CiiNOW Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CiiNOW in October 2011.

Found the job posted on Craigslist, applied with resume and received positive response. Interviewed with the company's acting controller and V.P. of Engineering. Later completed an interview with the CEO and CTO. Neither session lasted more than 45 minutes for me (some CiiNOW interviews have lasted over 4 hours). Everyone was nice.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions, although I didn't expect to be asked if I could put together a LAN party. Fun stuff.   Answer Question
    Began as a "part-time" contractor. The work load increased steadily and I was hired as an employee within a few months.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CiiNOW in November 2012.

Pros: Quick interview setup. Around 3-4 engineers interview you. Focus is on problem solving skills and hands on programming. Friendly and extremely talented team. They move very fast if they like you.
    Cons: You've to decide fast. Some questions are quite tough and there is no fixed answer to some of the brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teaser! I think they follow Google style of interviewing.   Answer Question
    Quick and simple.

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant/Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CiiNOW in September 2011.

I applied for a position at this startup company only to receive a rude and very unprofessional reply email from the person in charge of hiring the position. So much for receiving a normal courtesy rejection letter or moving on with grace through applicants who don't seem to meet your requirements. In the position description it stated, "We appreciate your attention, but we ask not to reply to us if you do not like video gaming. If you reply, please send summary of your qualifications. Thank you." I happen to love gaming, and have connections at SEGA, Microsoft, EA, and IGN; therefore, I consciously decided to apply. Little did I know, I applied for a position at this company only to be sarcastically scolded by the person who received my cover letter and curriculum vitae. The email stated, "read the position description. I specifically asked NOT to contact us if you do not have what we're looking for." No reply or a good old fashion professional rejection letter would have sufficed. In the process of hiring, it's a known fact that one will have to deal with and read through all kinds of resumes! It's part of the responsibility one has when hiring new employees. This company needs to realistically stop expecting people applying for positions to know right off the bat that they do not have what the company is looking for! That would defeat the whole purpose of the application process. They perhaps should reconsider their choice of words in job postings they create for the general public in order to prevent ambiguity. Also, they need to become more aware that when interacting with people, especially using COMPANY EMAIL, that they are representing and reflecting the image of their company as well. I wouldn't waste my time trying to be part of a company that tolerates this type of negativity and upholds poor business ethics. I sure hope they don't treat current employees/clients/customers in the same manner.

Worked for CiiNOW? Contribute to the Community!