Churchill Downs

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Churchill Downs

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Churchill Downs.

The interview process is extreme overkill, get ready to talk to about a dozen people. Learn about what the Kentucky Oaks is and the overall political landscape related to horse racing. Churchill Downs is not viewed in a positive light by many horse racing entities and stake holders, it is important to realize this going in. A large percentage of employees at Churchill Downs are female, so be ready to have a lot of female interviewers.

Interview Questions
    Minimal negotiation on salary, don't expect to get paid much.

Front End Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Churchill Downs in August 2014.

Process was great. Reached out to a recruiter at CLICK IT Staffing and through their relationship with CDI, secured me an interview. Just a few days after the interview, which was organized and well conducted, I received an offer. The interview was conducted in three steps in the same session. Each step was conducted by a different team member; The first was done by the supervisor for the position, the second by the department VP, and the third by a peer from another team.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself doing or having done five years from now.   View Answer
    Easy. I got exactly what I asked for.

Seasonal Event Fulfillment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Churchill Downs in February 2014.

I received an email from Erin Taylor, Suites & Corporate Hospitality Fulfillment Manager, asking to set up a phone interview, which never happened. I responded and then sent a second follow up email though never received a phone call. It is disappointing to lose an opportunity before having the chance to show you are the best candidate for the position.