Ciena

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum Heights, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum Heights, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ciena in July 2008.

I was contacted by a recruiter about the job opening. The recruiter collected my CV and cover letter. Did not hear anything back for a couple weeks. Then, I was called back by the recruiter who indicated the company wanted me to come for an in-person interview. The interview day consisted of a series of 1-on-1 and 1-on-2. Interviews consisted of mostly work-history related questions and many opportunities to find out about what the job requires. There were no behavioral questions. The process was very low stress. I should add that it was for a rather small group within the organization.

Interview Questions
  • [paraphrasing] How do you handle multiple deadlines and requirements when you don't have enough time for all of them?   View Answer
I did this through the negotiator. They met my initial target salary that I stated to the recruiter. I was able to stretch my starting date a week out (I had wanted to push out it 2 weeks more) and that was the extent of my negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Ciena

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ciena in November 2008.

Interview consisted of a one on one with a senior manager. The interview was fairly relaxed, the interviewer just ran through my resume and asked me about my previous work experience and describe what I did there. No technical questions were asked, just running through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you did at (previous employer name)?   View Answer