Cigna

Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Filled out an application online. Was contacted in about a week by phone. Was asked about my availability, why i was interested in the position, and if i was looking for full time work. Was told she would share my information with the hiring manager and would contact me if she wanted to move forward. About a week after that i was contacted to schedule an interview. Note that since the recruiter is not local they will not know exactly how things are at a certain location. I was told to go to the security desk, show my id, and tell them i had an appointment with the underwriting specialist. When i arrived there, there wasn't a security desk and not alot of insight of where to go. I thought i was going to miss the interview but luckily a young lady assisted me with finding my way. The recruiter stated i was going to have two separate interviews with the director and specialist. I ended up having one interview with three managers all together. First they introduced themselves, told their roles and how long they had been with the company. Then asked me to tell them about myself and go through my resume. I was asked questions about excel (what functions ive used), when was a time i had to make decisions as i went along, how would i think decisions are made to determine risks, how did i think they determined risk in an employer setting. Described the position and asked what exactly i felt would give me trouble about the position. Overall, it was a good experience. My interview was today so I'm not sure if i will get an offer or not so I answered no offer. I just wanted to get my review out to fellow interviewers while it was fresh on my mind!

Interview Questions
  • If I sale a product for $100 and 10% sales tax is included how much would it cost   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

I was at their office for their final interview, which consists of a presentation and 2 rounds of interview. First thing I notice is that the entire office does not have a single minority male. It seems like hiring some old minority females will fill more of their diversity/protected class quotas more efficiently. They asked basic behavioral questions and some analytical questions. They will ask simple arithmetic questions and some slightly harder analytical questions. I got all the analytical questions correct. Apparently, hardly anyone get some of the analytical questions correct. Which led me to believe I would have an advantage since I got the questions right. No offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

I had two phone interviews before I was asked to come in to the office and speak to a three seperate managers. I was notifiied that I had the job if I wanted it in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • Everything they asked of me was expected. No curveballs or BS questions were thrown in there.   Answer Question
    They offered me a job and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in November 2013.

It was a 4 stage interview all in one day. You will meet with 2 senior underwriters, then 2 separate panels of underwriters at that location. Typical interview questions, but be ready for the problem solving and analytical questions. The only downside was you will not be compensated for traveling expenses to come to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • how many golf balls fit in a school bus? (not numerical, rather problem solving and seeing how detailed you will answer)

You have a 3 gallon bucket and a 5 gallon bucket. You need to get exactly 4 gallons of water in the 5 gallon bucket by only using the two buckets given. How do you do this?

Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Got it through campus. Asked what I knew about Cigna and underwriting (expecting that I did my due diligence), several behavioral questions such as a time I missed a deadline, a time there was a group conflict, time i needed to simplify and present complicated information and then a series of math questions that were basic percents and fractions and averages with some tough numbers in your head.

Interview Questions
    • A time when conversation and productivity was heavily disrupted   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in January 2013.

I applied online through their website. Had a 30 minute phone interview, which were mostly behavioral questions. That went well and I heard back about a week later about a second interview in their office. The second interview started with a presentation about the Underwriting Program followed by three 30 minute panel interviews with members of their underwriting team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna in October 2011.

The interview was very straight forward with a combination of behavioral questions and logic questions

Interview Questions
    • What are the important chracteristics for a leader to have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna in December 2010.

Initial contact was with a recruiter after which point I was invited into the office to interview with my direct manager and an associate. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was contacted a week later to interview with the department head. Their interview was a bit more in depth but was shorter, just 20 minutes or so.

Interview Questions
    I may have been able to negotiate but I was unprepared and accepted the first offer.

Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna in November 2011.

I received a call from a Cigna recruiter out of Chattanooga that just asked why I wanted to leave my current job. My reply was that I liked the job path that was listed on the web site. The recruiter replied "so you are not interested in the Underwriting position at all then?" Of course my response was no, it was just that I appreciated the opportunities the company had to offer. I was told that my information was going to be forwarded to a hiring manager only to get an e-mailed response from the same recruiter who said they were going with candidates whose qualifications closely met the requirements. My qualifications exceeded what was posted on their site. I was really disappointed that they lied to me and made a bad assumption off of one question.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna in October 2011.

Asked about whether I was proficient with Microsoft Excel. I replied I was and then they explained a situation regarding Excel and asked what function I would use. The answer was the v-lookup function. They also some basic math questions. Overall, the interview was not very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Explained Excel situation and then asked what function I should use.   View Answer