Cigital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigital.

Interview

The process was pretty simple and didn't take too long to get started.

The first bit was really just HR asking a few questions ("How did you hear about Cigital?" "Why us?") and then they asked a few technical questions, which were very easy.

Second bit was the written part which consisted of 4 languages and a written bit. Pretty straight forward if you know what you are looking for. If not, this part could prove difficult.

The third bit really got to me though. I had a technical phone interview with a woman in Seattle, Washington. While phone interviews suck in general, this one only made me hate them more. In my defense, the phone interviewer was very hard to understand. She had a thick accent and she would constantly try to put me on speaker phone so that she could write down my answers. It was tough hearing what she was asking and what she needed to know from me. It also seemed like she had no idea who I was in general. She kept on asking me if I was doing the stuff I was interviewing for in some Master's program at a university when I am not in school anymore? One question I gave a completely wrong answer to because I though she asked another question. She came back with something completely different from what I thought she asked and I made me feel a bit dumb but she wasn't exactly clear. Also, when I didn't get an answer right, I guess, she would produce a heavy sigh into the phone like I was wasting her time, so that didn't make me feel very good as well.

That all being said, I didn't do really well on my phone interview. I guess I didn't give the interviewer the best of answers and I knew I didn't do so well. I was nervous and it didn't help that I could barely understand the person on the phone but hey, that's what happened. I can only take it as practice at this point.

I am sure they would be a great company to work for though as most of the people I spoke to really enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what an SQL injection is and what it would look like? How would you implement it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigital.

Interview

So, there were 4 rounds.
    1) Behavioral and simple tech questions.
    2) Security Assessment test.
    3) Technical Phone screening
    4) Onsite interview.

The HR representatives are amazing at what they do. It took about a month to complete the process and I selected the offer after meeting the team with whom I was going to work.

The first round was fairly simple where the recruiter told me what the job was and why they were hiring me. At the end of the interview she asked me 3 simple, very simple technical questions.

Second round was a test, one of the recruiter emailed me the questionnaire and I had to reply them with the answers after 1hr and 15minutes. They asked me to review code and see if they have any security loopholes. You can select your language of choice. They also asked me to write a security architecture for a problem.

Third round was a bit lengthy and was compromised of in-depth security questions. The interviewer was very clear on what he wanted to know. He was also helpful when I was falling off the track or when I did not know what to answer. He wanted to know if I was right fit for the job.

Fourth round was an in person interview with a team of 4 people. They flew me to the office where I was going to get hired as an Intern. The team who interviewed me was very helpful and accommodating. They took the interview for more than 2 hours. It was both technical and behavioral. They wanted to know if I liked the team and how I would fit as an Intern with the team. At the end of the interview, my manager spoke to me about other offers and made a compelling case as to why I should join Cigital. I finally accepted the offer.

Overall, the recruiters were really helpful and would reply to my emails even at midnight. They arranged all my travel and agreed to pay for all my expenses.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigital in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website, I was contacted via email about a week later asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was with a HR rep just to make sure I knew basic terms. I then had a technical test via email that took about 1hr 15m, and I passed the test. Now I have a technical phone interview scheduled for tomorrow but I filled this out prematurely so I could maintain glassdoor access because they are ridiculous.

Interview Questions

Cigital Response

Jun 19, 2015Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback about your experience as it helps us improve our processes.

Knowledge Management & Training Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cigital (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 6 rounds of interview including HR, hiring manager and the team speaking to me. The hiring manager was easy to talk to, asked me insightful and significant questions about my previous work, he was helpful in answering my questions and gave good feedback(like I was a good fit etc) at the end of the series of seemingless endless interviews. 2 of the interviews were over phone and 4 were virtual over webex. It was pretty interesting that a small company like cigital was very tech savvy and open to remote working. It looked like it went well and I was given the impression that I had a very good chance of getting hired but unfortunately that didn't happen. The hiring manager personally called to say he was sorry and that they wanted the knowledge management strategy to go in a different direction than they originally wanted. I was disappointed but these things happen. And I appreciate the team that invested so much time in interviewing me.

Interview Questions

Cigital Response

Jun 19, 2015Marketing Manager

Thanks for leaving your review, we appreciate it and are constantly trying to find the best people for the team no matter where they are. We wish you the best of luck.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigital in April 2015.

Interview

One Phone screen and then on-site interview. On site interview was three hours. Pure Technical. Wide range of questions - Application security, Network security, Code review, Types of attacks and some questions where rather than a correct answer, how you approach the problem is observed. Have'nt got any response yet.

Interview Questions

• Dos attacks, DDos attacks how are they achieved by the attackers in a given scenario(includes white board explanation)   Answer Question

Jun 19, 2015Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're always interested in learning how candidates feel about the interview process and use that information to improve what we do.

Software Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigital (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

1st round basics security questions, 2nd round written test in which they gave a code to find vulnerabilities. It was ok not that hard. If you have basics in c you can easily decode it

Interview Questions

Cigital Response

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigital (Bloomington, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process is good. The Hr was good and they were very prompt in replying. There was some lack of communication for setting up the technical interview. Yet to receive the result of it.

Interview Questions

Cigital Response

Apr 17, 2015Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post your interview feedback here. We've had a few organizational changes and things have gotten a bit shuffled so if you still haven't heard from a member of our ... More

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigital (Dulles, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview before the on-site interview. on-site interview was 3:1 interview, and it feels very condescending when they were conducting the interview. They ask questions and when you can't answer they show disappointment.

Interview Questions

Cigital Response

Apr 17, 2015Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback. If you are willing we’d love to hear more about your experience so we can coach our interview teams to provide a better interview experience to our candidates and future ... More

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cigital in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter from this company sent me an email to set up a phone screen and never call me on that time. She asked me to reschedule it and stood me up again! Finally called me via phone for third time after I send her a confirmation email. It was a very unprofessional experience overall.

Interview Questions

Cigital Response

Apr 17, 2015Marketing Manager

We apologize for your interview experience. Our recruitment team has recently undergone some significant personnel changes over the last few months. If you are still interested in an opportunity ... More

Associate Security Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied to the position from their careers portal. After a week, I got a mail asking to take a written test which involved secure code review, Most of them were easy and few were tricky.

Once the written test was evaluated, I was asked to schedule a phone interview with HR team. Then I had two more technical phone interviews which lasted roughly 45 mins.

The onsite interview had three rounds. The first two rounds were purely technical and the last was with a manager.