Cigna

Updated Sep 14, 2014

Bilingual Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in May 2011.

was just questions about experience asking me about procedures and work experience that i had with my previous employers was really easy and very really good experience and i got the job

Case Manager/Social Worker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna.

Initially contacted by a recruiter and did a phone interview. Then I was contacted by internal Cigna employee to schedule in-person interview. The process was straight forward, however, I was struck by how rudely one of the interviewers treated me. During the in-person interview, she was typing on her computer while I was speaking/in general didn't seem to be interested at all in what I was saying and didn't get up to shake my hand when I left the interview. I may not have been exactly what they were hoping for in a candidate, but to be treated like this was a no-no. I've been in interviews where I knew I wasn't as qualified as other candidates, but at least the interviewers had the decency to listen to what I had to say and to get up and shake my hand when I left the interview!! If this is how they treat a qualified candidate, how do they treat their employees??

Interview Questions
    • Typical question - If I were to call your supervisor what would they say is your greatest weakness/achievement?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cigna in December 2010.

Initial contact was with a recruiter after which point I was invited into the office to interview with my direct manager and an associate. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was contacted a week later to interview with the department head. Their interview was a bit more in depth but was shorter, just 20 minutes or so.

Interview Questions
    I may have been able to negotiate but I was unprepared and accepted the first offer.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Prepare yourself for multiple rounds of interviews. Peers, clients, supervisors, senior leaders are all included. I had 12 in total. I traveled to and from the company offices in Connecticut and Pennsylvania in order to complete the process. I believe there was a behavioral assessment as well. I just don't recall the specifics.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a business case run. However, I would describe the interviewing process as both behavioral and functional competency based. Nothing terribly difficult for a seasoned HR professional.   Answer Question
    They were open to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in April 2014.

First I received an email from a recruiter on a Friday regarding interest in having a phone interview. I responded and had a phone interview the following day. The phone interview was pretty normal question that took about 15 minutes. He thought I would be a good fit to move forward for a face to face. He said I would receive an email from the people who set up time for face to face interviews. I did receive that the following day. That I scheduled my face to face with the manager snd supervisor of the call center. So the time linr went like this. Monday phone interview, Tuesday schedule gscr to face interview, Thursday face to face interview, Friday extended job offer and accepted. It two weeks to process my back ground and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me s time you had to settle a confrontation between two of your colleagues?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Revenue Account Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

So far only one interview for this position. Interview went well, no pressure or uncomfortable questions. At this point, they had several more to interview and it is too early to have received a response.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you felt awkward and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Health Services Senior Specialist - Dental Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna in March 2014.

This position required the review of complex dental cases. I completed an application, submitted my C.V., and cover letter online. I was then phoned one week later for a telephone interview with their talent acquisition specialist. Was then phone interviewed for a second round by three different dental directors.

Interview Questions
    • Cigna's job description stated they were seeking a high level, seasoned dental professional, a "shining star" with at least 10 years experience, primarily in private practice. During my phase one of the interview process, the talent acquisition specialist was very professional, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. During round two of the interview process: the first interviewer phoned me 1.5 hours early which was 7 a.m. my time zone, however, he apologized and then began to tell me that he was on his way to a meeting. He then stated my resume was impressive, therefore I was unprepared to be asked if I would be "bored' in this position. Second interviewer, asked the same question, and as this was a telework position, asked how I felt about this. Third interviewer spent the majority of the interview telling me that I was over-qualified, and began the interview by stating, "I gotta tell you, I'm really concerned by your qualifications" This experience told me that the interviewers had not reviewed the minimum qualifications for the position, because there was such a disconnect between the job description and their questions. Therefore I spent the majority of all three interviews defending my exemplary career, rather than promoting my experience that would be an asset to the position and the company. Two of the interviewers gave me the impression that they had very little background in interviewing potential candidates. The third candidate claimed they had my wrong phone number, apologized for being late to call, and then seemed perturbed throughout the entire interview. There were also the usual behavioral questions that were asked that seemed highly irrelevant to the requirements of the position, but I guess could possibly give insight to someone's emotional IQ. I rated the interview process below as being "very difficult" not because there were challenging questions asked, but that I felt in terms of morale, the third interviewer in particular seemed to have very little interviewing experience, and coupled with a phone interview experience, it was abysmal experience. I'm still scratching my head.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna.

Good.

Customer Support Tech Spec Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I was initially contacted by a recruiter through an employment agency and was hired as a contractor, but advanced in my position, skill level and training and was hired as a full-time employee. Before I was hired as a consultant there was a relatively rigorous interview process including a one-on-one skills test, a personality test with two quality advocates, and finally meeting the manager of the team. I received a call within a week with the offer, got drug tested and began training.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions to be unexpected, they do ask technical questions just to see your skill level and ability to troubleshoot. I thought it was interesting because they had a computer set up to show them what you would do to troubleshoot customers.   View Answer

Actuarial Senior Specialist Interview

Multiple interviews with actuaries in different departments and at different levels, in addition to a lunch interview with a junior employee. Interviews are typically behavioral but can vary based on the discretion of the individual interviewer. The purpose of the interviews is to assess technical and analytical skills as well as communication ability and leadership ability.