Cigna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview with recruiter. Was given a couple of available dates that they were available. Spoke for about 30 minutes on phone and answered usual questions from the recruiter. Person was very knowledgeable about the company and offered sound advice.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions. Why do you want to work here, experience, etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone screening three weeks before the start date. Next was a panel interview with 2-3 people, about 2 weeks before start date.Then, a recruiter called to discuss wages once the job was offered (wages are negotiable). The job actually began about 10 days after the wage was agreed on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a difficult descision to make, on the job or in life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

It was two one-on-one interview. About 15/20 minutes each. I heard back from them a couple days later and got offered a job. The questions were pretty straight forward. If you've had any sales experience or experience dealing with customers one-on-one, you'll probably get hired. The initial customer service role is mainly about handling customer calls.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Apply, recruiter will contact you (if you are a temp, you go through a temp agency first). You interview face to face with two supervisors (sometimes 1 supervisor and a manager). then they will say yes or no to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult situation you had to deal with   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cigna (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for Cigna towards the end of July. A day or two after I completed and submitted the application, I received an email follow-up with some questions and a good time to schedule a phone interview. I never got an email back and days later I then continued to follow-up with the person. The day after that I received an email about her apologizing about her being late responding and told me to call ASAP. Once I called I done the phone interview right then and there! The recruiter wasn't pleasant for someone recruiting for a customer service associate position. She asked questions such as: Name a time when you worked under pressure? Name a time when you had to work in a team setting? Recall a time you had to handle an out rate customer? After 10-20 minutes on the phone she told me the process that would happen once she submitted me. I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you had to effectively problem-solve a situation with minimum resources?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

Interview

asked and answered various questions

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work flex schedule   1 Answer
    • are you willing to work nights and weekends   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna (Bourbonnais, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter who conducted a phone interview on the spot, and was then emailed information asking me to go to the work site for an interview. Interview was supposed to be 2:1 but the second person wasn't available. I was asked behavioral type interview questions, the interviewer wrote down the questions I asked at the end on the back of her interview sheet. I received an email 6 days later asking me to call regarding the status of my interview, and was offered the job after I called the number given to me.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say is something you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer called and demanded to speak with a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Interview process began with a phone interview conducted by an outside vendor. Questions were generic and very general to the job description, nothing of a very personal nature. You are told over the phone if they are willing to do the second interview in person on site. Email communication is sent for the time and location of the interview, done in the office you would be working in. Second interview is conducted by two members of management, asking questions about previous job experiences and going over basic corporate beliefs. No tour is given at the time, telephone contact is made for the offer later. Work environment is a call center, you must learn quickly and independently to be up to speed. Due to the nature of the work, not much interaction with coworkers or management on a continued basis - 85% of your time is on client calls. Office offers many amenities on-site, such as a cafeteria and small gym for employees as well as a nurse staffed clinic for minor medical emergencies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary negotiation occured on the phone - negotiate high if you are experienced - median range is anywhere from 32 to 35K a year. Not sure if children should be mentioned during in person interview, single parents made more on average in.the office among those I knew. After discussing salaries among coworkers, I was paid less being college educated than single parents without degrees.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview

My application was submitted online. I received an email requesting an interview be done via email in lieu of phone interview. I heard from HR one week late, where a review of my interview answers was conducted. I was offered a second interview on site. I received job offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you deliver a difficult message to a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The background check is very stringent. Cigna checks employment history (start and end date), education, and criminal history. Overall I had an average experience.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

First I received an email from a recruiter on a Friday regarding interest in having a phone interview. I responded and had a phone interview the following day. The phone interview was pretty normal question that took about 15 minutes. He thought I would be a good fit to move forward for a face to face. He said I would receive an email from the people who set up time for face to face interviews. I did receive that the following day. That I scheduled my face to face with the manager snd supervisor of the call center. So the time linr went like this. Monday phone interview, Tuesday schedule gscr to face interview, Thursday face to face interview, Friday extended job offer and accepted. It two weeks to process my back ground and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me s time you had to settle a confrontation between two of your colleagues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation