Cigna Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview with recruiter. Was given a couple of available dates that they were available. Spoke for about 30 minutes on phone and answered usual questions from the recruiter. Person was very knowledgeable about the company and offered sound advice.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions. Why do you want to work here, experience, etc.   1 Answer

Underwriting Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Super day at their office, was about 2 panel interviews with 2 different senior analysts, a presentation, job shadow, and virtual training which wasn't really anything. We were in a group so they called us out per schedule. The interviewers were pretty standard with behavioral/analytical questions. I was a bit disappointed because the presentation seemed like the interviewers wanted something more laid back instead of something more serious.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls fit in a school bus?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Very slow through the Talent Consultant process and it was very frustrating. The online application process was fairly easy. However the job titles are extremely mis-leading. I passed over reviewing the job prior to apply because the title didn't seem to apply to me. Once opening the job I thought I would be perfect for the job and interviewing. The interviews were great, but the beginning stages with the Talent Consultant teams were very time consuming and delayed. The offer process was also very time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Do I have a problem with Ambiguity.   1 Answer

Short Term Disability Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very business like. No effort to make me feel comfortable during the 10 question behaviorial interview. The interviewer tried to be as intimidating as she could and made sure I knew that SHE was in charge. I don't scare easily so I smiled a lot and answered the questions.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell me about a time when.....' was how all 10 questions started.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a month after do to a phone interview. Very unexpected and on the spot but I did well. Then HR sent my number to the hiring manager who then contacted me for an in person interview. Panel interview with six questions. They let you go over them and then they begin. They look for very brief but concise answers. Was offered the job few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. I interviewed on a Wednesday and called in two days. The interviewer was very easy going, and he made me feel comfortable. He was very good at not letting me know that I got the job.

UNDERWRITING SENIOR ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career site, was contacted couple weeks after to conduct a on campus interview with two staffs from the office. Got a email noting a final round interview at the office, the interview consisted of two rounds of 2 people interview, that consisted of behavioral questions and couple math questions.

Short Term Disability Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter that did the phone screen (from Philadelphia) was nice and professional. The circumstances she described did not happen on site. The interviewer was 15 minutes late, left early and appeared disinterested. She was not prepared and though the recruiter said a case worker would join the interview, one was not introduced or present.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you exceeded expectations.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Two individuals in the program conducted the phone interview. They talked about the program and gave you an opportunity to ask questions about it, and then they asked me to walk them through my resume and 3 additional few behavioral questions. The next steps are a Skype interview followed by an onsite in Bloomfield.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision, but it did not go as intended.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to walk a group through a complex task.   Answer Question
    • Why the operations leadership program?   Answer Question

Supply-Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Applied through UConn's career site. Received a first interview on campus. Asked typical behavioral questions + why I was interested in Supply Chain Management. Received a call about a week after saying I would need to go for a second interview. Month or two goes by, they were slightly disorganized with scheduling, but after an email I set up a date for after christmas. Second interview was in bloomfield with two Director's. The interview was more of a conversation about your resume no actual questions. Just to see if they like you, and you have the computer skills (excel) that they're looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated 50 cents higher of a salary, could have probably gotten more but I gave in very easily.