Ciber

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ciber.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very easy. Matter fact it was the client company that did most of the intervieing

Interview Question – Why I was looking for a new position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them what i wanted per hour they countered, I countered back and they accepted

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ciber.

Interview Details – Hounded by a desperate recruiter. Phone interviewed by someone who was running between flights in some airport. Hard to understand. 2d Interview with rambling scenario questions. Then dialog of "How soon can you start?" Then got an offer that I HAD to start next day -- though I said I needed two weeks. Not only start next day, but in-process on way to airport to client in another city. Front all travel yourself. Benefits (like crappy insurance) won't start for 30-90 days.... Take the job for the pay. Nothing else.

Interview Question – What sacrifices have you made for your career? Can you start tomorrow? You must start tomorrow!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just there demangs.

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ciber in November 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiters are responsive and once interested schedule interviews with the appropriate managers and peers. As interviews are completed, recruiters are the conduit for offers and communicate appropriately. I was VERY satisfied with the process and was offered the job.

Interview Question – What would you do differently in your most recent engagement that would have produced a better result?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, they offer appropriate salaries based on expertise and met my expectations

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ciber in November 2010.

Interview Details – Response to Online Job Posting, phone call answer within 48 hours. Initial interview was done with recruiter. Second interview with Project Manager and Technical Lead. Short interview process, all done in one day. Interview was specific to the Contract project, with aims to be a permanent addition to the team if necessary.

Interview Question – Technical questions were asked to find depth of development knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked a compensation rate and plan, and upon consideration, the recruiter came back with an affirmative. No real process, quick and painless

Bloomington, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ciber in July 2011.

Interview Details – test.
interview
1:1 interview

Interview Question – describe experience   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ciber in March 2009.

Interview Details – I first met with the Area Director. He aksed me a series of typical interview questions (ie "tell me about yourself", "describe your strengths", "what are your weaknesses"). Next I interviewed with one of the senior consultants who had been working with the client for a few years. This was mostly a technical interview to test my skills and find out my thought process for solving tough problems. If you are going in for a business intelligence related interview, make sure you know ALL there is to know about the data warehouse life cycle, SQL query skills, functions, and ETL processes & lingo.

Interview Questions

• Write a query that returns the first & last names (concatenated) of employees who have at least two direct reports and have been with the organization at least two years but not more than five; ordered last name   Answer Question
  • Describe a case where you would need to use a cursor to return records from a table.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotions - I was told up front the starting salary based on the budget approved by the client.

Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ciber in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was good by client.Ciber's interview was not good.

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible, negotiate during this otherwise you can't negotiate later.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ciber in June 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of F2F technical round and 1 HR round

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ciber in January 2012.

Interview Details – Written test, technical interview, techinal round at client place.

Negotiation Details – very tough to get the expected pay......need a lot of negotiation skill...

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ciber in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was simple and direct, first round of telephonic technical, second round of techo - functional - managerial, third round of managerial and final hr discussion

Interview Question – there wasn't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were ready to pay

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ciber

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciber Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ciber employees and interview candidates.