Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT).

Interview

First round interview was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Second round interview I was brought onto their campus. Consisted of one 1 hour interview, 3 45 min interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• A train left station A going 20 mph, and at the same time a train left station B going 15 mph. A bird sat on top of train A and started flying at 40 mph as soon as train A left. The bird flew to train B, then back to train A, then back to train B, and so on, until the two trains met. The track is 70 miles long. How many miles did the bird fly?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Actuarial Interview

Interview

I receive a phone interview for the job. The questions are all behavioral questions. I have wanted to work for Cigna for a long time, so when I finally got a chance to interview I was most excited. However despite not getting an offer, I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"

Interview Questions

• I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online in Cigna official web. First round is on campus interview. Most of questions is behavioral questions. Second round interview is on site interview. Overall experience is pretty.

Interview Questions

• some technical questions about actuarial science knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

On campus recruiting to a on-site final round interview with multiple actuaries.

Interview Questions

• What is the impact of the healthcare reform act? Please address the various constituents.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic phone interview. A few behavioral questions to start the interview off with. After that, the interviewer asked a couple questions about basic insurance principles to see that I had a basic understanding of it. The interviewer then told me a bit about the company and what they the internship position consisted of. Lasted about 30 minutes. Heard back about two weeks later for a second phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was so awful. I even didn't know which position I applied for, since the title for the position is only "actuarial intern". When he asked me "What do you know about health insurance", I got stuck and had no idea about it. What a nightmare!

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Applied on line. Got interview opportunity a few days later. Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people. And some background questions. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people   Answer Question