Cigna

Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuary Intern Interview

Actuary Intern
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in November 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted the application online and got a phone interview request three weeks later.
I thought that I did well on the interview but I did not get the job so I must do something wrong. It was my first phone interview for job but I felt well prepared. Make sure go over the common phone interview questions.

Interview Question – explain the time value of money to a non math major   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cigna in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview for Actuarial Executive Develoment Program

Interview Question – Tell me about th time when you had to make a difficult decision without all the available information   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Interview Details – Cigna representatives came to my campus. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to one of the representatives and was invited for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, each with a single person. I was asked a "describe one time where you..." question in one of the interviews and a technical question in the other. Both interviews were spent just talking generally about my resume and my interests and aspirations.

Interview Question – Describe a time you dealt with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I interviewed at Cigna in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first got in touch with Cigna through my university career center, and was invited for the first round interview at school. The style of the interview was two 30 minute interviews with 2 of the senior actuaries. I was invited back for a second round interview at the Cigna head offices in Connecticut. This time the format was three 45 minute interviews with members of Cigna's actuarial department as well as HR and a lunch with one of the junior members.

Interview Question – What are some of the key risks in Cigna's partaking of the emerging health exchanges market?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Got an interview after the career fair at my school. It was a 1 on 1 interview with one of the entry-level analysts. Basic behavioral interview, but I didn't have any exams so I didn't move on.

Interview Question – You don't have any exams passed--how do you know this is the right field for you?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Got an interview on campus

Interview Questions

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in January 2011.

Interview Details – the first round interview was a 1:1 interview at the university career center. both behavioral and a little bit of technical questions were asked. one of the questions was about the health reforml. also I was asked to explain statistical terms to a plain man using non-math terms.

Interview Question – talk about the health reform   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cigna in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewers were not very nice. Most of the questions were fit, with very few technical ones. The actuaries work within different departments, including human resource, and health care product department.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about resume.   Answer Question

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!