Cigna

Cigna Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Kept me well communicated. There was an informal get together on the day before, which was great because we got to meet the recruiters. The interview process was great. The recruiter kept me at ease and was very friendly. A lot of standard behavioral questions were asked. A lot of questions about actuarial positions were asked too. There were also some random questions- estimate the number of quarters that could fit in the room, the number of leaves in a tree.

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in February 2010.

they wanted me to show that i could do mathematics and such as well as solve a few problems. the hr person knew nothing about what actuaries do.

Interview Questions
    • what would your friends say about you?   View Answer
    • what would a person who doesn't particularly care for you say?   View Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in March 2009.

The first interview was on-campus and was a general behavorioural interview based off my resume. The second round was on-site, with about 4 back to back interviews including a lunch interview with the program coordinator, full-time ASA and FSA actuaries. All interviews were mainly personality based, with emhpasis on being able to explain your specific projects in detail, demonstrate interest in the healthcare industry and the actuarial profession

Interview Questions
    • Most diffcult question was in relation to a healthcare project I had done - and it was drilling into details of why I did what I did   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in March 2011.

Applied online. Was contacted by a recruiter within a few days, and had the phone interview set up the week after. The interviewer was a recent hire, very nice and seemed to really like working there. The interview was the typical tell me about yourself, resume questions, and about fit.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna in October 2009.

This was an on campus, first round interview for an entry level position. Prior to the interview candidates are asked to submit their resume and fill out an application on the company's website.

The interview lasted half an hour. The questions fell into two main categories: behavioral and technical. The behavioral questions were fairly standard: Tell me about a time you worked in a team. What challenges did you experience? How did you deal with difficult team members? One that seemed completely inappropriate for an entry level position was: Tell me about a time when you instituted an innovative process at work. Another difficult question: Tell me about a time you explained something technical to a nontechnical person.

The other style of questions were technical. For example: If you have a single stack of pennies as tall as the empire state building, how would you determine if those pennies would fit in this room (the room we were interviewing in)? The answer to these questions isn't as important as the thought process. I was also asked industry specific questions concerning health care.

The interviewer was insufferably arrogant and condescending. I spoke to some of my peers regarding their experience and they felt the same way.

Interview Questions
    • If health care reform is passed that mandates insurance for every American what do you think the effect will be on the revenue and profit of health insurance companies?   View Answer