Cigna

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was a combination of phone and in-person. I actually had known my interviewer from a previous position within the company, so there was some comfort level there. Just the standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Tell me about time when you encountered conflict in your current job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I knew exactly what I wanted, and was in a good position because I really didn't dislike the job I was in, so it's not as if I "had" to take the job, so that gave me leverage.

I didn't budge, and I got what I wanted, which was reasonable.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cigna in September 2008.

Interview Details – CIGNA has a very diverse work culture. I applied for the position from the companies website and was contacted right away by their national recruiter. After the intial conversation I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and 2 other account managers. I was offered the job within a week of my last interview.

Interview Question – What is your expereince with the financial aspect of the accounts that you handled and your previous company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary listed for the postion was not in my range however, I was able to negotiate a comparable salary plus parking costs in a busy downtown area. If the salary is out of your range ask for a hiring bonus.

Columbia, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in October 2009.

Interview Details – Went for two face to face interviews (two weeks apart). Did not hear back from them after second interview

Interview Question – What makes you a great salesperson?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got an e-mail about a month after I applied online through my school's database. They set up a phone interview and after that had me come in to their Bloomfield headquarters. I was interviewed by three people. The questions were almost all behavioral ones, with a couple of logical questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to negotiate.   Answer Question

Account Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in April 2011.

Interview Details – Asked basically what you've done wrong.. not what you've done right.. spent too much time taliking about failures rather than success.

Interview Question – Describe you biggest failure   View Answer

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!