Cigna

Relevance Date Difficulty

TECDP Intern Interview

TECDP Intern
Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited by an employee. I had a conversation with the TECDP manager and then the direct manager with whom I'd work. They asked me about my interests to determine fit and department preference. The majority of the questions were behavioral in nature. Both of my interviews were over the phone. Be as clear as possible about your interests. In retrospect, I should've taken a position on the business side and not the tech side.

Interview Question – Why re you interested in this company? I was an English major, but was able to use my high school activities to justify my interest in tech   Answer Question

Cigna Intern - IT Program Interview

Cigna Intern - IT Program
Bloomfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Submitted application, about a month later they got back to me and we had a phone interview

Interview Question – Asked a lot of situational/behavior questions - overcoming obstacles, telling people things they don't want to hear, difficult client, unique approach to a problem. Not much about my tech experience   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Digital Marketing Manager
Bloomfield, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was comfortable. Made m feel at ease. To the point questions.

Interview Question – Relocation specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was good, receptive.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Senior Underwriter
Bloomfield, CT

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Gave resume at college career fair. Heard back about 2 weeks later. Phone interview was very standard, then another interview at the company headquarters. Two interviews. Standard behavioral questions and going over employment history. They asked several math questions which were easy but if you are not used to doing math in front of someone on the spot you may get flustered and make a mistake. Each interview ended with an open ended math question such as: If you own a window washing business how much would you charge to wash every building in Hartford?

Interview Question – If you own a window washing business how much would you charge to wash every building in Hartford?   Answer Question

Underwriting Account Manager Interview

Underwriting Account Manager
Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Contacted by an HR Rep to do a quick phone screening. Having passed that they will schedule an interview. The interview was very formalized; behavioral questions are the bulk of the interview. "Give us an example of ..." I was contacted within two days of having interviewed with an offer from the initial HR Rep.

Interview Question – Give us an example of a time you had to say, "No" and why that decision was hard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial offer, which I countered since I would not be eligible for a raise at the annual salary consideration. Was able to get an additional 2% on my starting salary.

Application Developer Interview

Application Developer
Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very well organized. I had to fly in from out of state. I had to interview with 3 managers and the technical questions were detailed and were relevant to my field of work. They had to file a Visa and the HR group had a very good idea of the workings of the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Services as it was known then.

Interview Question – What is your perceived weakness and how do you plan to get over it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in November 2011.

Interview Details – Was an employee referral - had an initial phone screening with the internal recruiter, phone interview with the recruiter's manager. I then participated in 4 interviews in person with various leaders (AVP, VP level) including the hiring manager. Impressed by the company leadership - everyone spoke highly of the executive leadership and growth potential of the company. Culture seemed friendly and engaged. Warm reception from the people I met.

Sent thank you notes to everyone - followed up with the recruiter the following week - no response. Followed up via phone and email a number of times over the following few weeks - never any response from the recruiter. Impressed by the company - not impressed by the recruiting team.

Interview Question – Standard questions - nothing unusual   Answer Question

SAS Programmer Interview

SAS Programmer
Bloomfield, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in November 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter I was working with set me up with this interview. I drove in, spoke to a few of the programmers on the team for about an hour, and the next day I had their results. Nothing special, although they have a lack of conference rooms so our meeting was done in their cafeteria (which was very nice, but not a great place for an interview).

Interview Question – SAS and SQL experience   Answer Question

Investments Interview

Investments
Bloomfield, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in October 2011.

Interview Details – The process consisted of three interview rounds. The first was a standard interview, 2:1. No difficult questions, mostly just talked about myself and what was on my resume. The second round was four 30 minute 1:1 interviews. The questions were a little more challenging here. Some asked what you would do in a given real life circumstances. The third round was more 1:1 interviews where you talked more about yourself and your skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about the current economy.   Answer Question

Data Entry Associate Interview

Data Entry Associate
Bloomfield, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in November 2010.

Interview Details – interview questions on skills and previous jobs

Interview Question – tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!