaska in October 2009.

Interview Details – It's a joke. They interview you over and over and over. The people in charge can't make a decision because they are incompetent. It's a good ole' boy system at this location.... and most of upper management got their positions because they are former military, NOT because they actually have relevant experience. Their interview questions are a joke because they don't even know what the candidates need to be qualified, so they ask basic questions. They have some great lower level supervisors who are intelligent and actually know what they are doing, but they come and go quick because upper management uses and abuses them and treats them like dirt. The people who should be in charge, and doing the interviews, are stuck in the lower management positions and can't move up. They finally get frustrated with the incompetency and quit. Some last only a few weeks before they have had enough......

Interview Question – Are you willing to work for peanuts??? Are you willing to do the work of 3 guys and get paid for the work of one?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chugach Alaska in February 2009.

Interview Details – Great! had phone interview, met on Saturday, hired on Monday!

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Cost Estimator Interview

Cost Estimator
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chugach Alaska in February 2009.

Interview Details – Apply online, Interview, Offer over the phone, get drug test and complete hiring packet.

Interview Question – I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a range and told where I fell within the range.

Project Manager General Design Interview

Project Manager General Design
Tinker AFB, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chugach Alaska in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple and very informal. You must go to the website to fill out application and upload your resume and that is probably the most difficult thing to do. If you have someone on the inside it makes getting your name recognized much easier during the vetting process.

Interview Question – There really was not one that I found to be direct or prying, very relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – one and done. They asked how much , I went in a little high and got what I wanted on the counter.

Environmental and Safety Manager Interview

Environmental and Safety Manager
Midwest City, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chugach Alaska in June 2012.

Interview Details – After resumes were screened, 9 candidates were interviewed. There were 2 interviewers who asked a pre-established set of questions. I believe I made an error in judgement on one of the questions (Describe a time you had difficulty with one of your employees. What did you do?) My answer described an employee who was being desruptive on the job site. After he failed to correct his behavior we fired him. I probably should have picked a case with a more positive ending.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were having difficulty with one of your employees and what you did about it.   View Answer
  • Why should we give this job to you?   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
All (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Chugach Alaska in May 2009.

Interview Details – Way overdone..... company's hiring process is slow and long. Even if youi nterview with them and they like you and want you, don't expect to be hired too soon. In some cases they will draw the process out 2 or 3 months. It's pathetic.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They hit you with a low ball salary and it's take it or leave it.

Alarm Technician II Interview

Alarm Technician II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chugach Alaska.

Interview Details – Nearly all companies on the island hire based on personal connection, rather than resume, not infrequently at the very real detriment to ability to do or want to do the job. Find a connection first. figure out what they want. then call the hiring manager (after your contact talks to them) and *then* submit your application.

Interview Question – why do you want to do the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – we can offer you *this* much, which is as much or less than stateside. however, seriously consider there are nearly no taxes. there are no food, utilities, transportation or housing costs (outside base requirements) and you get four paid weeks of vacation to start with *and* they pay the airfare, whether you fly or not. you have world-class scuba, sailing, fishing, snorkeling and views for dirt cheap within walking distance of home & work. you can really sock the money away *and* have a great time.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Chugach Alaska? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chugach Alaska interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chugach Alaska employees and interview candidates.