Cigital

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Consultant Interview

Security Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cigital in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had email contact from their recruiter via LinkedIn. Talked with the recruiter and then went through four phone tech screenings. These were less technical than I had expected but covered my experience in the software security field and information security field pretty well. Feedback generally came within a few days and then the next call would be scheduled until the four were done. After passing those I was flown into the corporate HQ where I talked with three more employees. One more about how they managed their employee assignments and career management and where I'd like to go and two more technical interviews.

Interview Question – No specific difficult questions but they did ask about areas I had little or no experience in or had not touched for some time. They weren't looking for knowledgeable answers as much as assessing the thought processes.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cigital in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on the company Website, was contacted by the recruiter. Written test followed by 1 HR round and 2 technical interviews on Security, Networks and my experience. Process is fast and there is no point delaying interviews. All interviews are connected and therefore its a good idea to study what one misses out on the previous rounds.

Interview Question – How would you take a knife on a plane past the security at the airport.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fixed rate salary

Bloomington, IN

I applied online and interviewed at Cigital.

Interview Details – 1 Tech test - 1 hr
1 HR Screening - Broad
2 Phone Interviews - Technical based
3 round interview on site - 2 person teams ~ an hour each, very technical, but the interviewers were extremely helpful and would explain any holes.

Interview Question – Just know how every piece of an application works.   Answer Question

Security Intern Interview

Security Intern
Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cigital in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1 Online Test
1 Phone Interview - HR Screening
2 Phone Interviews - Technical Questions
1 On-site Interview (3 hours) - Technical/HR questions

Interview Question – Most of the questions were answerable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

Associate Security Consultant Interview

Associate Security Consultant
Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigital in June 2012.

Interview Details – Gave in June 2012
applied through referral.
asked about basic cryptography, Penetration testing nd secure code review

Interview Question – nothing as such   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Cigital in May 2013.

Interview Details – HR forgot to call me and I called back. Had 5 rounds including the test. It took them 5 rounds to realize I wasnt having enough experience coz that was obvious form my resume that I dint have cyber security experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

Interviewed at Cigital

Interview Details – Long on-site interview. Several calls and phone-screens with recruiters and technical folk.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. If you read OWASP and learn extremely basic crypto (what is a hash, difference between symmetric/asymmetric keys, hmac/digital signature) you will have no problem.

One unexpected question had to deal with session management and how it is implemented in Java. I had never written a Java backend but figured it would use some kind of hashmap...
  Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cigital in April 2013.

Interview Details – 3 technical phone and 1 HR

Interview Question – Questions were related to securty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at Cigital

Interview Details – On applying, if they like the Resume, you'll be asked to schedule two technical telephonic interviews. If you pass both of them, you'll be called for an onsite interview at the Headquarters. Onsite interview consists of 2 small technical face to face interviews and one HR. Once all this is over, you receive a call if they are satisfied with your performance.

Interview Question – They may ask you to implement the security related concept to a real world scenario. For example, how do you store credit card information in database? What type of crypto should we use. Things to take care and prevent a breach etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cigital.

Interview Details – Including 3 rounds. A writing interview which contains several questions about software development and management. A phone interview on projects and communication skills. And an on-site interview. The writing interview is pretty easy for engineering majors. The phone interview contains a lot of technical aspects and is a little bit hard.

Interview Question – Why you want to be a consultant   Answer Question

Worked for Cigital? Contribute to the Community!