Cigna

198 candidate interviews

Health Services Senior Specialist - Dental Consultant Interview

Health Services Senior Specialist - Dental Consultant
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna in March 2014.

Interview Details – This position required the review of complex dental cases. I completed an application, submitted my C.V., and cover letter online. I was then phoned one week later for a telephone interview with their talent acquisition specialist. Was then phone interviewed for a second round by three different dental directors.

Interview Question – Cigna's job description stated they were seeking a high level, seasoned dental professional, a "shining star" with at least 10 years experience, primarily in private practice. During my phase one of the interview process, the talent acquisition specialist was very professional, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. During round two of the interview process: the first interviewer phoned me 1.5 hours early which was 7 a.m. my time zone, however, he apologized and then began to tell me that he was on his way to a meeting. He then stated my resume was impressive, therefore I was unprepared to be asked if I would be "bored' in this position. Second interviewer, asked the same question, and as this was a telework position, asked how I felt about this. Third interviewer spent the majority of the interview telling me that I was over-qualified, and began the interview by stating, "I gotta tell you, I'm really concerned by your qualifications" This experience told me that the interviewers had not reviewed the minimum qualifications for the position, because there was such a disconnect between the job description and their questions. Therefore I spent the majority of all three interviews defending my exemplary career, rather than promoting my experience that would be an asset to the position and the company. Two of the interviewers gave me the impression that they had very little background in interviewing potential candidates. The third candidate claimed they had my wrong phone number, apologized for being late to call, and then seemed perturbed throughout the entire interview. There were also the usual behavioral questions that were asked that seemed highly irrelevant to the requirements of the position, but I guess could possibly give insight to someone's emotional IQ. I rated the interview process below as being "very difficult" not because there were challenging questions asked, but that I felt in terms of morale, the third interviewer in particular seemed to have very little interviewing experience, and coupled with a phone interview experience, it was abysmal experience. I'm still scratching my head.   Answer Question

Business Project Senior Specialist Interview

Business Project Senior Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in November 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my resume out and got a call the next day to set up a phone interview. I was very excited. But the process itself was confusing. I was emailed a phone number with a special conference access code, which I thought was for the interview panel itself, but it turned out that I had to call that number myself for an interview. Because of that, it started 8 minutes later than scheduled after someone from the team emailed me and asked me if I was still available.

It was a miscommunication that didn't bode well.

I was interviewed by five different people over the phone, and it was the most difficult interview I had up to this point. I felt like I was in a shooting gallery as they shot their questions at me! It was good practice, and also made me realize I wasn't exactly a good fit for the team or company culture. One of the guys on the team was quite condescending when I asked him what a typical workday was there. Oh, there are no typical workdays! Okay, dude. I'm glad it keeps you on your toes! I did have a better rapport with a couple other people on the team, but I didn't think it would be the best fit for me.

Of course, they said they'd be in touch in about a week, but I didn't hear back from them. Typical. Not exactly a loss, as I realized that I wasn't comfortable working for that company, anyway.

Interview Question – What did you dislike most about a previous job? What did you dislike most about a previous instructor?   View Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview questions were impossible to answer and did not even reflect on my impeccable resume and experience. I was asked questions that did not apply to any work situation that I had ever been in, in my career type, and was asked questions that involved me having to talk about my personal life. Whole interview was humiliating and degrading would never even want to work for them now, even if I had gotten an offer.

TECDP Program Associate Interview

TECDP Program Associate
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in November 2010.

Interview Details – The TECDP Interview process is very intense to ensure they hire the best. The first round interview (done on campus) involved typical behavioral questions.

The 2nd round, which is on-site in CT, is a day long program done with all TECDP candidates present. It involves another behavioral interview, a group project, a presentation about yourself, a round-table discussion (not part of the interview decision), and a case study - all in front of at least 3 interviewers.

Each part is at least half an hour long (aside from the presentation, which is about 5 minutes), and are all extremely intense. You will feel worn out afterwards, but the experience was entirely worth it.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you experienced conflict in a project, and how you stood out to solve problems within the group.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – While the offer's salary was extremely attractive and the the program allows for amazing growth, you aren't guaranteed a position at the company once your 2-3 year program is complete. With the way the economy was, and another full-time offer elsewhere on the table, I didn't want to risk being unemployed after a few years.

Additionally, growing up in the Midwest, I am not a big fan of the Northeast, and I felt I simply would not enjoy living in CT.

TECDP Program Associate Interview

TECDP Program Associate
Eden Prairie, MN

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cigna in October 2011.

Interview Details – Everything about the CIGNA TEDCEP interview was great. It started with a presentation from somebody on my campus about their company and the TECDEP program. I emailed him, set up a phone interview, and was offered to come to Eden Prairie for their round 2 interview days. The first day began with some presentations about their company, a tour of the building, and a dinner where they split us up into tables of 6. 3 Cigna employees and 3 candidates. Do not underestimate the dinner (or any part of their interview for that matter). The dinner is part of the interview, and they will be expecting you to answer some of their questions, ask them some questions, and just in general, not act like a moron.

They then put us up in a nice hotel overnight, and the following morning we had the opportunity to head back over to their campus. The day consisted of a breakfast, lunch, and 4 'interviews' One was a one-on-one interview (very traditional), one was a presentation to about 6 Cigna employees about a school/internship project you've done, one was a technical case study based on what you told them you know (mine was in Java). Finally, there is a group project, where they just want to see that you can talk comfortably in a group, and come up with something halfway decent. It's an intense day, and as I said before, don't underestimate anything. It's deliberately intense to separate the great from the really great.

Overall, they seemed like a great place to work, and the TECDEP program seemed great.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I felt bad about having to decline their offer, but I received an offer from a different company that more closely matched my interests, so I accepted that instead.

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager
Pitts, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – I submitted my application at a Cigna job fair. I was contacted and had the initial interview face to face.
Nearly all questions were presented as , "tell me about a time when you..."
It was not a comfortable interview, since I was unprepared for such questions.
I must have done OK though... I was contacted and hired.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time in your career, when you were in a confrontational situation, and how you handled it"   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Greenville, SC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met at the University campus recruiting event. Had an interview the following week with two cigna representatives on campus. Then, one and a half months later got the email inviting me to HeadQuarters in Connecticut. Went to Connecticut in January, had dinner that night with a bunch of candidates and the Regional VPs of Cigna, as well as current Sales Reps. The next morning, had 3 one on one interviews with Regional VPS, and had a Simulation with a group of 4 other potential candidates. The simulation is basically testing your ability to sell against the other candidates. After leaving Headquarters, I received the offer a little over a week later (probably like 10 days).

Interview Question – You receive a document with information about a client looking for insurance. Then you receive infomation about the plan that you are supposed to push. You give a presentation for 4 minutes to all the VPs of why your plan is the best. Then you have to discuss with the other candidates who all have different plans and come to a consensus of which plan to go with. You want your plan to win.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate but I would imagine that you could. The pay was really good so I chose not to.

Lead Systems Analyst Interview

Lead Systems Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had a one on one with the HR manager and answered typical profile, background, and persoanlity questions. and some very high level role specific questions. There was an HR team involved and they took turns going around and asking me questions. It went well.
Then the next round was with the actual group that i was goingt o wrok with and they asked specific experience related questions and day-to-day responsibilities and what-if scenario questions.
They concluded by telling me the next steps - typical interview nothing out of the ordinary.

Claims Manager Team Lead Interview

Claims Manager Team Lead
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in November 2011.

Interview Details – I found out about the opportunity on Careerbuilder.com. I applied through their website for this position as well as a Claims Manager position. I was contacted about 1 week later by a Talent Recruiter for the company via the phone. She set up a phone interview with me for later in the day. The interview was a lot of questions regarding my ability to perform certain tasks as well as a walk through of my resume. The interview as behavioral. Next the Talent Recruiter described the job and what it involved. I was also informed that usually they hire from within but due to growth they were having to reach outside the company. She stated she would pass my information along to the hiring manager and I would be contacted if they were interested.

I was contacted 3 days later regarding setting up an in person interview at the location. It was scheduled for the following week. I went into the interview and was interviewed by 2 managers(Directors). The interview is a scripted situational/behavioral interview. They are looking for specific examples. Also have questions available to ask of them as well. The Talent Recruiter contacted me the next day with an update, stating they were interested and would make a decision in a few days.

I recieved the job offer 2 days later via phone from the Recruiter, and accepted.

The facility is fairly new(last 5 years), very nice. The dress of the employees is business casual(some had jeans or khakis on) I noticed an onsite cafeteria, not sure about what the work area looks like, but I know its a cubicle environment. I was very impressed by the description of the culture of the corporation, and can't wait to start.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to be in charge of a start up.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate, although I feel there was room for maybe 2-3k more in the offer. I don't have experience in the area, so I feel my raises will come. I would suggest you ask if you aren't offered within the market range, listed on this website, for the specific position. It has been right on for the offers that I have been recieving for various offers.

Long Term Disability Claim Manager Interview

Long Term Disability Claim Manager
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from a Cigna "talent recruiter", where we set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and included a few behavior questions. Overall it was fairly easy. I then had to take an online assessment which consisted of some problem solving questions, a personality test, and a call simulator test. This was fairly easy, but the problem solving questions can be tricky if you don't take them seriously. After these first two steps, I was scheduled for a face to face interview. It lasted no more than 40 minutes. This consisted mainly of behavioral questions. Main advice would be to nail down the STAR method before going in to interview.

Interview Question – What do you think you'll like least about this job?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!