Church & Dwight Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.9

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Church & Dwight in February 2015.

Interview

very basic, submitted resumé and asked to interview

spoke to two different representatives about the company to learn more about position and to explain my own background and interest

very relaxed on the whole

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      guide me through your resume
      examples of leadership
      examples of teamwork
      what makes you a good fit for us?

Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview and then an impersonal video interview. Although effective for the employer to weed out anyone they may not like the look of .... I did not feel the video interview portion gives enough time for details or to discuss personally with an interviewer. I equated the video interview to a bad dating site. Just answer the question and move on, if we think you'll fit we will give you a call.... Speaking of which I did not receive any answer either way but since I didn't hear back I'm sure I didn't get the position. - The position is still out there so they still haven't found that perfect candidate yet.

Quality Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Church & Dwight (York, PA).

Interview

During, Firstly on phone interview mainly discussed experience relevant to job requirements. Also about skills which were required for this job position. Next, during on site interview explained in details about work and asked behavioral questions related to that.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by three individuals: Senior, Senior Manager, and Director. The first two asked the standard interview questions and described the position. The Director was most interested in the level of enthusiasm the candidate possessed. He was very intense, but fair. You may be cut off mid-sentence, as he is pressed for time.

They did not honor reimbursement of travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• What makes you really enthusiastic about this position?   Answer Question

HQ Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Church & Dwight.

Interview

HR rep emailed me and said she would like to discuss my background & the position further. We set up a time to have a phone interview. Interviewer was cordial asked basic questioned.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Church & Dwight.

Interview

Applied through a temp agency and got a call for an interview about a week later. Interviewed with three different chemists, one-on-one, on the same day. Each interview lasted about 20 minutes. They asked questions from my resume and some behavioral questions. The typical tell me about yourself and why should we hire you. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a list of ten things to do and told you it had to be done by the end of the day, how would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Difference between working in a group and working alone. Which do you like better?   Answer Question
    • What have you learned about Church & Dwight?   Answer Question
    • If you finish all your work ahead of time, and can't find the chemist you were working with, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you could get paid to do anything in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview follow by an in person interview (mine was virtual) with potential managers (I had 2). Got back to me within 2 weeks after each. The interview questions were pretty much typical, strengths/weaknesses, project experience, exposure to aspects of the role youre applying for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of exposure do you have to project management?   Answer Question
    • Teamwork/Leadership experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Church & Dwight.

Interview

Phone screened by HR contractor and then the VP of the department. They were both pleasant and thorough in their approach. The HR representative took casual approach to her inquiry and the VP, while seemingly disarming at first, seemed to know a good deal about all his categories, sales processes and department interaction internally and externally. He allowed me to ask questions about the company and played back some of my earlier comments to underscore some of his points when we closed. I was impressed and wanted to meet him and more of the team.

Interview Questions

• Have you been faced with a situation where you have failed? What did you learn and how did you apply that to future business transactions.   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Church & Dwight.

Interview

Applied through school career center. Received a call, had 3 rounds of interviews. Focused on personal questions and brief knowledge base.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Church & Dwight in September 2013.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out to me for an initial phone discussion. Had an initial phone interview and was promised some feedback on next steps. No updates of any kind and no response to an email request for any likelihood of action. Unprofessional but typically obnoxious HR behaviors.

Interview Questions

• Why Did You Apply for this job   1 Answer