Cigna

Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Senior Specialist Interview

Actuarial Senior Specialist

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with actuaries in different departments and at different levels, in addition to a lunch interview with a junior employee. Interviews are typically behavioral but can vary based on the discretion of the individual interviewer. The purpose of the interviews is to assess technical and analytical skills as well as communication ability and leadership ability.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details – 2 h ours with 4 people. Basically behavior questions and something related I did in the past.

Interview Question – Very common.   Answer Question

TECDP Intern Interview

TECDP Intern
Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited by an employee. I had a conversation with the TECDP manager and then the direct manager with whom I'd work. They asked me about my interests to determine fit and department preference. The majority of the questions were behavioral in nature. Both of my interviews were over the phone. Be as clear as possible about your interests. In retrospect, I should've taken a position on the business side and not the tech side.

Interview Question – Why re you interested in this company? I was an English major, but was able to use my high school activities to justify my interest in tech   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Claims Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interview questions, panel style interview. Took about an hour long. Everyone was very nice, but asked a lot of behavioral questions that really will make you think. This is an interview that you must prepare for. They will also ask a percentage math questions, such as what is 60% of 300 or something along those lines.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the company. Do your research   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still in the background check phase. The background check is so stringent. The company they use to conduct the background check digs really really deep. It's like you're applying for a job in the CIA or FBI.

STD Claims Analyst Interview

STD Claims Analyst
Plano, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contact by the recruiter within a week. I interviewed two weeks later. I trying contacting the recruiter a week later to find out my status and unfortunately never heard back from her.

Interview Question – Standard behavior type interview questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview Details – My application was submitted online. I received an email requesting an interview be done via email in lieu of phone interview. I heard from HR one week late, where a review of my interview answers was conducted. I was offered a second interview on site. I received job offer two days later.

Interview Question – How did you deliver a difficult message to a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The background check is very stringent. Cigna checks employment history (start and end date), education, and criminal history. Overall I had an average experience.

Cigna Intern - IT Program Interview

Cigna Intern - IT Program
Bloomfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Submitted application, about a month later they got back to me and we had a phone interview

Interview Question – Asked a lot of situational/behavior questions - overcoming obstacles, telling people things they don't want to hear, difficult client, unique approach to a problem. Not much about my tech experience   Answer Question

Associate: Rotational Development Program Interview

Associate: Rotational Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details – Had a 30-45 minute on-campus interview with two recruiters currently in the program. Questions were mainly behavioral. Make sure to research their departments and give solid answers for why you'd like to rotate through them. Overall, the recruiters were very nice, but the work didn't seem to be all that interesting to me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2012.

Interview Details – Want a lot of background and detailed explanations

Interview Question – How would you motivate people above you to do better   Answer Question

Technology Early Career Development Program (TECDP) Intern Interview

Technology Early Career Development Program (TECDP) Intern
Storrs, CT

Interview Details – It started as an on campus interview screening process. I met with two Cigna employees for a half hour block. They asked me mostly behavioral questions such as, "What experiences have you had working in a team?", "What challenges did you face while working with a team and how did you actively participate in overcoming those challenges". They didn't really inquire much about Computer Science related subjects as far as what has been your biggest/most complex assignment and explain the thought process you had while tackling it.

After that they contacted me directly with a program offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – I think I answered this in my overview of the Hiring/Interview process. Most of the questions were behavioral to see if the candidate would be a good fit for the program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating took place since it was my first internship offer