Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.9

Mental Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Started with an online interview (one-way) by answering a series of questions (six). Next, there was an in person interview with two members of the staff (Clinical Manager - RN and Clinical Director) which lasted about one hour). This included a detailed description and tour of the facility, followed by a description of the job, followed by about three questions following up on certain details on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cincinnati Children's?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took over a month and dragged on way too long. At some point they should tell you when you are not down to the finalists(2). Instead it dragged on for 6 weeks

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Why do you want to do this job   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

At the highest levels, you may have to interview with many, many people - often with a panel. Be knowledgeable about the organization and its history as a word-class pediatric medical center. Appreciate the business side of medical care providers and the influence of healthcare reform. If meeting with scientists or physicians, know what they do. If you are in research and/or medical profession, know what those at CCHMC have done in that particular area. Look online and in the news. There is much there.

Interview Questions

• Why CCHMC? Be sure to articulate why working at CCHMC is important to you. Did you have a personal connection as a parent or patient? Did you have colleagues who worked there? Do you simply marvel at the innovation and life-saving care that they provide?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I applied online, was called about two weeks later for an interview, came in for two sets of interviews and received a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was, unfortunately, desperate for a job and did not negotiate. A fact I later regretted.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially applied for the job in January 2013 and didn't receive a phone call from HR until April 2013. First, phone screen with HR recruiter. After that, I interviewed with both of the people who would eventually become my bosses. The first interview was very conversational and the second was the typical behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would definitely attempt to ask for more money.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Following a behavior-based interview with the program director, I completed and panel interview with other leaders and key members of the treatment team. The panel interview was more informal and was aimed at determining whether or not I would be a good fit for the team as a whole. The panel interview held as much weight as the interview with the program director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating took place.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Was called for an interview with HR within 2 weeks. Passed all criteria and was told it would be 2-3 weeks before I would begin receiving calls for interviews. It was 2 months before I interviewed and another 2 months before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had an ongoing problem with my supervisor/manager/director? Who would I take the problem to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a flat starting fee for the position and told there would be no negotiation.

Coordinator- Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Current employee of CCHMC - applied online for transfer
    2. Status on Career Page changed immediately to Hiring Manager Review
    3. 2 weeks later - received call from hiring manager to schedule a phone interview
    4. Had phone interview - was asked to apply for an additional job opening in same department - was told I would hear back
    5. Applied for additional opening - status on Career Page changed immediately to Under Consideration
    6. 2-3 days later - received email from HR asking me to schedule skills testing
    7. Completed skills training at HR office - received results immediately - was told I would hear back
    8. 1-2 days later - received call from hiring manager expressing interest and explaining plan for proceeding
    9. Within 24 hrs - received email from manager with interview schedule for both positions over 2 days
    10. 2-3 days later - interviewed with hiring manager and two others (leadership) individually
    11. 1-2 days later - interviewed with 6 members of administrative staff in group setting
    12. 1 day later - received call from hiring manager with offer - accepted immediately
    13. 1-2 days later - met with HR consultant to review details
    14. Same day - received call from HR consultant with final salary offer - accepted immediately
    15. Gave current department 4 weeks notice (worked out by managers/HR)

Interview Questions

• Please give us an example of a time that you were in a situation that threatened your safety and tell us how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have any items that needed to be negotiated. My transfer was a promotion and I was/am very satisfied with the end results.

General Occupation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Submit an application online.
    Await callback from human resources.

No Choice.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Best way to describe the interview is if you know someone who works at cchmc you will get an interview. Outside people coming in is hard as this is a highly sought after company to work for. Everyone is nice and if you get lost to finding your interview location plenty of people are around who will help you.