Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initially applied for the job in January 2013 and didn't receive a phone call from HR until April 2013. First, phone screen with HR recruiter. After that, I interviewed with both of the people who would eventually become my bosses. The first interview was very conversational and the second was the typical behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would definitely attempt to ask for more money.

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in February 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out the online applications with the University of Cincinnati. Then I had a telephonic and skype interview, since I was an internaitonal candidate. In addition I submitted 4 letters of reference, State of Purpose and my transcripts. My interviewers were very, very nice. They put me at ease and did not intimidate me. They were easy to talk to and asked specific questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant III Interview

Research Assistant III
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fairy quick and easy (though I've heard the recruitment process can take up to a year). I went through application to hired in less than a month.

Interview Question – What are my realistic expectations for job security considering a 5 year grant (maximum) and the nature of the economy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "I wish I could offer you more, but this is basically what I've got."

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator II
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in March 2010.

Interview Details – I originally interviewed as a college undergrad for an internship position on my current research study. Due to my experience during high school and college with children I was given the position on the spot and was later hired on full-time (about 6 months prior to graduating college).

Negotiation Details – Roughly 6 months before graduating from college I met with an HR associate and we discussed my compensation and benefits. He was very thorough and helpful. The negotiation process was easy for me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.

Interview Details – I applied online, was called about two weeks later for an interview, came in for two sets of interviews and received a job offer.

Interview Question – I don't recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was, unfortunately, desperate for a job and did not negotiate. A fact I later regretted.

Very Easy Interview

Anesthesia Technician Interview

Anesthesia Technician
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in July 2009.

Interview Details – HR contacts first then you interview with them first, then you meet with the business manager and one of the lead anesthesiologists, after that HR will let you know if you are hired and what do after that.

Interview Question – Nothing very complicated or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in February 2010.

Interview Details – Got an email for an onsite interview. They fly you in and put you up at an expensive place. The interview includes meeting with 3-4 profs followed by facing a board panel of profs who ask you about your research experience. Mainly technical interview. Very well organized!

Interview Question – The whole day is spent talking to a lot of profs and students. Tiring!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations!

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Patient Care Assistant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.

Interview Details – Was called for an interview with HR within 2 weeks. Passed all criteria and was told it would be 2-3 weeks before I would begin receiving calls for interviews. It was 2 months before I interviewed and another 2 months before I was offered the job.

Interview Question – What would I do if I had an ongoing problem with my supervisor/manager/director? Who would I take the problem to?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a flat starting fee for the position and told there would be no negotiation.

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator II
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process went smoothly.It lasted about 2.5 to 3 hours and consisted of a 1:1 Interview, an interview with HR and an interview with the staff. It took two weeks for them to make an offer, which they tell you during the interview.

The drug test was straight forward too. There were no surprises.

I would recommend other people to come prepared with questions and to give a lot of time for the interview process.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiated. I needed the job and the budget did not allow for a higher starting bonus.

Bio Statistician Interview

Bio Statistician
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in June 2010.

Interview Details – smoothly

Interview Question – why are you interested in this job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not at the right time

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Worked for Cincinnati Children's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!