CiSRA

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Standard Software Engineer Interview

Standard Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CiSRA in January 2010.

Interview Details – Job was found my a recruiting agency.
2 interviews.
First interview started with HR, then progressed to manager and Principle Engineer. First think I was asked was to do a C test on paper. After this it was one real life question then some abstract thinking question.

Second interview was with Lower level Engineers who's team I was going to join.
Questions to do with sorting and recursions and how you can do things without recursion.

Ultimately took the job after some convincing by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How much memory you need to store all the finger prints in the US.   Answer Question
  • 100 Doors question.
    Problem: you have 100 doors in a row that are all initially closed. you make 100 passes by the doors starting with the first door every time. the first time through you visit every door and toggle the door (if the door is closed, you open it, if its open, you close it). the second time you only visit every 2nd door (door #2, #4, #6). the third time, every 3rd door (door #3, #6, #9), etc, until you only visit the 100th door.

question: what state are the doors in after the last pass? which are open which are closed?
      View Answer
  • How can you detect anagrams   Answer Question
  • Write a function to traverse a Binary Tree
    Then write it without recursion.
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate more, they did not budge.

Worked for CiSRA? Contribute to the Community!