Cigna Claims Manager Team Lead Interview Questions

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Claims Manager Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I found out about the opportunity on Careerbuilder.com. I applied through their website for this position as well as a Claims Manager position. I was contacted about 1 week later by a Talent Recruiter for the company via the phone. She set up a phone interview with me for later in the day. The interview was a lot of questions regarding my ability to perform certain tasks as well as a walk through of my resume. The interview as behavioral. Next the Talent Recruiter described the job and what it involved. I was also informed that usually they hire from within but due to growth they were having to reach outside the company. She stated she would pass my information along to the hiring manager and I would be contacted if they were interested. I was contacted 3 days later regarding setting up an in person interview at the location. It was scheduled for the following week. I went into the interview and was interviewed by 2 managers(Directors). The interview is a scripted situational/behavioral interview. They are looking for specific examples. Also have questions available to ask of them as well. The Talent Recruiter contacted me the next day with an update, stating they were interested and would make a decision in a few days. I recieved the job offer 2 days later via phone from the Recruiter, and accepted. The facility is fairly new(last 5 years), very nice. The dress of the employees is business casual(some had jeans or khakis on) I noticed an onsite cafeteria, not sure about what the work area looks like, but I know its a cubicle environment. I was very impressed by the description of the culture of the corporation, and can't wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to be in charge of a start up.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate, although I feel there was room for maybe 2-3k more in the offer. I don't have experience in the area, so I feel my raises will come. I would suggest you ask if you aren't offered within the market range, listed on this website, for the specific position. It has been right on for the offers that I have been recieving for various offers.