Ciklum

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.2

Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ciklum in October 2014.

Applied online,got a call within 48 hours. Interview was scheduled and the day before the date they rescheduled with a bad excuse. Was supposed to receive information about the next available date but they completely ignored my e-mails. Very lousy management.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ciklum.

The longest process ever! Impression of so many interviews is that HR Dep is not professional to decide in 1-2 rows, they needed four or five (I can even remember now so many it was..), few of them panel. Plus one interview with test-case. All interviews took about 6 hours....

Interview Questions
    salary. Be confident to ask more than you expect- they can give it for sure and will appreciate you more.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brovary, Kyiv (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brovary, Kyiv (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ciklum in November 2012.

There were 2 interview: one with HR-manager around 30 min over skipe and one with senior developer with testing, programming exersizes, logical exersizes and experience exchange for 5 hours :)

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ciklum in October 2012.

Very fast and convenient for the candidate (especially if one suits position well :) ).
    One may pass very simple Java/Servlet basics test just for the first level filtering. Though some customers takes it as expertise technical interview test. HR can be friendly and allow a candidate to pass this test remotely.

Depending on results of former described test they invite you to visit HR interview (my advise is to make it that way it was technical interview the same day just not to visit office several times). Depending on customer you may be asked to pass some other technical tests (which are normally more difficult and cover not only java basics but olse JEE asics, some advanced java topics etc.) and home task (write some application e.g. smth like client-server).

What is remarkable about any Ciklum project is that customer knows amount of salary which candidate announced on HR interview and can make decision on hiring a candidate or discuss salary on the last interview.

After all interview stages have passed HR will normally give you feedback (which can be either a JOB OFFER or you do not match). If candidate did not pass the interview for one customer HR will try to find another suitable project (if there are any). Unfortunately I once experienced HR did not call me back after all interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell the difference between Proxy, Decorator, Adapter   Answer Question
    • Tell of concurrency classes in core Java package.
      Tell of possible ways to avoid racing conditions.
      Tell of starvation and livens problems when dealing with multiple threads.
        Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ciklum in February 2012.

2 interviews, everything depends on project.

Salary

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharkiv (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharkiv (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ciklum in July 2011.

There were three phase of interview:
    1. interview with HR manager - English level tests and general questions;
    2. interview with PM and QA lead - technical interview;
    3. interview with QA lead from clients side - some technical and general questions.

I really liked the people with whom I talked :)
    And now, after 3 months, I don't regret about acceptance offer.

Interview Questions
    • What type of testing is better: manual or automation?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ciklum in September 2010.

Interview with a hiring manager, team lead, client and online test on general CS questions.
    Questions were about SOLID, some code reading, string building in loop.

Interview Questions
    I received another offer but I really wanted to work for this client, so saying that I have another offer was an argument to speed up offering.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ciklum in May 2008.

The interviews start with the technical interview, then the HR and then the CEO interviews. In my technical interview I was interviewed by a panel of experts in the field. Almost all of the people were knowledgeable professionals. The interview was in-depth and covered almost all the skills required by the position. There was special emphasis on design skills, since it was a senior position. I was also given some actual problems to solve on paper. All in all it was well-balanced interview, not too tough nor too easy.

Interview Questions
    There is always some margin for negotiation on title and the package offered. So I would suggest that you make a good impression in your technical interview first to be in a position later on to negotiate on the two things.