Cincinnati Bell Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2014
Updated May 13, 2014

2.9

Senior Accountant Interview

Was referred position by a recruiter. I came in for one interview, and interviewed with the operations assistant controller and controller. I was originally not offered the position because someone who knew an executive was also interviewing. I was informed of this after that person turned down the job and it was offered to me.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were situational. 'Tell me a time when..." There wasn't much just general conversation, but this is understandable since I only had one interview.   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Bell.

Hiring process is honestly what you would expect. You have two interviews with a couple different managers in the retail portion of the company. After these interviews they will call you either confirming or denying you got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation what-so-ever. They will pay you based on performance.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Bell.

Pretty fast process; had phone screening with recruiter followed by a 1st round and 2nd round interview -- all within 2 weeks. Background check, negotiations, offer within the 3rd week. Interviews were pretty conversational about my work experience, with a few of the standard behavioral questions you always get. I was impressed by the level of detail provided from the recruiter and their accessibility/responsiveness throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest weakness? (not that difficult or unexpected of a question), just difficult to answer and not feel like you're sugar coating your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cincinnati Bell.

Interviewed through a contracting company.

Interview Questions
    Allowances for medical and parking reimbursement added to base salary.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Bell in January 2010.

Candidates participate in a simulation of a customer contact. Followed up by general office skills and live interview.

Interview Questions
    • The simulation is by the the hardest part if you don;t know what to expect. You need you attempt to solve the customer's issue, and then suggest value added products.   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

I really was fortunate to be able to work with HR in developing the standards that lead to the creation of this role within the organization.By working closely with an HR professional to understand the ins and outs of making a very successful job profile and defining activities that are relevant to the job and commensurate with the asking price made this a fun and worthwhile experience not to mention rare in any industry.

Cincinnati Bell Owned Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Cincinnati Bell in January 2008.

Online application process with initial screening by internal human resources management that looks for specific direct job related skills. Two or more interviews including at least one with human resources, one with a retail store manager, and then sometimes and extra interview with another store manager and or just about any combination of the aforementioned imaginable depending on a multitude of reasons.
    The process of screening for professionals for this company is highly selective, and extremely hard to secure an interview without being referred by somebody already working here., The ideal candidate, for screening purposes will have the ultimate experience in working for any competitor with at least a year or two of above average levels of experience in both, customer services, telecommunications, mobile phones, home telephones, and professional sales.. This is not a typical retail clerk job, but rather a professional sales persons career, little known by the public at large, and aside from experience, training too is intense and extreme.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?   View Answer
    • Just like most commissioned sales store interviews, likely asked to role play, that is pretend to be selling a specific product or service (usually a mobile phone to which you will know nothing about!). The manager performing the interview may act the role as customer, or ask an existing employee to do so while he or she stands or sits back and observes.   View Answer
    • Many applicants assume this is not a professional entry level career opportunity, but rather a simple cash register clerk job. That is not the case. Old qualifications used to require a degree in college on top of years of experience in multiple fields.   View Answer
    Set benefit and set pay scale was temporary for holidays with a more permanent offer to continue if performance showed worth after. I went on to receive two more promotions within the [between] three to four years that I was with this company.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Cincinnati Bell in November 2010.

It was tough and had to go back 4 times but they did hire me. I did not know anyone at the company and most who worked there know someone to be hired.

It was there way only.

Outbound Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cincinnati Bell in March 2012.

From the beginning of this interview process I was turned off. After I scheduled my own interview I had a lady call me, she had a bad attitude from the start. She would ask a question and when I was finished said okay, it didn't seem like she was even interested in what I had to say. From there it went to cold calling and such which I had done before.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with making 80 to 100 cold calls per day?   Answer Question

Low pay 12.02 an hour plus making 80-100 cold calls a DAY to prospects at home. Goals did not seem realistic plus they wanted you to work six days a week. That would hardly leave any time for family!!!!!!!

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cincinnati Bell in January 2009.

A series of interviews held by various people from various areas of the organization. Some technical and some were non technical in nature. Did not like the culture and heard a lot about blaming other type attitude.

Salary was not right

Worked for Cincinnati Bell? Contribute to the Community!