Ciber

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ciber in April 2013.

Interview Details – Screening, recorded video, face to face

Interview Question – Not difficult if you know project management   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recruiter found me on LinkedIn for a position at a client that was going through an acquisition and was way behind schedule. I crushed the interview and was offered the position 2 days later. The pay was below my market value but I understood that going in. The recruiter pressured me for an answer, was calling every hour - finally, I told her to back off because I needed to discuss it with my wife. I declined the offer because I knew the project would be long hours (which I was okay with) but Ciber would not pay me extra or give me comp time, so my overtime would be free. I later learned they would be billing the client for O/T but would keep the money for themselves. So managers pressure you to give away free work as it goes right into their pockets. This may violate the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Detroit, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Ciber in April 2009.

Interview Details – My assignment was transferred from my old employer to CIBER. Basically, it was agreement on the terms of CIBER's offer to me. If I accepted I returned back to my assignment. Otherwise, my assignment at my account would end.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ciber in November 2008.

Interview Details – Very long and frustrating. The interviewer was not fully aware of what was going on at the contract site, and did not remain in contact during the hiring process. They have an odd benefits structure - be certain that the salary that they're offering includes benefits, or the ability to gain benefits.

Ciber is a headshop, plain and simple. The people, however, were very friendly and nice.

Interview Question – How would you describe REST versus SOAP? (I'm not kidding).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slow, very, very slow.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciber interview questions and advice in Detroit, MI. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ciber employees and interview candidates.