Cigna

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details – I Applied online via the website...spoke with a HR Rep about a week later during a phone interview. Offered an opportunity to come to the site in St Louis MO to interview with the hiring manager and current supervisor. It was a behavioral style interview.....who....what....when....where....why...and what was done to resolve the issue. My over all experience was extremely positive.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you have to resolve an issue of a irate customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will offer you a salary based off your experience.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cigna in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online in July and was emailed an automatically generated email thanking me for expressing my interest in the customer service representative position. I didn't hear anything from the company until the following month (August). I got an email from a member of the Cigna Talent Organization asking to complete a pre screen via email and submit it back to her asap. The email stated that I would be contacted within 10 business days regarding the status of my application. I didn't respond to the pre screen for a full 24 hours. The next day I got a call from a recruiter asking me if I was still interested in the position and wanting to set up an interview. I interview the next week and I didn't hear anything from the company after the interview until the following month (September). I was contacted by a recruiter and I was told that the company wanted to extend a job offer based off the passing of a drug test and background check. Start date in October.

4 month long process that was worth the wait for the great benefits that this company has to offer.

The interview process wasn't too bad. I arrived at the site and signed in at the front desk. My interview came out and introduced himself as one of the team leaders for the call center and informed me that I would be interviewing with him and also the operation manager on site for the call center. They asked pretty straight forward questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. It does help to have some knowledge of how a call center works. I think that I won them both over by asking questions about the metrics that their call center look at and also by providing them with information in regards to what metrics I was accustom to having to meet.

Just be yourself during the process. With this position you will be taking inbound calls and with comes the need for empathy, professionalism, and active listening. If you've worked in a call center environment before then fed off of those experiences so that they know you are somewhat knowledgeable about the position for which you have applied and hopefully are interviewing are.

When answering the questions be sure to include real world examples. Make sure your answers restate the questions, give an example, and also provide an outcome of that example.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workload?   View Answer
  • How do you great rapport with other members on staff and/or clients?   View Answer
  • Recall a time when you had to handle a difficult customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation takes place when the job offer was extended. You can negotiate if you have obtained your degree and also based off the number of years of experience you have in a related job. I didn't negotiate my salary.

Customer Service Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in April 2009.

Interview Details – When interviewing, they look for a start, middle, and end to your answers......explain WHAT the scenario is, then HOW you made it happen, and then the END RESULT of the scenario you're describing. CIGNA is a team oriented company, so play on team work during your interview.

Interview Question – Tell us a time you had to deliver a difficult message to a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none. they start you off at the rate they want

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!