Ciber Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.6

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ciber.

Interview

I found the interview process to be degrading. The first interview went well and was with the recruiter. Then I was asked to do a video taped recording of a series of 12 straight forward project management questions. I found this process to be extremely awkward. Once that was completed an interview was set up with a Ciber Engagement Director. The same day the interview was set up the recruiter called to say it was canceled that the client was moving in a different direction. Later there was another position. Originally I was talking about a W2 rate without benefits so the rate would be acceptable . The recruiter called me about the second position to say that it had to be a full time role and the salary was extremely low and this was the same client for which I originally discussed a W2 rate. This just didn't make sense to me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ciber

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ciber.

Interview

In-house corporate recruiter found my resume in an online database (Monster? Dice?) and contacted me for an initial phone-screen. Handled general questions about what I wanted to do career-wise, salary expectations, etc. He set up a phone interview with Ciber's client -- the client was overseas. The client found me to be acceptable, so they made me an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ciber (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewers used to be knowledgeable of project management field. The best recruiters have gone to other companies. Ciber is substituting cheap, inexperienced, unskilled recruiters instead of keeping the best recruiters. Also Ciber has not reached out to obtain the best account executives. As a result Ciber's ability to maintain relationships with Ciber's clients has deteriorated. Consultants for Ciber do not get placed and need to pursue other consulting companies.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions from Ciber.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Screening, recorded video, face to face

Interview Questions

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn for a position at a client that was going through an acquisition and was way behind schedule. I crushed the interview and was offered the position 2 days later. The pay was below my market value but I understood that going in. The recruiter pressured me for an answer, was calling every hour - finally, I told her to back off because I needed to discuss it with my wife. I declined the offer because I knew the project would be long hours (which I was okay with) but Ciber would not pay me extra or give me comp time, so my overtime would be free. I later learned they would be billing the client for O/T but would keep the money for themselves. So managers pressure you to give away free work as it goes right into their pockets. This may violate the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ciber (Southfield, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

There were a series of 3 phone interviews. 1 with HR, 2nd with the hiring manager, 3rd with the transition manager.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a situation when you had an issue with a client and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They wouldn't really negotiate...either you accept or move on.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ciber (Bangalore (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

Regular run of the mill process

Interview Questions

• How will you manage at team   1 Answer
    • Any customer handling experience   1 Answer

Low salary