Cigna

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

AEDP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in January 2013.

I applied online. I was contacted about a month later for a phone interview. The phone interview was a combination of basic resume review and behavioral questions. Be prepared for the behavioral questions, they are a significant portion of the conversation. A few days later I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. The interview day included lunch with an "actuarial buddy" who also took me from interview to interview that day. Then I had an opening presentation with the head of the AEDP program. Then three interviews with actuaries at various levels in their career. The interviews were pretty standard, a mix of resume review and behavioral questions. With a couple technical questions thrown in. I got the sense early on that the key things they were looking for were leadership and initiative qualities and a willingness and ability to learn. A couple days later an offer was made. It was a very pleasant interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Describe three strengths in terms of a noun, an adjective and a verb.
    What is an expected value?
      Answer Question