Cigna

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna.

Filled out application online, face to face interview, easy questions, nothing really stood out. Typical customer service experience was necessary. The shift hours are not really good. And the building was kind of difficult to find.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cigna in August 2014.

I applied for Cigna towards the end of July. A day or two after I completed and submitted the application, I received an email follow-up with some questions and a good time to schedule a phone interview. I never got an email back and days later I then continued to follow-up with the person. The day after that I received an email about her apologizing about her being late responding and told me to call ASAP. Once I called I done the phone interview right then and there! The recruiter wasn't pleasant for someone recruiting for a customer service associate position. She asked questions such as: Name a time when you worked under pressure? Name a time when you had to work in a team setting? Recall a time you had to handle an out rate customer?
    After 10-20 minutes on the phone she told me the process that would happen once she submitted me.
    I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you had to effectively problem-solve a situation with minimum resources?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in April 2014.

First I received an email from a recruiter on a Friday regarding interest in having a phone interview. I responded and had a phone interview the following day. The phone interview was pretty normal question that took about 15 minutes. He thought I would be a good fit to move forward for a face to face. He said I would receive an email from the people who set up time for face to face interviews. I did receive that the following day. That I scheduled my face to face with the manager snd supervisor of the call center. So the time linr went like this. Monday phone interview, Tuesday schedule gscr to face interview, Thursday face to face interview, Friday extended job offer and accepted. It two weeks to process my back ground and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me s time you had to settle a confrontation between two of your colleagues?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

My application was submitted online. I received an email requesting an interview be done via email in lieu of phone interview. I heard from HR one week late, where a review of my interview answers was conducted. I was offered a second interview on site. I received job offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deliver a difficult message to a coworker?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The background check is very stringent. Cigna checks employment history (start and end date), education, and criminal history. Overall I had an average experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Application and hiring process is completed on the computer mostly. (Except for the interview.) I applied through a job website, and received a phone call for a phone interview a week or so later. I was then asked to do a 2:1 (Interviewed with two managers.) interview a week later.

Then when I went to the interview, you waited for the manager to call your name. (Expect many others to be there too.) Allow yourself a good hour and a half for this process.

Received offer on the phone, and was told in a couple of days, I'd have to take a drug test and complete/pass a background chec to maintain the offer.

You'll need a computer and internet to complete the rest of on-boarding process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you may have over-looked a detail or details that may have created a problem for a customer, how did you figure out the issue, how did you resolve the issue, and what did you learn from the issue?   View Answer
    I received a call from an HR Manager giving me the salary rate. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bourbonnais, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bourbonnais, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna in July 2011.

Received a call from a recruiter who conducted a phone interview on the spot, and was then emailed information asking me to go to the work site for an interview. Interview was supposed to be 2:1 but the second person wasn't available. I was asked behavioral type interview questions, the interviewer wrote down the questions I asked at the end on the back of her interview sheet. I received an email 6 days later asking me to call regarding the status of my interview, and was offered the job after I called the number given to me.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous employer say is something you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer called and demanded to speak with a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in February 2009.

Interview process began with a phone interview conducted by an outside vendor. Questions were generic and very general to the job description, nothing of a very personal nature. You are told over the phone if they are willing to do the second interview in person on site. Email communication is sent for the time and location of the interview, done in the office you would be working in. Second interview is conducted by two members of management, asking questions about previous job experiences and going over basic corporate beliefs. No tour is given at the time, telephone contact is made for the offer later. Work environment is a call center, you must learn quickly and independently to be up to speed. Due to the nature of the work, not much interaction with coworkers or management on a continued basis - 85% of your time is on client calls. Office offers many amenities on-site, such as a cafeteria and small gym for employees as well as a nurse staffed clinic for minor medical emergencies.

Interview Questions
    Salary negotiation occured on the phone - negotiate high if you are experienced - median range is anywhere from 32 to 35K a year. Not sure if children should be mentioned during in person interview, single parents made more on average in.the office among those I knew. After discussing salaries among coworkers, I was paid less being college educated than single parents without degrees.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

asked and answered various questions

Interview Questions
    • are you willing to work flex schedule   View Answer
    • are you willing to work nights and weekends   View Answer