Cigna

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Disability Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in March 2012.

First things first was the phone interview. There were a couple simple situational questions asked about how I reacted, and after that came the face-to-face interview. Scheduling of the face-to-face occurred within 24 hours of the phone interview, which I appreciated.

This involved a 10 minute discussion on the position with one person, and then a second joined and the behavioral part began. They fired off questions following a packet. The questions weren't overly difficult and involved a math problem, "tell me about a time when...", and one difficult question "who do you think is more likely to apply for long term disability: a male or female?".

The interviewers made it feel comfortable and non-threatening. Given all that I had heard previously about how difficult their interview process is, I felt that was a simple intellectual challenge. Just be prepared! Spend time thinking about previous situations in your career so that examples easily come to mind.

I haven't yet heard back from them (it's only been 2 days and they quoted up to 2 weeks), but I will update this review when I hear more.

Interview Questions
  • Who do you think is more likely to file a disability claim: a male or female?   View Answer
  • You decide a claim should not be paid, yet your supervisor tells you to pay the claim. What do you do?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Disablity Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in May 2010.

I received a call after 2weeks. Interview with a HR rep over the phone was okay, considering the fact that she was just reading off of a script. I was also very dissappointed with the group/panel interview. I felt the interviewers were inexperience and didn't bother to ask anything about me or my career

Disability Claim Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cigna.

I was contacted for a pre-screening interview, which went very well and I was immediately emailed a test to complete for further selection. This test was comprised of both logic reasoning and personality questions. I was then contacted within 24 hours from the initial phone call asking to attend an interview.
    The interview went well. The first interviewer explained the position and the vision of the company along with the perks of being employed there. This was an informal and friendly conversation.
    The second person to be on the interview panel was late to the interview as the first interviewer had decided to go ahead and begin my interview.
    Having previous experience I answered the interview questions knowledgeably and confidently. Many of the questions were standard interview questions, i.e. tell me about a time you and a co-worker did not get along, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were unable to solve a problem due to lack of time to complete your tasks and how you resolved it (handled it).   View Answer

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!