Cigniti Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cigniti Inc..

Interview

I applied online. I received call from Recruiter who set up my telephonic interview with interviewer after 2 days. I received call from interviewer on the date. Interviewer was based on offshore location of the company.

Interview Questions

• Interview was mainly for Automation Test Enginer. But questions were mainly focused on testing Java language skills. Interviewer was not from software testing background so no relevant questions were asked for software testing. interviewer started asking difficult questions and Java skills were not even part of my Resume. I mentioned scripting languages in my resume but maybe interviewer was not aware of any scripting language so did not ask any relevant questions.

Overall very bad experience.

1 Answer

Senior Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigniti Inc..

Interview

I had totally five Rounds of Interview selection Process in this company and which includes people skills, technical skills, behavioral psychology, Communication etc.

My overall experience its an exhaustive process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      Closed questions ?
      Open-ended questions
      Situational questions
      Tests
      Situational exercises

Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigniti Inc. (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

I was interviewed for an automation engineer position on QTP. The interview had three technical rounds which included a written test and a HR round. First round was a written test round where there were 4 questions on VBscripiting
    1. Add 10 days to the current date and also print the difference of days between the two dates.
    2. Given a string "this is glassdoor review" .print the output as "review glassdoor is this".
    3. Write a string to a notepad file and read the same again.
    4. Given a string "123cigniti456".Extract the numbers out of the string.i.e., output should be 123456.
    Then the second and third rounds were pretty easy and ensure that you have sound knowledge on the framework used in your previous projects. And also please go through the methods used to interact with webtables in QTP as its the most common question I faced in most of my interviews.
    Once you get thru the tech rounds....HR is pretty much a cake walk and all about negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Click on a link in the webtable   1 Answer
    • Question on keyword driven framework   Answer Question
    • what are the various ways of reading data from an excel sheet   1 Answer
    • Question on passing values to a function by value and by reference   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its a very good company if you are looking for a career in test automation. So, my advice is dont try to negotiate too much and end up declining the offer. Also, consider your career.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

good and more oriented on vb scripting.there was also written test for the same. The written test consisted of questions mostly on vb scripting with more emphasis on file handing etc.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigniti Inc. (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

It was started by GD and then,one written test. After that, it went through 4 more 1:1 interviews. Overall, interview process was avergae but at some points it was enough challenging though.