Cigna Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a month after do to a phone interview. Very unexpected and on the spot but I did well. Then HR sent my number to the hiring manager who then contacted me for an in person interview. Panel interview with six questions. They let you go over them and then they begin. They look for very brief but concise answers. Was offered the job few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Supply-Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Applied through UConn's career site. Received a first interview on campus. Asked typical behavioral questions + why I was interested in Supply Chain Management. Received a call about a week after saying I would need to go for a second interview. Month or two goes by, they were slightly disorganized with scheduling, but after an email I set up a date for after christmas. Second interview was in bloomfield with two Director's. The interview was more of a conversation about your resume no actual questions. Just to see if they like you, and you have the computer skills (excel) that they're looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated 50 cents higher of a salary, could have probably gotten more but I gave in very easily.

Sales Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Brought in for an interview at a campus location, was asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as management experience questions, the next round of interviews was at the end of January, so it was a long process of interviewing and knowing if you made it or not.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions regarding management experience.
      Questions such as: What happened in a time you managed a group where group members disagreed with your choice? What makes you a great leader? What are effective ways you've managed people? Also had a few behavioral questions, but those are to be expected during any first round interview.

Answer Question

Underwriting Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

- First meeting was on college campus
    - Got an invitation to interview at the office about 2 weeks later
    - Interviews were very thorough and challenging but overall it was a great learning process
    - Lots of behavioral questions and a few math/analytical questions which I enjoyed
    - Waiting to hear about an offer but everything about the company seems fantastic

Interview Questions

• Math questions like a tip amount on a $45 bill at a restaurant...   Answer Question

Business Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. STAR style formatting. The Interviewer was very nice and informative about the position. They were very engaging and honest with the questions I had for them. They asked about salary expectations and why i made the decision to apply for that position

UNDERWRITING SENIOR ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked basic questions about what I knew about underwriting and Cigna. Also asked me some "what would I do if?" behaviorial questions and some mental math questions, too. The entire interview lasted around 30 minutes and I thought that I did well. I did not hear back from Cigna and I checked in with my interviewer to see if I made it to round #2 (an in-person interview)and she told me that I should hear back from Human Resources. 3 weeks later (5 weeks after my phone interview) I heard that I did not get the job.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Phone interview first. 5 days later gotta call for my second interview. The first interview asked about why i left previous job. Questions about my previous jobs that related to interviewing position. The phone interview was very pleasant. The interview was based in Maryland. I applied for Philly position.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a job recruiter, and within a week, a 1x1 face to face interview was scheduled with the hiring manager for the following week.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience where you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Market Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 30-minute phone screen with hiring manager. That was followed by an onsite interview with the manager and 3 peers. Each told me about their role on the team and what they envisioned for role for which they were hiring.

Interview Questions

• The team had been burned before by someone whose actual experience didn't live up to their claims. The manager asked me to look at some output of descriptive statistics from a quantitative study and describe what the output meant. One peer had me read a summary of focus group results and list pertinent highlights. Another peer asked me to role play a meeting with an internal client regarding their research project needs. It was a little intense, but perfectly reasonable for what the job required.   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

One was a phone interview and and another was a face to face--- both interviewers were pleasant. HR from PA calls first and then a manager from the office calls and schedules. Most people have 3 interviews with the last being a panel interview. This all happens in a two to three week time span.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, the application assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done.