Cigna

Updated Sep 14, 2014

TECDP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in September 2011.

I was invited by an employee. I had a conversation with the TECDP manager and then the direct manager with whom I'd work. They asked me about my interests to determine fit and department preference. The majority of the questions were behavioral in nature. Both of my interviews were over the phone. Be as clear as possible about your interests. In retrospect, I should've taken a position on the business side and not the tech side.

Interview Questions
    • Why re you interested in this company? I was an English major, but was able to use my high school activities to justify my interest in tech   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Behavioral based interview questions, panel style interview. Took about an hour long. Everyone was very nice, but asked a lot of behavioral questions that really will make you think. This is an interview that you must prepare for. They will also ask a percentage math questions, such as what is 60% of 300 or something along those lines.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about the company. Do your research   Answer Question
    Still in the background check phase. The background check is so stringent. The company they use to conduct the background check digs really really deep. It's like you're applying for a job in the CIA or FBI.

STD Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in July 2013.

I applied online and was contact by the recruiter within a week. I interviewed two weeks later. I trying contacting the recruiter a week later to find out my status and unfortunately never heard back from her.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

My application was submitted online. I received an email requesting an interview be done via email in lieu of phone interview. I heard from HR one week late, where a review of my interview answers was conducted. I was offered a second interview on site. I received job offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deliver a difficult message to a coworker?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The background check is very stringent. Cigna checks employment history (start and end date), education, and criminal history. Overall I had an average experience.

Cigna Intern - IT Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Submitted application, about a month later they got back to me and we had a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of situational/behavior questions - overcoming obstacles, telling people things they don't want to hear, difficult client, unique approach to a problem. Not much about my tech experience   Answer Question

Associate: Rotational Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Had a 30-45 minute on-campus interview with two recruiters currently in the program. Questions were mainly behavioral. Make sure to research their departments and give solid answers for why you'd like to rotate through them. Overall, the recruiters were very nice, but the work didn't seem to be all that interesting to me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2012.

Want a lot of background and detailed explanations

Technology Early Career Development Program (TECDP) Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Storrs, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

It started as an on campus interview screening process. I met with two Cigna employees for a half hour block. They asked me mostly behavioral questions such as, "What experiences have you had working in a team?", "What challenges did you face while working with a team and how did you actively participate in overcoming those challenges". They didn't really inquire much about Computer Science related subjects as far as what has been your biggest/most complex assignment and explain the thought process you had while tackling it.

After that they contacted me directly with a program offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I think I answered this in my overview of the Hiring/Interview process. Most of the questions were behavioral to see if the candidate would be a good fit for the program.   Answer Question
    No negotiating took place since it was my first internship offer

Business Project Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Cigna in November 2013.

Sent my resume out and got a call the next day to set up a phone interview. I was very excited. But the process itself was confusing. I was emailed a phone number with a special conference access code, which I thought was for the interview panel itself, but it turned out that I had to call that number myself for an interview. Because of that, it started 8 minutes later than scheduled after someone from the team emailed me and asked me if I was still available.

It was a miscommunication that didn't bode well.

I was interviewed by five different people over the phone, and it was the most difficult interview I had up to this point. I felt like I was in a shooting gallery as they shot their questions at me! It was good practice, and also made me realize I wasn't exactly a good fit for the team or company culture. One of the guys on the team was quite condescending when I asked him what a typical workday was there. Oh, there are no typical workdays! Okay, dude. I'm glad it keeps you on your toes! I did have a better rapport with a couple other people on the team, but I didn't think it would be the best fit for me.

Of course, they said they'd be in touch in about a week, but I didn't hear back from them. Typical. Not exactly a loss, as I realized that I wasn't comfortable working for that company, anyway.

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike most about a previous job? What did you dislike most about a previous instructor?   View Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in June 2010.

I filled out an application online and had a reference from an employee. I got a call back with a quick 20 minute screening, and was then sent to a face-to-face interview. Interview was with two managers for that position and asked several behavioral type question. "Tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions
    • The "tell me about a time" questions are tough. You really need to think about specific examples.   Answer Question
    I think there was more room for me to discuss salary increases, but I just graduated college and was just happy to get an offer.