Ciber Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Screening, recorded video, face to face

Interview Questions

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn for a position at a client that was going through an acquisition and was way behind schedule. I crushed the interview and was offered the position 2 days later. The pay was below my market value but I understood that going in. The recruiter pressured me for an answer, was calling every hour - finally, I told her to back off because I needed to discuss it with my wife. I declined the offer because I knew the project would be long hours (which I was okay with) but Ciber would not pay me extra or give me comp time, so my overtime would be free. I later learned they would be billing the client for O/T but would keep the money for themselves. So managers pressure you to give away free work as it goes right into their pockets. This may violate the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

My assignment was transferred from my old employer to CIBER. Basically, it was agreement on the terms of CIBER's offer to me. If I accepted I returned back to my assignment. Otherwise, my assignment at my account would end.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in November 2008.

Interview

Very long and frustrating. The interviewer was not fully aware of what was going on at the contract site, and did not remain in contact during the hiring process. They have an odd benefits structure - be certain that the salary that they're offering includes benefits, or the ability to gain benefits.

Ciber is a headshop, plain and simple. The people, however, were very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe REST versus SOAP? (I'm not kidding).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Slow, very, very slow.