Cigital

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.3

Associate Security Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigital.

Applied Online on the cigital portal. Got a email from the HR for online test for full time position.
    1 online test, 1 HR phone call, 2 technical phone interviews, 3 rounds of onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Cigital.

1 Tech test - 1 hr
    1 HR Screening - Broad
    2 Phone Interviews - Technical based
    3 round interview on site - 2 person teams ~ an hour each, very technical, but the interviewers were extremely helpful and would explain any holes.

Security Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigital in May 2014.

Had email contact from their recruiter via LinkedIn. Talked with the recruiter and then went through four phone tech screenings. These were less technical than I had expected but covered my experience in the software security field and information security field pretty well. Feedback generally came within a few days and then the next call would be scheduled until the four were done. After passing those I was flown into the corporate HQ where I talked with three more employees. One more about how they managed their employee assignments and career management and where I'd like to go and two more technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • No specific difficult questions but they did ask about areas I had little or no experience in or had not touched for some time. They weren't looking for knowledgeable answers as much as assessing the thought processes.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Long on-site interview. Several calls and phone-screens with recruiters and technical folk.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. If you read OWASP and learn extremely basic crypto (what is a hash, difference between symmetric/asymmetric keys, hmac/digital signature) you will have no problem.

One unexpected question had to deal with session management and how it is implemented in Java. I had never written a Java backend but figured it would use some kind of hashmap...
        Answer Question

Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigital in March 2014.

1 Online Test
    1 Phone Interview - HR Screening
    2 Phone Interviews - Technical Questions
    1 On-site Interview (3 hours) - Technical/HR questions

Didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

On applying, if they like the Resume, you'll be asked to schedule two technical telephonic interviews. If you pass both of them, you'll be called for an onsite interview at the Headquarters. Onsite interview consists of 2 small technical face to face interviews and one HR. Once all this is over, you receive a call if they are satisfied with your performance.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you to implement the security related concept to a real world scenario. For example, how do you store credit card information in database? What type of crypto should we use. Things to take care and prevent a breach etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cigital.

Including 3 rounds. A writing interview which contains several questions about software development and management. A phone interview on projects and communication skills. And an on-site interview. The writing interview is pretty easy for engineering majors. The phone interview contains a lot of technical aspects and is a little bit hard.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigital.

I had initially did an HR screen but decided not to pursue because of the travel requirements (over 50%). I interviewed again a few months later and was quickly passed through two technical interviews. I was flown to their Santa Clara office for 3 in person interviews which, in my opinion, were easier than the phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    Pretty straight forward negotiation, they didn't low ball me.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigital.

There was an initial skills test (find the bugs/security vulnerabilities/etc.), followed quickly by a HR screen, followed quickly by two technical screens with existing consultants. After that, they quickly moved to have me on-site for another set of interviews. The onsite interviews consisted of three sessions, the first two focusing more on technical skills, and the last with a manager which focused more on the candidate's specifics. The whole process took the whole day. Overall, impressions of the employees was very positive -- specifically the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the personal questions were challenging, but the behavioral and technical questions were nothing unexpected (though they were pretty thorough)   Answer Question

After reflection, I realized I didn't want to travel as much as I would need to. Additionally, the salary was not compelling enough for me given the cost of living in the area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cigital in October 2013.

Applied on the company Website, was contacted by the recruiter. Written test followed by 1 HR round and 2 technical interviews on Security, Networks and my experience. Process is fast and there is no point delaying interviews. All interviews are connected and therefore its a good idea to study what one misses out on the previous rounds.

Interview Questions
    • How would you take a knife on a plane past the security at the airport.   View Answer
    Fixed rate salary