Cincinnati Children's Hospital

2.9

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.

At the highest levels, you may have to interview with many, many people - often with a panel. Be knowledgeable about the organization and its history as a word-class pediatric medical center. Appreciate the business side of medical care providers and the influence of healthcare reform. If meeting with scientists or physicians, know what they do. If you are in research and/or medical profession, know what those at CCHMC have done in that particular area. Look online and in the news. There is much there.

Interview Questions
    • Why CCHMC? Be sure to articulate why working at CCHMC is important to you. Did you have a personal connection as a parent or patient? Did you have colleagues who worked there? Do you simply marvel at the innovation and life-saving care that they provide?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.

I applied online, was called about two weeks later for an interview, came in for two sets of interviews and received a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I was, unfortunately, desperate for a job and did not negotiate. A fact I later regretted.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in May 2013.

Initially applied for the job in January 2013 and didn't receive a phone call from HR until April 2013. First, phone screen with HR recruiter. After that, I interviewed with both of the people who would eventually become my bosses. The first interview was very conversational and the second was the typical behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    I would definitely attempt to ask for more money.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.

Was called for an interview with HR within 2 weeks. Passed all criteria and was told it would be 2-3 weeks before I would begin receiving calls for interviews. It was 2 months before I interviewed and another 2 months before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I had an ongoing problem with my supervisor/manager/director? Who would I take the problem to?   View Answer
    I was offered a flat starting fee for the position and told there would be no negotiation.

Coordinator- Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in March 2012.

1. Current employee of CCHMC - applied online for transfer
    2. Status on Career Page changed immediately to Hiring Manager Review
    3. 2 weeks later - received call from hiring manager to schedule a phone interview
    4. Had phone interview - was asked to apply for an additional job opening in same department - was told I would hear back
    5. Applied for additional opening - status on Career Page changed immediately to Under Consideration
    6. 2-3 days later - received email from HR asking me to schedule skills testing
    7. Completed skills training at HR office - received results immediately - was told I would hear back
    8. 1-2 days later - received call from hiring manager expressing interest and explaining plan for proceeding
    9. Within 24 hrs - received email from manager with interview schedule for both positions over 2 days
    10. 2-3 days later - interviewed with hiring manager and two others (leadership) individually
    11. 1-2 days later - interviewed with 6 members of administrative staff in group setting
    12. 1 day later - received call from hiring manager with offer - accepted immediately
    13. 1-2 days later - met with HR consultant to review details
    14. Same day - received call from HR consultant with final salary offer - accepted immediately
    15. Gave current department 4 weeks notice (worked out by managers/HR)

Interview Questions
    • Please give us an example of a time that you were in a situation that threatened your safety and tell us how you handled it.   Answer Question
    I didn't have any items that needed to be negotiated. My transfer was a promotion and I was/am very satisfied with the end results.

General Occupation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in January 2012.

Submit an application online.
    Await callback from human resources.

No Choice.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in April 2011.

Best way to describe the interview is if you know someone who works at cchmc you will get an interview. Outside people coming in is hard as this is a highly sought after company to work for. Everyone is nice and if you get lost to finding your interview location plenty of people are around who will help you.

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in March 2011.

The hiring process went smoothly.It lasted about 2.5 to 3 hours and consisted of a 1:1 Interview, an interview with HR and an interview with the staff. It took two weeks for them to make an offer, which they tell you during the interview.

The drug test was straight forward too. There were no surprises.

I would recommend other people to come prepared with questions and to give a lot of time for the interview process.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiated. I needed the job and the budget did not allow for a higher starting bonus.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in February 2011.

I filled out the online applications with the University of Cincinnati. Then I had a telephonic and skype interview, since I was an internaitonal candidate. In addition I submitted 4 letters of reference, State of Purpose and my transcripts. My interviewers were very, very nice. They put me at ease and did not intimidate me. They were easy to talk to and asked specific questions.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in January 2011.

Initial communication - someone calling to set up phone interview
    Phone interview
    Group interview
    I know quite a few people who work here and all have had very positive experiences and said that this is a great place to work. Everyone who I came into contact in the process was positive, upbeat, and extremely helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How much/what do you know about the specific program (not the company) that you are applying to be the business manager for?   Answer Question

Worked for Cincinnati Children's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!