Cigna

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Applied online and was contacted about a month after do to a phone interview. Very unexpected and on the spot but I did well. Then HR sent my number to the hiring manager who then contacted me for an in person interview. Panel interview with six questions. They let you go over them and then they begin. They look for very brief but concise answers. Was offered the job few days later.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview was short and just asked scenario questions about how well you work with others and how you handle dissatisfied customers. They did not explain the functions of the job clearly.

Interview Questions
    • can you describe a time you made an disgruntle customer happy.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

I had a phone interview which consist of behavioral questions. The HR lady then scheduled me for an interview with two of the hiring managers. The interview was quite easy. I then got a call for a second interview which went quite well. I was offered the job a week later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna.

Filled out application online, face to face interview, easy questions, nothing really stood out. Typical customer service experience was necessary. The shift hours are not really good. And the building was kind of difficult to find.

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cigna in August 2014.

I applied for Cigna towards the end of July. A day or two after I completed and submitted the application, I received an email follow-up with some questions and a good time to schedule a phone interview. I never got an email back and days later I then continued to follow-up with the person. The day after that I received an email about her apologizing about her being late responding and told me to call ASAP. Once I called I done the phone interview right then and there! The recruiter wasn't pleasant for someone recruiting for a customer service associate position. She asked questions such as: Name a time when you worked under pressure? Name a time when you had to work in a team setting? Recall a time you had to handle an out rate customer?
    After 10-20 minutes on the phone she told me the process that would happen once she submitted me.
    I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you had to effectively problem-solve a situation with minimum resources?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in April 2014.

First I received an email from a recruiter on a Friday regarding interest in having a phone interview. I responded and had a phone interview the following day. The phone interview was pretty normal question that took about 15 minutes. He thought I would be a good fit to move forward for a face to face. He said I would receive an email from the people who set up time for face to face interviews. I did receive that the following day. That I scheduled my face to face with the manager snd supervisor of the call center. So the time linr went like this. Monday phone interview, Tuesday schedule gscr to face interview, Thursday face to face interview, Friday extended job offer and accepted. It two weeks to process my back ground and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me s time you had to settle a confrontation between two of your colleagues?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

My application was submitted online. I received an email requesting an interview be done via email in lieu of phone interview. I heard from HR one week late, where a review of my interview answers was conducted. I was offered a second interview on site. I received job offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deliver a difficult message to a coworker?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The background check is very stringent. Cigna checks employment history (start and end date), education, and criminal history. Overall I had an average experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Application and hiring process is completed on the computer mostly. (Except for the interview.) I applied through a job website, and received a phone call for a phone interview a week or so later. I was then asked to do a 2:1 (Interviewed with two managers.) interview a week later.

Then when I went to the interview, you waited for the manager to call your name. (Expect many others to be there too.) Allow yourself a good hour and a half for this process.

Received offer on the phone, and was told in a couple of days, I'd have to take a drug test and complete/pass a background chec to maintain the offer.

You'll need a computer and internet to complete the rest of on-boarding process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you may have over-looked a detail or details that may have created a problem for a customer, how did you figure out the issue, how did you resolve the issue, and what did you learn from the issue?   View Answer
    I received a call from an HR Manager giving me the salary rate. I accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in November 2011.

Applied online. Immediately got an invite for a phone interview which was scheduled 1 week away. Phone interview was pleasant but brief. Asked to come in for standard interview, was hired and started training about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I was offered more than I expected.