Cigna TECDP Program Associate Interview Questions

3.4

TECDP Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

Interview

First round of interviews on campus - second round at one of their offices. They put you up in a hotel, you get a nice dinner out of it. 4 different sessions for the second interview - group activity, one on one interview, case study on something you select (e.g. java, .net, sql) and a pre-prepared presentation on a project you've worked on. Not an exceptionally difficult interview, actually a pretty fun experience.

Interview Questions

• One of the one on one questions asked about a time when you set 'stretch-goals' and recevied reporting feedback from whomever you set the goals for. (leadership position type question)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

TECDP Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna in October 2014.

Interview

Two Phases. Phase one: Initial interview either on phone or at a location. Phase two: Day long interview at their corporate headquarters, will fly you in from anywhere. Four types of interviews you have throughout the day, behavioral, technical, presentation, group activity (ours was building a tower with spaghetti and marshmallows).

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

The TECDP interview process is very intense, it is a two day event that consists of behavrial interview, group projects, and an interview. The final and most important part of the interview is the case study which is surrounding the foundations of the company, and problem solving. My suggestion is to try to gain a better understanding of third party payors in healthcare, and the process of billing insurance.

Interview Questions

• What was a negitive moment in your life (professionally or personally) that you turned into a positive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Denver, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

They came to the university to hire for the TECDP program. It starts with a telephonic behavioral round, which is pretty easy. Then they call you for a 2nd round of interview which lasts for 2 days. This involves many aspects, like 1:1, presentation, skills test. I think its easy to crack if you jest be yourself. Confidence and team player is what they looking for. The experience was great overall/

Interview Questions

• I think the presentation is the tough part.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

Everything about the CIGNA TEDCEP interview was great. It started with a presentation from somebody on my campus about their company and the TECDEP program. I emailed him, set up a phone interview, and was offered to come to Eden Prairie for their round 2 interview days. The first day began with some presentations about their company, a tour of the building, and a dinner where they split us up into tables of 6. 3 Cigna employees and 3 candidates. Do not underestimate the dinner (or any part of their interview for that matter). The dinner is part of the interview, and they will be expecting you to answer some of their questions, ask them some questions, and just in general, not act like a moron. They then put us up in a nice hotel overnight, and the following morning we had the opportunity to head back over to their campus. The day consisted of a breakfast, lunch, and 4 'interviews' One was a one-on-one interview (very traditional), one was a presentation to about 6 Cigna employees about a school/internship project you've done, one was a technical case study based on what you told them you know (mine was in Java). Finally, there is a group project, where they just want to see that you can talk comfortably in a group, and come up with something halfway decent. It's an intense day, and as I said before, don't underestimate anything. It's deliberately intense to separate the great from the really great. Overall, they seemed like a great place to work, and the TECDEP program seemed great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you beat the odds.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you had more on your plate than you could handle.   Answer Question

I felt bad about having to decline their offer, but I received an offer from a different company that more closely matched my interests, so I accepted that instead.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2010.

Interview

The TECDP Interview process is very intense to ensure they hire the best. The first round interview (done on campus) involved typical behavioral questions. The 2nd round, which is on-site in CT, is a day long program done with all TECDP candidates present. It involves another behavioral interview, a group project, a presentation about yourself, a round-table discussion (not part of the interview decision), and a case study - all in front of at least 3 interviewers. Each part is at least half an hour long (aside from the presentation, which is about 5 minutes), and are all extremely intense. You will feel worn out afterwards, but the experience was entirely worth it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you experienced conflict in a project, and how you stood out to solve problems within the group.   Answer Question

While the offer's salary was extremely attractive and the the program allows for amazing growth, you aren't guaranteed a position at the company once your 2-3 year program is complete. With the way the economy was, and another full-time offer elsewhere on the table, I didn't want to risk being unemployed after a few years. Additionally, growing up in the Midwest, I am not a big fan of the Northeast, and I felt I simply would not enjoy living in CT.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in October 2009.

Interview

phone interview consisted of behavioral questions relating to teamwork, time managment and conflict. If you do well, you will be asked to visit the company for a 2 day interview process.

Interview Questions

• how do you manage tasks when you dont have enough time   Answer Question

TECDP Program Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2010.

Interview

very helpful answered any questions both interviews were behavior based interviews and asked many simple questions.