Cigna

Updated Jun 23, 2014

3.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cigna in January 2014.

30 min phone convo with hiring manager, asked basic questions, and then I got a phone call back saying I was invited back to their superday. This was a networking event at night and then the next morning it was a series of 3 different interviews, a presentation and a group project.

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Sales Representative Interview

I submitted my job application via school's job posting site. And, I got an opportunity to speak with the recruiter on the campus. The recruiter asked mostly basic questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "Why do you want to work at Cigna". There were no difficult questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cigna in October 2011.

Got the interview from meeting the recruiter and alumni at my college career fair. 2 weeks after the career fair was asked to come into the school career center for an on campus interview. I was interviewed by the Regional VP of Sales and the recruiter I met at the career fair. Standard walk through of resume- type of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in August 2011.

It is a slow process. They are not in any hurry to fill a position, but who can blame them there is a pile of talent to choose from. They sort through the 100's of applicants they receive each day. which is a catch 22. they have so many applicants to review they are not able to provide feedback. Good luck in the search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in September 2010.

A lot of the questions were behavioral:

1) Tell me about yourself?
    2) Describe a time when you were assertive.
    3) Why CIGNA?
    4) Why you?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to confront someone and be assertive. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

Met at the University campus recruiting event. Had an interview the following week with two cigna representatives on campus. Then, one and a half months later got the email inviting me to HeadQuarters in Connecticut. Went to Connecticut in January, had dinner that night with a bunch of candidates and the Regional VPs of Cigna, as well as current Sales Reps. The next morning, had 3 one on one interviews with Regional VPS, and had a Simulation with a group of 4 other potential candidates. The simulation is basically testing your ability to sell against the other candidates. After leaving Headquarters, I received the offer a little over a week later (probably like 10 days).

Interview Questions
    • You receive a document with information about a client looking for insurance. Then you receive infomation about the plan that you are supposed to push. You give a presentation for 4 minutes to all the VPs of why your plan is the best. Then you have to discuss with the other candidates who all have different plans and come to a consensus of which plan to go with. You want your plan to win.   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate but I would imagine that you could. The pay was really good so I chose not to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in February 2008.

Very long process. Definitely one of the most intense interviews I have ever had. We were flown out to Pennsylvania for a dinner, then the next day began an 8 hour day of interviewing. There was a group discussion/presentation with some of the other applicants, then 4 separate 1:1 interviews. Also group question and answer. Overall very long and hard.

Interview Questions
    • We had to decide which insurance company to recomment to a customer. Each of us had one and we had to discuss in as group of 3 which one we should recommend based on the customer's needs.   View Answer

I chose to stay in Chicago.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in January 2010.

Met a representative at my college and had an interview. I was then sent to a group interview where we had 1 on 1 interviews, as well as a mock presentation and negotiation. The process was very thorough and they definitely test to make sure you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!