Cigna

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014
203 interviews

Care Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in July 2014.

I applied in May, and was contacted in early June by a recruiter, from there I was set up for a phone interview that lasted approx 30 min. My face to face interview has been scheduled will update after.

Financial Development Program Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cigna.

First you have a phone screen for about a half hour. After that it is a first interview with the director of the program and then a panel of three people in the program. If you make it past the first there is yet another round. Be aware they have no respect for your time and reschedule interviews with nothing more than a she cannot meet with you even when they know you are traveling from several states away.

Interview Questions
    • There were lots of tell me about a time when. They ask what you do not like about your job.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Cigna in January 2014.

30 min phone convo with hiring manager, asked basic questions, and then I got a phone call back saying I was invited back to their superday. This was a networking event at night and then the next morning it was a series of 3 different interviews, a presentation and a group project.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cigna in June 2014.

I submitted my application via Indeed and was emailed by an HR rep about 3-4 days later. Set up a face to face interview with 2 supervisors hiring in the area. Interview on 6-19-14 and was called back the following day. Starting next week. Whole process took about a week. If they want to hire you, you will know.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    Be confident and be prepared. All situational questions. Know about the position/company. That is all.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bedford, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in April 2014.

I had a telephone interview and an in person interview. The telephone interview was behavioral. I expected questions about the company and about my experience, but I got questions such as: (1) explain a time where you had to deal with a person you didn't like in the workplace. (2) Explain a time when you got overloaded in the workplace. (3) What are your salary requirements? (4) Describe how you find information when you need it. I was told the salary range for this position was in the $60,000s.

I also had an in person interview which was very informal. Mostly questions about my background and qualifications. I was seeking to transition from another field so a lot of the interview was about why I was dissatisfied with my current career and why I was looking for a change. The interviewer was nice enough, but I never heard anything after this time, even when I tried to follow up by phone and e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you got overloaded in the workplace. Describe how you find information when needed.   Answer Question

Acute Inpatient Behavioral Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Cigna recruiter contacted for a phone interview 3-days after applying and scheduled a face-to-face interview within the week. I met with 3 interviewers face-to-face with another on the phone. Typical questions were asked, such as why do you want to work here, tell me of a time when you did this or that. DSM type questions were also asked to assess clinical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of time when you disagreed with a supervisor? How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in May 2011.

was just questions about experience asking me about procedures and work experience that i had with my previous employers was really easy and very really good experience and i got the job

Case Manager/Social Worker Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cigna.

Initially contacted by a recruiter and did a phone interview. Then I was contacted by internal Cigna employee to schedule in-person interview. The process was straight forward, however, I was struck by how rudely one of the interviewers treated me. During the in-person interview, she was typing on her computer while I was speaking/in general didn't seem to be interested at all in what I was saying and didn't get up to shake my hand when I left the interview. I may not have been exactly what they were hoping for in a candidate, but to be treated like this was a no-no. I've been in interviews where I knew I wasn't as qualified as other candidates, but at least the interviewers had the decency to listen to what I had to say and to get up and shake my hand when I left the interview!! If this is how they treat a qualified candidate, how do they treat their employees??

Interview Questions
    • Typical question - If I were to call your supervisor what would they say is your greatest weakness/achievement?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cigna in December 2010.

Initial contact was with a recruiter after which point I was invited into the office to interview with my direct manager and an associate. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was contacted a week later to interview with the department head. Their interview was a bit more in depth but was shorter, just 20 minutes or so.

Interview Questions
    I may have been able to negotiate but I was unprepared and accepted the first offer.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Prepare yourself for multiple rounds of interviews. Peers, clients, supervisors, senior leaders are all included. I had 12 in total. I traveled to and from the company offices in Connecticut and Pennsylvania in order to complete the process. I believe there was a behavioral assessment as well. I just don't recall the specifics.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a business case run. However, I would describe the interviewing process as both behavioral and functional competency based. Nothing terribly difficult for a seasoned HR professional.   Answer Question
    They were open to negotiate.