Cincinnati Bell

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Prefer Not to Say Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Bell.

The interview process seemed disorganized -- for starters, the hiring manager was 25 minutes late for our first meeting -- but the position sounded promising. Eventually, I received a verbal offer from the hiring manager. Someone from HR was supposed to call me the next day with the formal offer. Nobody called. After a month of no word, and no answer to my calls or emails, I received the official, "You didn't get the job." I asked for an explanation, but received none.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all normal and the conversation was very collegial.   Answer Question
    The offer was revoked with no explanation. (See above.)

Tax Coop Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cincinnati Bell.

Got my interview through the college and it was a more personal interview focused on my personality rather tun technical questions. I was asked how I would handle specific situation and strength and weakness questions. Pretty simple process overall.

Interview Questions
    • They were more interested on how I was involved in the community and campus and be ready to provide examples of how you are active   Answer Question
    It was a coop so it was hourly pay no negotiation

Senior Accountant Interview

Was referred position by a recruiter. I came in for one interview, and interviewed with the operations assistant controller and controller. I was originally not offered the position because someone who knew an executive was also interviewing. I was informed of this after that person turned down the job and it was offered to me.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were situational. 'Tell me a time when..." There wasn't much just general conversation, but this is understandable since I only had one interview.   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Bell.

Hiring process is honestly what you would expect. You have two interviews with a couple different managers in the retail portion of the company. After these interviews they will call you either confirming or denying you got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation what-so-ever. They will pay you based on performance.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Bell.

Pretty fast process; had phone screening with recruiter followed by a 1st round and 2nd round interview -- all within 2 weeks. Background check, negotiations, offer within the 3rd week. Interviews were pretty conversational about my work experience, with a few of the standard behavioral questions you always get. I was impressed by the level of detail provided from the recruiter and their accessibility/responsiveness throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest weakness? (not that difficult or unexpected of a question), just difficult to answer and not feel like you're sugar coating your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cincinnati Bell.

Interviewed through a contracting company.

Interview Questions
    Allowances for medical and parking reimbursement added to base salary.

Analytics Manager Interview

I really was fortunate to be able to work with HR in developing the standards that lead to the creation of this role within the organization.By working closely with an HR professional to understand the ins and outs of making a very successful job profile and defining activities that are relevant to the job and commensurate with the asking price made this a fun and worthwhile experience not to mention rare in any industry.

Outbound Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cincinnati Bell in March 2012.

From the beginning of this interview process I was turned off. After I scheduled my own interview I had a lady call me, she had a bad attitude from the start. She would ask a question and when I was finished said okay, it didn't seem like she was even interested in what I had to say. From there it went to cold calling and such which I had done before.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with making 80 to 100 cold calls per day?   Answer Question

Low pay 12.02 an hour plus making 80-100 cold calls a DAY to prospects at home. Goals did not seem realistic plus they wanted you to work six days a week. That would hardly leave any time for family!!!!!!!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Bell in January 2011.

Had the first interview with a gentleman in his late 30's. Nice guy, had told me that he and the rep from Indy that was in town the night prior had hit it too hard at Hyde Park bars. It didn't bother me, as we have all been there, especially in sales. He seemed really nice and slightly hungover. He asked me some general questions and seemed to like me. He told me that if there was a second interview, it would be a quick decision as a training class was happening the first week of February and they needed to fill the class. I left feeling optimistic.

5 days later - Received the call for the 2nd interview. This time I was in front of three employees. One female account manager (who did not like me and kept looking at her watch -which i found rude), one sales manager (texting on his blackberry) and another hiring manager. They all seem really tired, stressed out, and were going through the motions. - I get that it was a late afternoon interview and interviewing sucks for everyone but I was pissed that they were being so unprofessional. I left the interview feeling 50/50 about an offer. The hiring manager said I would know either way within a week.

I never received the call but was happy about it. I needed a job at the time and probably would have accepted it. I noted that all of the sales team in their tiny squares looked more miserable than the next and they all looked like they had been pushed to their limits. Head in hands, no discussion, everyone looking at the ground. The office screamed of poor morale.

I thought the first interview was at the very least entertaining. The group interview left a bad taste in my mouth about Cin Bell. I would have expected more professionalism but maybe they were all having a bad day.

Interview Questions
    • Name an event or a time when you went above and beyond for your company?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Cincinnati Bell in November 2010.

It was tough and had to go back 4 times but they did hire me. I did not know anyone at the company and most who worked there know someone to be hired.

It was there way only.