Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cigna
- Customer Service Representative (16)
- Underwriter (10)
- Actuarial (8)
- Sales Representative (8)
- TECDP Program Associate (8)
- Actuarial Intern (7)
- Actuarial Analyst (6)
- Account Manager (6)
- Claims Manager (5)
- Claims Processor (5)
- Customer Service Associate (5)
- RN Case Manager (4)
- TECDP (4)
- UNDERWRITING SENIOR ASSOCIATE (4)
- Financial Development Program (4)
- TECDP Intern (4)
- Business Project Specialist (3)
- Short Term Disability Claims Manager (3)
- Managed Care Rotational Program (3)
- Long Term Disability Claim Manager (2)
- Sales Academy (2)
- LTD Claim Manager (2)
- Manager (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Service Leadership Program (2)
- Care Senior Associate (2)
- Business Project Manager (2)
- Care Associate (2)
- Health Educator (2)
- Application Developer (2)
Long Term Disability Claim Manager Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks – interviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in February 2013.
Received a call from a Cigna "talent recruiter", where we set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and included a few behavior questions. Overall it was fairly easy. I then had to take an online assessment which consisted of some problem solving questions, a personality test, and a call simulator test. This was fairly easy, but the problem solving questions can be tricky if you don't take them seriously. After these first two steps, I was scheduled for a face to face interview. It lasted no more than 40 minutes. This consisted mainly of behavioral questions. Main advice would be to nail down the STAR method before going in to interview.
- What do you think you'll like least about this job? 2 Answers
Other Interview Reviews for Cigna
Long Term Disability Claim Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2012.
Applied at Cigna website. Received email was told to call the recruiter if still interested in position. Called recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. After phone interview I was scheduled for a personal interview. Both phone and first interview consisted of the STAR method. Second interview was with Director...tell me about yourself/resume.
- First question was a math problem. 70% of 300? 1 Answer
- Who is more often to file a claim...a 25 yr. old male or female and why? 1 Answer
- Tell me a time when a project was above my technical experience?
Tell me a time a idea or solution didn't work? 1 Answer
- Tell me a time when I had to be a mediator between two co-workers and the outcome?
Tell me a time I went against a co-workers advice? 1 Answer
- Tell me a time when I finished a project or task that no one else could complete?
Tell me a time when I implemented a new procedure or process? 1 Answer
Long Term Disability Claims Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in November 2011.
I attended a hiring event at Cigna in Plano. Approximately 200 people showed up and Cigna was only hiring 30 people. The process was very organized. The interview only lasted 15 minutes and the questions were situational. The job fair was Sat and I got an email the following Tuesday scheduling me for a 2nd interview with a manager and a director. Once again the questions were situational (describe a time when you had an idea that didn't work). This interview lasted about 45 min total. The following Friday I got a call with the offer.
I didn't negotiate because they offered me the high end of market rate.