Cigna Claims Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted in about one week for a assessment. Got my results in 2-3 days and asked to attend an on site interview the next week. An email overview was sent with salary range, expectations, and start date. The interview was set up in groups of 5, every half hour. They gave us a tour of the office, brief overview of the position and interviewed us one by one with a panel. Panel interviewers the took turns asking a total of 7 STAR questions, while writing everything down. Still waiting for a decision...

Interview Questions

• What do you take pride in? (Basic name a time when...)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter via email within 2 days. The recruiter emailed a timed test to take within 48 hours. Contacted by recruiter again within same day of test completion to setup a phone interview. Recruiter setup an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. The on-site interview was approx. a week after the phone interview. I met with 3 people total during on-site interview. I have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview - reviewed resume, talked about positions available. On-site interview - discussed position, behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Pitts, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application, online skills assessment (logic and math questions, personality assessment), phone interview with HR department (background information), in person interview with management (situation based questions, some math questions) , in person interview with a director, background check, drug test

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to give someone bad news at work   1 Answer

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

One was a phone interview and and another was a face to face--- both interviewers were pleasant. HR from PA calls first and then a manager from the office calls and schedules. Most people have 3 interviews with the last being a panel interview. This all happens in a two to three week time span.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, the application assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done.

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through indeed and within a week I was emailed to take an assessment. Upon passing I was email again explaining the job the next steps and the hours alone with the training schedule. I had a phone interview then a in person interview with 4 people then the vp.

Interview Questions

• 20% of 200. Behavior questions Situational questions Why you What do you know about Cigna   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I. Negotiated

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions, panel style interview. Took about an hour long. Everyone was very nice, but asked a lot of behavioral questions that really will make you think. This is an interview that you must prepare for. They will also ask a percentage math questions, such as what is 60% of 300 or something along those lines.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the company. Do your research   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in the background check phase. The background check is so stringent. The company they use to conduct the background check digs really really deep. It's like you're applying for a job in the CIA or FBI.

Claim Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions about my experience. Was then contacted to set up a panel interview. The interview was with two managers and consisted of behavioral questions such as, "Tell me about a time when you mediated a conflict between two coworkers."

Interview Questions

• I was asked to calculate a math problem, which was easy but took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Claim Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna in January 2011.

Interview

Had an initial interview on the phone, The recruiter was late when calling and described the wrong job.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very laid back and there were no questions that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was sent the wrong job offer by the recruiter, my social security number was wrong, and she would not let me negotiate salary which I found out later was incorrect. The company that does background checks called me constantly. They said they called my college university and prior employer but could not verify the information. I contacted both places and had what I needed in 10 minutes and confirmed the background verifcation company did not reach out to them

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna in August 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job and two days later I got a phone call from a talent manager telling me that she wanted to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled the interview and 1 week later she called me. The phone interview went well. It lasted about 20 mins. She scheduled me for an interview for exactly a week later. The interview consisted of me being interviewed by 4 people. They first showed a video and then I was interviewed by 4 people who were all very nice. The questions were hard and not anything like I prepared for. There were no questions about strengths or weaknesses. They were all behavioral questions saying tell me about a time when.....& let me tell you I thought of some scenarios before I got there just in case.....but there questions were definitely different than normal but the actual interviewers kept me relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your solution to a complex problem didnt work   Answer Question