Cigna Short Term Disability Claims Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2015

3.5

Short Term Disability Claim Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online & over the weekend (very odd) was contacted by a recruiter to take the online assessment within 48 hours. I then was contacted for a phone screening with the recruiter which was intimidating to say the least. First, she was nearly 10 minutes late in calling me & she didn't make me feel comfortable like most HR people do (or should, my sister is in HR & thought this was very weird). She attempted to make me feel like I was being evasive because I wouldn't give her my specific salary(I gave a range). She asked me directly "what are you currently making?" which I've never been asked before. I understand asking "what do you expect to make?" but not about current salary. The expected salary question I already answered in the job submission yet she asked it again in the phone screening. I knew in my gut that this wasn't the right job or company but decided to go on the onsite interview for the experience. To no surprise, it was similar. Was asked to get there 15 minutes early (like you should anyway) & the interviewer was almost 10 minutes late in addition to that. When she did come out to greet me, it was "this must be my candidate"..really? I have a name. She even made a comment about how she used to work for the company that I currently work for & proceeded to tell me "oh they always have lay offs." She'd barely looked at my resume because she asked me if I was currently working..can you not read the dates? She also commented on how she she'd done interviews all day..really I don't need to know that. Overall, the whole experience was a bit weird & unprofessional in my opinion. I haven't heard back yet but don't anticipate getting an offer. This is not the right place for me.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions--yet they were unlike any type of behavioral ones I'd ever been asked before. I can't even remember. :(   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter that did the phone screen (from Philadelphia) was nice and professional. The circumstances she described did not happen on site. The interviewer was 15 minutes late, left early and appeared disinterested. She was not prepared and though the recruiter said a case worker would join the interview, one was not introduced or present.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you exceeded expectations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call and did a telephone interview the next day. I then had to pass an online assessment and was scheduled for an interview. The interviewers were very nice and informative. They made me feel very at ease and made me laugh several times.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to complete a project no one else could. Tell me about a time when you had to team up with another department for a project. What would your last supervisor say is an area you need to work on.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview- 15 mins.. behavioral questions mostly. Pre employment test- Online exam Face to face- 4 people asking questions. Behavioral ones.