Cigital

Cigital Security Consultant Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Security Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigital in May 2014.

Had email contact from their recruiter via LinkedIn. Talked with the recruiter and then went through four phone tech screenings. These were less technical than I had expected but covered my experience in the software security field and information security field pretty well. Feedback generally came within a few days and then the next call would be scheduled until the four were done. After passing those I was flown into the corporate HQ where I talked with three more employees. One more about how they managed their employee assignments and career management and where I'd like to go and two more technical interviews.

Interview Questions
  • No specific difficult questions but they did ask about areas I had little or no experience in or had not touched for some time. They weren't looking for knowledgeable answers as much as assessing the thought processes.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigital.

There was an initial skills test (find the bugs/security vulnerabilities/etc.), followed quickly by a HR screen, followed quickly by two technical screens with existing consultants. After that, they quickly moved to have me on-site for another set of interviews. The onsite interviews consisted of three sessions, the first two focusing more on technical skills, and the last with a manager which focused more on the candidate's specifics. The whole process took the whole day. Overall, impressions of the employees was very positive -- specifically the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the personal questions were challenging, but the behavioral and technical questions were nothing unexpected (though they were pretty thorough)   Answer Question

After reflection, I realized I didn't want to travel as much as I would need to. Additionally, the salary was not compelling enough for me given the cost of living in the area.

Security Consultant Interview

Basic SDLC knowledge and strong security knowledge asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cigital.

In a word: tough
    Recruiter was persistent, finally decided to talk to the person who'd been chasing me down for 2 years. She seemed to think the travel wouldn't be as much as it used to be, and so far, I've barely had to travel. The tech folks were tough. But I persevered!

Interview Questions
    • Too many to list or that I care to remember. Plus, I don't want to list any here for fear that they'll likely be used again.   Answer Question
    Professional. Got what I needed to make a sensible move from my old, rather dull, job.