Cigna

Getting the Interview

181 candidate interviews

Revenue Account Senior Associate Interview

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in April 2014.

Interview Details – So far only one interview for this position. Interview went well, no pressure or uncomfortable questions. At this point, they had several more to interview and it is too early to have received a response.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you felt awkward and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Good.

Interview Question – Stats were too high every phone call is different   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Health Services Senior Specialist - Dental Consultant Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna in March 2014.

Interview Details – This position required the review of complex dental cases. I completed an application, submitted my C.V., and cover letter online. I was then phoned one week later for a telephone interview with their talent acquisition specialist. Was then phone interviewed for a second round by three different dental directors.

Interview Question – Cigna's job description stated they were seeking a high level, seasoned dental professional, a "shining star" with at least 10 years experience, primarily in private practice. During my phase one of the interview process, the talent acquisition specialist was very professional, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. During round two of the interview process: the first interviewer phoned me 1.5 hours early which was 7 a.m. my time zone, however, he apologized and then began to tell me that he was on his way to a meeting. He then stated my resume was impressive, therefore I was unprepared to be asked if I would be "bored' in this position. Second interviewer, asked the same question, and as this was a telework position, asked how I felt about this. Third interviewer spent the majority of the interview telling me that I was over-qualified, and began the interview by stating, "I gotta tell you, I'm really concerned by your qualifications" This experience told me that the interviewers had not reviewed the minimum qualifications for the position, because there was such a disconnect between the job description and their questions. Therefore I spent the majority of all three interviews defending my exemplary career, rather than promoting my experience that would be an asset to the position and the company. Two of the interviewers gave me the impression that they had very little background in interviewing potential candidates. The third candidate claimed they had my wrong phone number, apologized for being late to call, and then seemed perturbed throughout the entire interview. There were also the usual behavioral questions that were asked that seemed highly irrelevant to the requirements of the position, but I guess could possibly give insight to someone's emotional IQ. I rated the interview process below as being "very difficult" not because there were challenging questions asked, but that I felt in terms of morale, the third interviewer in particular seemed to have very little interviewing experience, and coupled with a phone interview experience, it was abysmal experience. I'm still scratching my head.   Answer Question

Customer Support Tech Spec Interview

Philadelphia, PA

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter through an employment agency and was hired as a contractor, but advanced in my position, skill level and training and was hired as a full-time employee. Before I was hired as a consultant there was a relatively rigorous interview process including a one-on-one skills test, a personality test with two quality advocates, and finally meeting the manager of the team. I received a call within a week with the offer, got drug tested and began training.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions to be unexpected, they do ask technical questions just to see your skill level and ability to troubleshoot. I thought it was interesting because they had a computer set up to show them what you would do to troubleshoot customers.   View Answer

Actuarial Senior Specialist Interview

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with actuaries in different departments and at different levels, in addition to a lunch interview with a junior employee. Interviews are typically behavioral but can vary based on the discretion of the individual interviewer. The purpose of the interviews is to assess technical and analytical skills as well as communication ability and leadership ability.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

TECDP INTERN Interview

Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited by an employee. I had a conversation with the TECDP manager and then the direct manager with whom I'd work. They asked me about my interests to determine fit and department preference. The majority of the questions were behavioral in nature. Both of my interviews were over the phone. Be as clear as possible about your interests. In retrospect, I should've taken a position on the business side and not the tech side.

Interview Question – Why re you interested in this company? I was an English major, but was able to use my high school activities to justify my interest in tech   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details – 2 h ours with 4 people. Basically behavior questions and something related I did in the past.

Interview Question – Very common.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview Details – My application was submitted online. I received an email requesting an interview be done via email in lieu of phone interview. I heard from HR one week late, where a review of my interview answers was conducted. I was offered a second interview on site. I received job offer two days later.

Interview Question – How did you deliver a difficult message to a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The background check is very stringent. Cigna checks employment history (start and end date), education, and criminal history. Overall I had an average experience.

STD Claims Analyst Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contact by the recruiter within a week. I interviewed two weeks later. I trying contacting the recruiter a week later to find out my status and unfortunately never heard back from her.

Interview Question – Standard behavior type interview questions.   Answer Question

Cigna Intern - IT Program Interview

Bloomfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Submitted application, about a month later they got back to me and we had a phone interview

Interview Question – Asked a lot of situational/behavior questions - overcoming obstacles, telling people things they don't want to hear, difficult client, unique approach to a problem. Not much about my tech experience   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cigna

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Cigna Videos

Cigna – Why Work for Us?

More than just a health insurance company Cigna is a global health service company,dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. As a health care insurance provider… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna interview questions and advice. All 181 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees and interview candidates.