Cigna Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter, and went through two series of phone interviews (one with the recruiter, and one with an HR rep). They asked simple questions about my previous experience Was asked to fly out to Nashville for in-person interviews but could not make it.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about my experience, what I like, and how I can apply my skills to the job.   1 Answer

Short Term Disability Claims Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in April 2015.

Interview

Painless 2 people in the interview and asked only behavioral questions. Tell me a time when you had to deal with a rude customer? Interviewers were really nice. I got a call back with an offer fairly quickly. Within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview with recruiter. Was given a couple of available dates that they were available. Spoke for about 30 minutes on phone and answered usual questions from the recruiter. Person was very knowledgeable about the company and offered sound advice.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions. Why do you want to work here, experience, etc.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cigna (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Filled out app receive a phone interview a week or two later, then got a face to face interview. It wasn't your typical scenario questions the two supervisor just asked random question trying to feel me out. I haven't received notice rather I got the job or not. I don't think I did they were a little worried I wouldn't be able to to adjust to sit down all day because at my current job I stand and move around all day

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna (Pitts, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application, online skills assessment (logic and math questions, personality assessment), phone interview with HR department (background information), in person interview with management (situation based questions, some math questions) , in person interview with a director, background check, drug test

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to give someone bad news at work   1 Answer

Underwriting Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Super day at their office, was about 2 panel interviews with 2 different senior analysts, a presentation, job shadow, and virtual training which wasn't really anything. We were in a group so they called us out per schedule. The interviewers were pretty standard with behavioral/analytical questions. I was a bit disappointed because the presentation seemed like the interviewers wanted something more laid back instead of something more serious.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls fit in a school bus?   1 Answer

Business Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Very slow through the Talent Consultant process and it was very frustrating. The online application process was fairly easy. However the job titles are extremely mis-leading. I passed over reviewing the job prior to apply because the title didn't seem to apply to me. Once opening the job I thought I would be perfect for the job and interviewing. The interviews were great, but the beginning stages with the Talent Consultant teams were very time consuming and delayed. The offer process was also very time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Do I have a problem with Ambiguity.   1 Answer

Short Term Disability Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very business like. No effort to make me feel comfortable during the 10 question behaviorial interview. The interviewer tried to be as intimidating as she could and made sure I knew that SHE was in charge. I don't scare easily so I smiled a lot and answered the questions.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell me about a time when.....' was how all 10 questions started.   1 Answer

UNDERWRITING SENIOR ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career site, was contacted couple weeks after to conduct a on campus interview with two staffs from the office. Got a email noting a final round interview at the office, the interview consisted of two rounds of 2 people interview, that consisted of behavioral questions and couple math questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Two individuals in the program conducted the phone interview. They talked about the program and gave you an opportunity to ask questions about it, and then they asked me to walk them through my resume and 3 additional few behavioral questions. The next steps are a Skype interview followed by an onsite in Bloomfield.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision, but it did not go as intended.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to walk a group through a complex task.   Answer Question
    • Why the operations leadership program?   Answer Question