Cigna

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.7

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

First round interview was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Second round interview I was brought onto their campus. Consisted of one 1 hour interview, 3 45 min interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Questions
    • A train left station A going 20 mph, and at the same time a train left station B going 15 mph. A bird sat on top of train A and started flying at 40 mph as soon as train A left. The bird flew to train B, then back to train A, then back to train B, and so on, until the two trains met. The track is 70 miles long. How many miles did the bird fly?   Answer Question

Global Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in April 2014.

Responsive and fast. I heard back about a week after I sent in my resume, had a behavioral interview with HR and then an interview with the hiring manager a few days after that. I got an offer the same day as my last interview. Everyone I spoke to was super friendly and low-key.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Very standard questions. Some situational questions, but there was nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Cigna Intern - IT Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Submitted application, about a month later they got back to me and we had a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of situational/behavior questions - overcoming obstacles, telling people things they don't want to hear, difficult client, unique approach to a problem. Not much about my tech experience   Answer Question

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Gave resume at college career fair. Heard back about 2 weeks later. Phone interview was very standard, then another interview at the company headquarters. Two interviews. Standard behavioral questions and going over employment history. They asked several math questions which were easy but if you are not used to doing math in front of someone on the spot you may get flustered and make a mistake. Each interview ended with an open ended math question such as: If you own a window washing business how much would you charge to wash every building in Hartford?

Interview Questions
    • If you own a window washing business how much would you charge to wash every building in Hartford?   Answer Question

Underwriting Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Contacted by an HR Rep to do a quick phone screening. Having passed that they will schedule an interview. The interview was very formalized; behavioral questions are the bulk of the interview. "Give us an example of ..." I was contacted within two days of having interviewed with an offer from the initial HR Rep.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time you had to say, "No" and why that decision was hard.   View Answer
    Initial offer, which I countered since I would not be eligible for a raise at the annual salary consideration. Was able to get an additional 2% on my starting salary.

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

The Interview process was very well organized. I had to fly in from out of state. I had to interview with 3 managers and the technical questions were detailed and were relevant to my field of work. They had to file a Visa and the HR group had a very good idea of the workings of the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Services as it was known then.

Interview Questions
    • What is your perceived weakness and how do you plan to get over it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in November 2011.

Was an employee referral - had an initial phone screening with the internal recruiter, phone interview with the recruiter's manager. I then participated in 4 interviews in person with various leaders (AVP, VP level) including the hiring manager. Impressed by the company leadership - everyone spoke highly of the executive leadership and growth potential of the company. Culture seemed friendly and engaged. Warm reception from the people I met.

Sent thank you notes to everyone - followed up with the recruiter the following week - no response. Followed up via phone and email a number of times over the following few weeks - never any response from the recruiter. Impressed by the company - not impressed by the recruiting team.

SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cigna in November 2011.

The recruiter I was working with set me up with this interview. I drove in, spoke to a few of the programmers on the team for about an hour, and the next day I had their results. Nothing special, although they have a lack of conference rooms so our meeting was done in their cafeteria (which was very nice, but not a great place for an interview).

Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cigna in October 2011.

The process consisted of three interview rounds. The first was a standard interview, 2:1. No difficult questions, mostly just talked about myself and what was on my resume. The second round was four 30 minute 1:1 interviews. The questions were a little more challenging here. Some asked what you would do in a given real life circumstances. The third round was more 1:1 interviews where you talked more about yourself and your skills.

TECDP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in September 2011.

I was invited by an employee. I had a conversation with the TECDP manager and then the direct manager with whom I'd work. They asked me about my interests to determine fit and department preference. The majority of the questions were behavioral in nature. Both of my interviews were over the phone. Be as clear as possible about your interests. In retrospect, I should've taken a position on the business side and not the tech side.

Interview Questions
    • Why re you interested in this company? I was an English major, but was able to use my high school activities to justify my interest in tech   Answer Question