Chugach Alaska

Chugach Alaska Interview Questions

1.9

Environmental and Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chugach Alaska in June 2012.

After resumes were screened, 9 candidates were interviewed. There were 2 interviewers who asked a pre-established set of questions. I believe I made an error in judgement on one of the questions (Describe a time you had difficulty with one of your employees. What did you do?) My answer described an employee who was being desruptive on the job site. After he failed to correct his behavior we fired him. I probably should have picked a case with a more positive ending.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were having difficulty with one of your employees and what you did about it.   View Answer
    • Why should we give this job to you?   View Answer

Project Manager General Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinker AFB, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinker AFB, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Chugach Alaska in February 2012.

Very simple and very informal. You must go to the website to fill out application and upload your resume and that is probably the most difficult thing to do. If you have someone on the inside it makes getting your name recognized much easier during the vetting process.

Interview Questions
    • There really was not one that I found to be direct or prying, very relaxed.   Answer Question
    one and done. They asked how much , I went in a little high and got what I wanted on the counter.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

I applied through other source – interviewed at Chugach Alaska in October 2009.

It's a joke. They interview you over and over and over. The people in charge can't make a decision because they are incompetent. It's a good ole' boy system at this location.... and most of upper management got their positions because they are former military, NOT because they actually have relevant experience. Their interview questions are a joke because they don't even know what the candidates need to be qualified, so they ask basic questions. They have some great lower level supervisors who are intelligent and actually know what they are doing, but they come and go quick because upper management uses and abuses them and treats them like dirt. The people who should be in charge, and doing the interviews, are stuck in the lower management positions and can't move up. They finally get frustrated with the incompetency and quit. Some last only a few weeks before they have had enough......

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work for peanuts??? Are you willing to do the work of 3 guys and get paid for the work of one?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Finance Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chugach Alaska in February 2009.

Great! had phone interview, met on Saturday, hired on Monday!

straight forward

Cost Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chugach Alaska in February 2009.

Apply online, Interview, Offer over the phone, get drug test and complete hiring packet.

Interview Questions
    I was given a range and told where I fell within the range.

Alarm Technician II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chugach Alaska.

Nearly all companies on the island hire based on personal connection, rather than resume, not infrequently at the very real detriment to ability to do or want to do the job. Find a connection first. figure out what they want. then call the hiring manager (after your contact talks to them) and *then* submit your application.

Interview Questions
    we can offer you *this* much, which is as much or less than stateside. however, seriously consider there are nearly no taxes. there are no food, utilities, transportation or housing costs (outside base requirements) and you get four paid weeks of vacation to start with *and* they pay the airfare, whether you fly or not. you have world-class scuba, sailing, fishing, snorkeling and views for dirt cheap within walking distance of home & work. you can really sock the money away *and* have a great time.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in All (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in All (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Chugach Alaska in May 2009.

Way overdone..... company's hiring process is slow and long. Even if youi nterview with them and they like you and want you, don't expect to be hired too soon. In some cases they will draw the process out 2 or 3 months. It's pathetic.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. They hit you with a low ball salary and it's take it or leave it.