Ciber

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ciber in March 2014.

Interview Details – The initial communications were good. The problem came in once the client selected me. It was a chaotic process to get everything put together because it was a new contract.

The other issue that I ran into was that I had to deal with several different people in order to get through the interview and on-boarding process. It was somewhat confusing about who was doing what.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a project that is late and has a fixed deadline?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Good

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst
Berwyn, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Ciber in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn, got an interview from the HR person next day. Asked about work experiences and basic knowledge about SDLC. Then got an interview from the Director of Delivery, extremely nice person, had a really great talk. Mainly about data analysis and school projects. On site interview was with two people, one manager and the same director. Got an offer the same day. Best interview experience ever.

Interview Question – What method did you use as SDLC   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

Interviewed at Ciber

Interview Details – The company uses an online tool to let you answer predefined questions and then save them. Those are reviewed by the hiring people first before in person interviews are scheduled.

Interview Question – biggest challenge is maintaining composure when not talking to an actual person   View Answer

Technical Program Manager Interview

Technical Program Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ciber in March 2013.

Interview Details – This has changed some since I was hired. My recruiter at the time was decent, but in many ways was out of touch with the needs of a person switching careers with a family (when insurance kicked in, what incentives were really available, etc.). Believe since I've been here that has changed with the other recruiters I've worked with. Interview processes vary by position and client. Usually a screening interview, followed by 1-3 additional interviews. May also have to interview with the client.

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it offer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Sidney, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ciber in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview with recruiter, unsolicited: congenial but thorough screening. 2nd interview with the client relationship manager, who described the client and assignment in great detail to make sure I was willing to go forward. 3rd interview with the manager to whom I'd report at the client site and a coworker. Also congenial, detailed, thorough both ways. Plenty of opportunity to ask questions in all 3 interviews.

Interview Question – As long as I've performed in this role, mostly as a consultant - 15 years - I no longer get any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was in the first interview with the recruiter. He was professional and accepted my requested salary - which I knew to be the market rate - with no argument.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ciber in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was over skype. Didn't really meet the Ciber managers but instead interviewed with the client directly which was a big red flag

Interview Question – Just the typical interview questions, nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate

Telecom Project Manager Interview

Telecom Project Manager
Southfield, MI

I interviewed at Ciber in May 2013.

Interview Details – This worked as expected had a phone interview with the managers. We used Skype which didn't work well and moved to phone interview. The interview went well even though we had to move to just a phone interview. The paper work was done remotely using email and the web page. Responses

Interview Question – Please describe a failure on you last position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they told me what the pay would be up front.

Office Assistant/Recruiter Trainee Interview

Office Assistant/Recruiter Trainee
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ciber in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was geared to attract recent college grads or senior students. The interview did not take into affect the nuances, nor work experience of the non-traditional, latent student. Company should hire non-experienced employees in order to provide the best value to the position available.

Interview Question – How does a recruiting firm fit into your 5-year plan?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

IT Support Specialist
Northeast, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Ciber in January 2009.

Interview Details – Stick close to the job description , however they may put you in a completely different job function.

Interview Question – They will ask predictable questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nill - they make a one time offer and you are done.

Datacenter Technician Interview

Datacenter Technician
Chantilly, VA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Ciber in March 2009.

Interview Details – My experience with the interview process with Ciber was pleasant. They where very professional asked all the relevant questions pertaining to the position. I got the sense that they where looking for career orientated candidates. The whole process was very quick, not drawn out over months. Two thumbs up!

Interview Question – One or two of the related technical questions. But other than that none that I didn't expect.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Great

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!