Ciber

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ciber.

Interview Details – In-house corporate recruiter found my resume in an online database (Monster? Dice?) and contacted me for an initial phone-screen. Handled general questions about what I wanted to do career-wise, salary expectations, etc. He set up a phone interview with Ciber's client -- the client was overseas. The client found me to be acceptable, so they made me an offer.

Interview Question – I had no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ciber in April 2013.

Interview Details – Screening, recorded video, face to face

Interview Question – Not difficult if you know project management   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recruiter found me on LinkedIn for a position at a client that was going through an acquisition and was way behind schedule. I crushed the interview and was offered the position 2 days later. The pay was below my market value but I understood that going in. The recruiter pressured me for an answer, was calling every hour - finally, I told her to back off because I needed to discuss it with my wife. I declined the offer because I knew the project would be long hours (which I was okay with) but Ciber would not pay me extra or give me comp time, so my overtime would be free. I later learned they would be billing the client for O/T but would keep the money for themselves. So managers pressure you to give away free work as it goes right into their pockets. This may violate the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Southfield, MI

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ciber in May 2011.

Interview Details – There were a series of 3 phone interviews. 1 with HR, 2nd with the hiring manager, 3rd with the transition manager.

Interview Question – Please tell me about a situation when you had an issue with a client and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wouldn't really negotiate...either you accept or move on.

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ciber in November 2009.

Interview Details – Regular run of the mill process

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Low salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ciber

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciber Senior Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ciber employees and interview candidates.