Cincinnati State Technical & Community College

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring was quite protracted due to the whims and inefficiencies of the Human Resources Office. I went from being nominally hired to being informed I had to go through the HR Process, which added 4-5 months onto my onboarding process, during which time I was unemployed. However, once the interview was scheduled, the interview process itself was straightforward and typical for an academic/administrative position. I had a conversation with the hiring manager, during which he asked me questions about my education, qualifications, and experience. I was able to ask questions I had as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who was unhappy with the service you provided?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The college has a standard rate for the position.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

Submit resume online, involves a couple of panel interviews the second of which involves a sample lecture. The panel members consist of individuals from various departments and you are asked questions in a round robin fashion.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College.

Interview

I filled out the online application and was contacted by the hiring manager a couple weeks later. I was then contacted by HR to set up an interview. Only one, in-person interview. Standard interview questions. Everything was very laid back. Make sure to double check everything from HR as well as follow up, there were some mistakes made.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your former coworkers what your biggest weakness is, what would they say?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, hourly pay was posted with the job.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College in December 2009.

Interview

The process was more protracted than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• You seem to be overqualified for this job, will you stay here or will you continue to look if you are offered the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary range was posted. I recieved the high end of the range.