Cigna

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Manager Interview

Claims Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interview questions, panel style interview. Took about an hour long. Everyone was very nice, but asked a lot of behavioral questions that really will make you think. This is an interview that you must prepare for. They will also ask a percentage math questions, such as what is 60% of 300 or something along those lines.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the company. Do your research   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still in the background check phase. The background check is so stringent. The company they use to conduct the background check digs really really deep. It's like you're applying for a job in the CIA or FBI.

Claim Manager Interview

Claim Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in January 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview on the phone, The recruiter was late when calling and described the wrong job.

Interview Question – The interview was very laid back and there were no questions that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was sent the wrong job offer by the recruiter, my social security number was wrong, and she would not let me negotiate salary which I found out later was incorrect.
The company that does background checks called me constantly. They said they called my college university and prior employer but could not verify the information. I contacted both places and had what I needed in 10 minutes and confirmed the background verifcation company did not reach out to them

Claim Manager Interview

Claim Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in November 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions about my experience. Was then contacted to set up a panel interview. The interview was with two managers and consisted of behavioral questions such as, "Tell me about a time when you mediated a conflict between two coworkers."

Interview Question – I was asked to calculate a math problem, which was easy but took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Claims Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and two days later I got a phone call from a talent manager telling me that she wanted to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled the interview and 1 week later she called me. The phone interview went well. It lasted about 20 mins. She scheduled me for an interview for exactly a week later. The interview consisted of me being interviewed by 4 people. They first showed a video and then I was interviewed by 4 people who were all very nice. The questions were hard and not anything like I prepared for. There were no questions about strengths or weaknesses. They were all behavioral questions saying tell me about a time when.....& let me tell you I thought of some scenarios before I got there just in case.....but there questions were definitely different than normal but the actual interviewers kept me relaxed.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where your solution to a complex problem didnt work   Answer Question

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!