Cigna Long Term Disability Claim Manager Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Underwriter (8)
- Sales Representative (8)
- Customer Service Representative (7)
- Actuarial Intern (7)
- TECDP Program Associate (6)
- Actuarial Analyst (5)
- Account Manager (5)
- Claims Processor (4)
- TECDP Intern (4)
- RN Case Manager (3)
- Customer Service Associate (3)
- Director (2)
- Manager (2)
- CSA (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Claim Manager (2)
- Claims Manager (2)
- Actuarial (2)
- Application Developer (2)
- Health Educator (2)
- Care Senior Associate (2)
- Service Leadership Program (2)
- Care Associate (2)
- Short Term Disability Claims Manager (2)
- Long Term Disability Claim Manager (2)
- Technology Leadership Development Program (1)
- Claim Manager III (1)
- AEDP Intern (1)
- Family Medical Leave Manager (1)
- Compliance Specialist - Pharmacy (1)
Long Term Disability Claim Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cigna in February 2013.
Interview Details – Received a call from a Cigna "talent recruiter", where we set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and included a few behavior questions. Overall it was fairly easy. I then had to take an online assessment which consisted of some problem solving questions, a personality test, and a call simulator test. This was fairly easy, but the problem solving questions can be tricky if you don't take them seriously. After these first two steps, I was scheduled for a face to face interview. It lasted no more than 40 minutes. This consisted mainly of behavioral questions. Main advice would be to nail down the STAR method before going in to interview.
Interview Question – What do you think you'll like least about this job? View Answers (2)
Long Term Disability Claim Manager Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cigna in July 2012.
Interview Details – Applied at Cigna website. Received email was told to call the recruiter if still interested in position. Called recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. After phone interview I was scheduled for a personal interview. Both phone and first interview consisted of the STAR method. Second interview was with Director...tell me about yourself/resume.
- First question was a math problem. 70% of 300? View Answer
- Who is more often to file a claim...a 25 yr. old male or female and why? View Answer
- Tell me a time when a project was above my technical experience?
Tell me a time a idea or solution didn't work? View Answer
- Tell me a time when I had to be a mediator between two co-workers and the outcome?
Tell me a time I went against a co-workers advice? View Answer
- Tell me a time when I finished a project or task that no one else could complete?
Tell me a time when I implemented a new procedure or process? View Answer
Long Term Disability Claims Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in November 2011.
Interview Details – I attended a hiring event at Cigna in Plano. Approximately 200 people showed up and Cigna was only hiring 30 people. The process was very organized. The interview only lasted 15 minutes and the questions were situational. The job fair was Sat and I got an email the following Tuesday scheduling me for a 2nd interview with a manager and a director. Once again the questions were situational (describe a time when you had an idea that didn't work). This interview lasted about 45 min total. The following Friday I got a call with the offer.
- Describe a time you implemented an idea at work and it didn't work. Answer Question
- Describe a time that you went against the advice of your co-workers (I don't remember exact wording) How did it turn out? Answer Question
Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because they offered me the high end of market rate.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cigna