Cigital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigital in March 2015.

The whole process is good. The Hr was good and they were very prompt in replying. There was some lack of communication for setting up the technical interview. Yet to receive the result of it.

Associate Security Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigital in February 2015.

A recruiter from this company sent me an email to set up a phone screen and never call me on that time. She asked me to reschedule it and stood me up again! Finally called me via phone for third time after I send her a confirmation email. It was a very unprofessional experience overall.

Associate Security Consultant Interview

I applied to the position from their careers portal. After a week, I got a mail asking to take a written test which involved secure code review, Most of them were easy and few were tricky.

Once the written test was evaluated, I was asked to schedule a phone interview with HR team. Then I had two more technical phone interviews which lasted roughly 45 mins.

The onsite interview had three rounds. The first two rounds were purely technical and the last was with a manager.

Associate Security Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigital.

Applied Online on the cigital portal. Got a email from the HR for online test for full time position.
    1 online test, 1 HR phone call, 2 technical phone interviews, 3 rounds of onsite interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Cigital.

1 Tech test - 1 hr
    1 HR Screening - Broad
    2 Phone Interviews - Technical based
    3 round interview on site - 2 person teams ~ an hour each, very technical, but the interviewers were extremely helpful and would explain any holes.

Security Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigital in May 2014.

Had email contact from their recruiter via LinkedIn. Talked with the recruiter and then went through four phone tech screenings. These were less technical than I had expected but covered my experience in the software security field and information security field pretty well. Feedback generally came within a few days and then the next call would be scheduled until the four were done. After passing those I was flown into the corporate HQ where I talked with three more employees. One more about how they managed their employee assignments and career management and where I'd like to go and two more technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • No specific difficult questions but they did ask about areas I had little or no experience in or had not touched for some time. They weren't looking for knowledgeable answers as much as assessing the thought processes.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Long on-site interview. Several calls and phone-screens with recruiters and technical folk.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. If you read OWASP and learn extremely basic crypto (what is a hash, difference between symmetric/asymmetric keys, hmac/digital signature) you will have no problem.

One unexpected question had to deal with session management and how it is implemented in Java. I had never written a Java backend but figured it would use some kind of hashmap...

Answer Question

Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigital in March 2014.

1 Online Test
    1 Phone Interview - HR Screening
    2 Phone Interviews - Technical Questions
    1 On-site Interview (3 hours) - Technical/HR questions

Didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

On applying, if they like the Resume, you'll be asked to schedule two technical telephonic interviews. If you pass both of them, you'll be called for an onsite interview at the Headquarters. Onsite interview consists of 2 small technical face to face interviews and one HR. Once all this is over, you receive a call if they are satisfied with your performance.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you to implement the security related concept to a real world scenario. For example, how do you store credit card information in database? What type of crypto should we use. Things to take care and prevent a breach etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cigital.

Including 3 rounds. A writing interview which contains several questions about software development and management. A phone interview on projects and communication skills. And an on-site interview. The writing interview is pretty easy for engineering majors. The phone interview contains a lot of technical aspects and is a little bit hard.