Cigna

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details – I submitted my job application via school's job posting site. And, I got an opportunity to speak with the recruiter on the campus. The recruiter asked mostly basic questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "Why do you want to work at Cigna". There were no difficult questions.

Interview Question – Are you willing to take positions other than sales?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cigna in October 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview from meeting the recruiter and alumni at my college career fair. 2 weeks after the career fair was asked to come into the school career center for an on campus interview. I was interviewed by the Regional VP of Sales and the recruiter I met at the career fair. Standard walk through of resume- type of questions.

Interview Questions

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in August 2011.

Interview Details – It is a slow process. They are not in any hurry to fill a position, but who can blame them there is a pile of talent to choose from. They sort through the 100's of applicants they receive each day. which is a catch 22. they have so many applicants to review they are not able to provide feedback. Good luck in the search.

Interview Question – So, tell me about yourself?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in September 2010.

Interview Details – A lot of the questions were behavioral:

1) Tell me about yourself?
2) Describe a time when you were assertive.
3) Why CIGNA?
4) Why you?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to confront someone and be assertive. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Greenville, SC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met at the University campus recruiting event. Had an interview the following week with two cigna representatives on campus. Then, one and a half months later got the email inviting me to HeadQuarters in Connecticut. Went to Connecticut in January, had dinner that night with a bunch of candidates and the Regional VPs of Cigna, as well as current Sales Reps. The next morning, had 3 one on one interviews with Regional VPS, and had a Simulation with a group of 4 other potential candidates. The simulation is basically testing your ability to sell against the other candidates. After leaving Headquarters, I received the offer a little over a week later (probably like 10 days).

Interview Question – You receive a document with information about a client looking for insurance. Then you receive infomation about the plan that you are supposed to push. You give a presentation for 4 minutes to all the VPs of why your plan is the best. Then you have to discuss with the other candidates who all have different plans and come to a consensus of which plan to go with. You want your plan to win.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate but I would imagine that you could. The pay was really good so I chose not to.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in February 2008.

Interview Details – Very long process. Definitely one of the most intense interviews I have ever had. We were flown out to Pennsylvania for a dinner, then the next day began an 8 hour day of interviewing. There was a group discussion/presentation with some of the other applicants, then 4 separate 1:1 interviews. Also group question and answer. Overall very long and hard.

Interview Question – We had to decide which insurance company to recomment to a customer. Each of us had one and we had to discuss in as group of 3 which one we should recommend based on the customer's needs.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I chose to stay in Chicago.

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met a representative at my college and had an interview. I was then sent to a group interview where we had 1 on 1 interviews, as well as a mock presentation and negotiation. The process was very thorough and they definitely test to make sure you're a good fit.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cigna

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Cigna Videos

Cigna – Why Work for Us?

More than just a health insurance company Cigna is a global health service company,dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. As a health care insurance provider… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees and interview candidates.