Cigna

Relevance Date Difficulty

STD Claims Analyst Interview

STD Claims Analyst
Plano, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contact by the recruiter within a week. I interviewed two weeks later. I trying contacting the recruiter a week later to find out my status and unfortunately never heard back from her.

Interview Question – Standard behavior type interview questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview Details – My application was submitted online. I received an email requesting an interview be done via email in lieu of phone interview. I heard from HR one week late, where a review of my interview answers was conducted. I was offered a second interview on site. I received job offer two days later.

Interview Question – How did you deliver a difficult message to a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The background check is very stringent. Cigna checks employment history (start and end date), education, and criminal history. Overall I had an average experience.

Cigna Intern - IT Program Interview

Cigna Intern - IT Program
Bloomfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Submitted application, about a month later they got back to me and we had a phone interview

Interview Question – Asked a lot of situational/behavior questions - overcoming obstacles, telling people things they don't want to hear, difficult client, unique approach to a problem. Not much about my tech experience   Answer Question

Associate: Rotational Development Program Interview

Associate: Rotational Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Had a 30-45 minute on-campus interview with two recruiters currently in the program. Questions were mainly behavioral. Make sure to research their departments and give solid answers for why you'd like to rotate through them. Overall, the recruiters were very nice, but the work didn't seem to be all that interesting to me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2012.

Interview Details – Want a lot of background and detailed explanations

Interview Question – How would you motivate people above you to do better   Answer Question

Technology Early Career Development Program (TECDP) Intern Interview

Technology Early Career Development Program (TECDP) Intern
Storrs, CT

Interview Details – It started as an on campus interview screening process. I met with two Cigna employees for a half hour block. They asked me mostly behavioral questions such as, "What experiences have you had working in a team?", "What challenges did you face while working with a team and how did you actively participate in overcoming those challenges". They didn't really inquire much about Computer Science related subjects as far as what has been your biggest/most complex assignment and explain the thought process you had while tackling it.

After that they contacted me directly with a program offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – I think I answered this in my overview of the Hiring/Interview process. Most of the questions were behavioral to see if the candidate would be a good fit for the program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating took place since it was my first internship offer

Very Difficult Interview

Business Project Senior Specialist Interview

Business Project Senior Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in November 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my resume out and got a call the next day to set up a phone interview. I was very excited. But the process itself was confusing. I was emailed a phone number with a special conference access code, which I thought was for the interview panel itself, but it turned out that I had to call that number myself for an interview. Because of that, it started 8 minutes later than scheduled after someone from the team emailed me and asked me if I was still available.

It was a miscommunication that didn't bode well.

I was interviewed by five different people over the phone, and it was the most difficult interview I had up to this point. I felt like I was in a shooting gallery as they shot their questions at me! It was good practice, and also made me realize I wasn't exactly a good fit for the team or company culture. One of the guys on the team was quite condescending when I asked him what a typical workday was there. Oh, there are no typical workdays! Okay, dude. I'm glad it keeps you on your toes! I did have a better rapport with a couple other people on the team, but I didn't think it would be the best fit for me.

Of course, they said they'd be in touch in about a week, but I didn't hear back from them. Typical. Not exactly a loss, as I realized that I wasn't comfortable working for that company, anyway.

Interview Question – What did you dislike most about a previous job? What did you dislike most about a previous instructor?   View Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in June 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and had a reference from an employee. I got a call back with a quick 20 minute screening, and was then sent to a face-to-face interview. Interview was with two managers for that position and asked several behavioral type question. "Tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Question – The "tell me about a time" questions are tough. You really need to think about specific examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I think there was more room for me to discuss salary increases, but I just graduated college and was just happy to get an offer.

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 4 stage interview all in one day. You will meet with 2 senior underwriters, then 2 separate panels of underwriters at that location. Typical interview questions, but be ready for the problem solving and analytical questions. The only downside was you will not be compensated for traveling expenses to come to the interview.

Interview Question – how many golf balls fit in a school bus? (not numerical, rather problem solving and seeing how detailed you will answer)

You have a 3 gallon bucket and a 5 gallon bucket. You need to get exactly 4 gallons of water in the 5 gallon bucket by only using the two buckets given. How do you do this?
  Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Long and boring. They bring you in and talk for maybe an hour and talk the position up but in the end its a dead end.

Interview Question – Everything seemed normal just about   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a drug test and that was it. No room for any talks or anything.