Ciber

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Sidney, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ciber in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview with recruiter, unsolicited: congenial but thorough screening. 2nd interview with the client relationship manager, who described the client and assignment in great detail to make sure I was willing to go forward. 3rd interview with the manager to whom I'd report at the client site and a coworker. Also congenial, detailed, thorough both ways. Plenty of opportunity to ask questions in all 3 interviews.

Interview Question – As long as I've performed in this role, mostly as a consultant - 15 years - I no longer get any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was in the first interview with the recruiter. He was professional and accepted my requested salary - which I knew to be the market rate - with no argument.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ciber in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was over skype. Didn't really meet the Ciber managers but instead interviewed with the client directly which was a big red flag

Interview Question – Just the typical interview questions, nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate

Telecom Project Manager Interview

Southfield, MI

I interviewed at Ciber in May 2013.

Interview Details – This worked as expected had a phone interview with the managers. We used Skype which didn't work well and moved to phone interview. The interview went well even though we had to move to just a phone interview. The paper work was done remotely using email and the web page. Responses

Interview Question – Please describe a failure on you last position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they told me what the pay would be up front.

Office Assistant/Recruiter Trainee Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ciber in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was geared to attract recent college grads or senior students. The interview did not take into affect the nuances, nor work experience of the non-traditional, latent student. Company should hire non-experienced employees in order to provide the best value to the position available.

Interview Question – How does a recruiting firm fit into your 5-year plan?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Northeast, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Ciber in January 2009.

Interview Details – Stick close to the job description , however they may put you in a completely different job function.

Interview Question – They will ask predictable questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nill - they make a one time offer and you are done.

Datacenter Technician Interview

Datacenter Technician
Chantilly, VA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Ciber in March 2009.

Interview Details – My experience with the interview process with Ciber was pleasant. They where very professional asked all the relevant questions pertaining to the position. I got the sense that they where looking for career orientated candidates. The whole process was very quick, not drawn out over months. Two thumbs up!

Interview Question – One or two of the related technical questions. But other than that none that I didn't expect.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Great

Lockheed Martin Subcontractor/Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ciber.

Interview Details – Required a security clearance reactivation after a lapse of classified employment nearing four years. Ciber discussed with me hiring practices with the prime contractor and reactivated my interim security clearance pending prime contractor acceptance of employment. The LM hiring manager performed a phone interview then flew me out for a face to face interview. I had to wait well beyond the interview time (2 additional hours) before the manager became available due to unforeseen circumstances. The interview was more focused on cultural fit than technical questions since I came with a highly regarded referral.

Interview Question – The questions were straightforward focusing on satellite operations experience, customer contact, and finally "how would you deal with an approaching deadline that you're going to miss."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My offered salary was above my initial expectation and I didn't negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ciber.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very easy. Matter fact it was the client company that did most of the intervieing

Interview Question – Why I was looking for a new position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them what i wanted per hour they countered, I countered back and they accepted

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ciber.

Interview Details – In-house corporate recruiter found my resume in an online database (Monster? Dice?) and contacted me for an initial phone-screen. Handled general questions about what I wanted to do career-wise, salary expectations, etc. He set up a phone interview with Ciber's client -- the client was overseas. The client found me to be acceptable, so they made me an offer.

Interview Question – I had no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ciber in April 2009.

Interview Details – One interview with two project managers.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time when you were part of a team and a team member didn't live up to expectations?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ciber

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciber interview questions and advice. All 63 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ciber employees and interview candidates.