Ciena

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Linthicum Heights, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ciena in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter about the job opening. The recruiter collected my CV and cover letter. Did not hear anything back for a couple weeks. Then, I was called back by the recruiter who indicated the company wanted me to come for an in-person interview. The interview day consisted of a series of 1-on-1 and 1-on-2. Interviews consisted of mostly work-history related questions and many opportunities to find out about what the job requires. There were no behavioral questions. The process was very low stress. I should add that it was for a rather small group within the organization.

Interview Question – [paraphrasing] How do you handle multiple deadlines and requirements when you don't have enough time for all of them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did this through the negotiator. They met my initial target salary that I stated to the recruiter. I was able to stretch my starting date a week out (I had wanted to push out it 2 weeks more) and that was the extent of my negotiation.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Kanata, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Ciena in November 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a one on one with a senior manager. The interview was fairly relaxed, the interviewer just ran through my resume and asked me about my previous work experience and describe what I did there. No technical questions were asked, just running through my resume.

Interview Question – Describe what you did at (previous employer name)?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ciena

Worked for Ciena? Contribute to the Community!