Cimarex Energy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.2

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cimarex Energy.

Interview was very low-key. We basically discussed career plans over lunch, and got to know each other better.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were sensible, and none were unexpected.   Answer Question
    The offer was substantially more than I expected, so no negotiation was necessary.

Financial Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cimarex Energy in June 2013.

Interviewed by management in Tulsa with no idea about the position!

Interview Questions
    • Literally no questions - they didn't understand the role at all...."Tell us about yourself"   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cimarex Energy in January 2012.

I was interviewed by a group of 4 people. Regardless of the pressure they all seemed to be pretty relaxed and friendly. They did ask complicated questions to answer. Someone with a nervous personality would suffer, but just keep your head cool and it's all right. I think they appreciated the good attitude more than anything.

Senior Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cimarex Energy in January 2011.

Contacted by VP Exploration and interviewed in Houston. Trip to Tulsa to interview with numerous professionals and the Chief Geologist. Dinner with VP Exploration and my wife to talk about moving to Tulsa.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cimarex Energy in July 2008.

The interviewer phone me to set up the time and date for the interviewer.

When I arrived at the company, I reported to the receptionist, who informed the interviewer of my arrival. After being greeted by the main interviewer, she then introduced me to her manager. The manager and I had a lengthy discussion. He explained how the company was organized and discussed the culture of the company. He explained how his company handled things differently vs. a larger corporation. We discussed the benefits package his company offers.

After our discussion, I met with the main interviewer. She had a lot of questions about my work history and my specific duties. She explained what the position entailed that I was interviewing for. She discussed the position's monthly schedule, explaining things such as when I would be busiest, the expected overtime, the work environment, etc.

The interviewer told me how many people she was interviewing for the position and the fact that other employees within the company were vying for the psition as well.

Between my discussion with the manager and the interviewer, my interview lasted 2 and a half hours.

The interviewer telephoned me within a week of my interview to inform me that I was not selected for the position and that she had selected someone from within the company to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • The position has a very busy time when you will re required to work overtime to meet deadlines. There will be a period of downtime each month where you will have to find things to do. Do you think you will be a good fit for the position considering the nature of the work schedule/   View Answer