Cigna

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in April 2014.

Interview Details – First I received an email from a recruiter on a Friday regarding interest in having a phone interview. I responded and had a phone interview the following day. The phone interview was pretty normal question that took about 15 minutes. He thought I would be a good fit to move forward for a face to face. He said I would receive an email from the people who set up time for face to face interviews. I did receive that the following day. That I scheduled my face to face with the manager snd supervisor of the call center. So the time linr went like this. Monday phone interview, Tuesday schedule gscr to face interview, Thursday face to face interview, Friday extended job offer and accepted. It two weeks to process my back ground and drug screen.

Interview Question – Tell me s time you had to settle a confrontation between two of your colleagues?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Good.

Interview Question – Stats were too high every phone call is different   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview Details – My application was submitted online. I received an email requesting an interview be done via email in lieu of phone interview. I heard from HR one week late, where a review of my interview answers was conducted. I was offered a second interview on site. I received job offer two days later.

Interview Question – How did you deliver a difficult message to a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The background check is very stringent. Cigna checks employment history (start and end date), education, and criminal history. Overall I had an average experience.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Interview Details – Application and hiring process is completed on the computer mostly. (Except for the interview.) I applied through a job website, and received a phone call for a phone interview a week or so later. I was then asked to do a 2:1 (Interviewed with two managers.) interview a week later.

Then when I went to the interview, you waited for the manager to call your name. (Expect many others to be there too.) Allow yourself a good hour and a half for this process.

Received offer on the phone, and was told in a couple of days, I'd have to take a drug test and complete/pass a background chec to maintain the offer.

You'll need a computer and internet to complete the rest of on-boarding process.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you may have over-looked a detail or details that may have created a problem for a customer, how did you figure out the issue, how did you resolve the issue, and what did you learn from the issue?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received a call from an HR Manager giving me the salary rate. I accepted.

Bourbonnais, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in July 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter who conducted a phone interview on the spot, and was then emailed information asking me to go to the work site for an interview. Interview was supposed to be 2:1 but the second person wasn't available. I was asked behavioral type interview questions, the interviewer wrote down the questions I asked at the end on the back of her interview sheet. I received an email 6 days later asking me to call regarding the status of my interview, and was offered the job after I called the number given to me.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say is something you need to improve on?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a customer called and demanded to speak with a manager?   Answer Question

Plano, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process began with a phone interview conducted by an outside vendor. Questions were generic and very general to the job description, nothing of a very personal nature. You are told over the phone if they are willing to do the second interview in person on site. Email communication is sent for the time and location of the interview, done in the office you would be working in. Second interview is conducted by two members of management, asking questions about previous job experiences and going over basic corporate beliefs. No tour is given at the time, telephone contact is made for the offer later. Work environment is a call center, you must learn quickly and independently to be up to speed. Due to the nature of the work, not much interaction with coworkers or management on a continued basis - 85% of your time is on client calls. Office offers many amenities on-site, such as a cafeteria and small gym for employees as well as a nurse staffed clinic for minor medical emergencies.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation occured on the phone - negotiate high if you are experienced - median range is anywhere from 32 to 35K a year. Not sure if children should be mentioned during in person interview, single parents made more on average in.the office among those I knew. After discussing salaries among coworkers, I was paid less being college educated than single parents without degrees.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

Interview Details – asked and answered various questions

Interview Questions

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!