Cinemark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Floor Staff Interview

Floor Staff
Lancaster, OH

I interviewed at Cinemark in July 2014.

Interview Details – Everybody was really nice. I had one interview with two people. I was offered an ushering job on the spot, and I accepted. Both interviewers were very friendly and made me laugh some, so I'm pretty excited to start my job !

Interview Questions

• As an Usher, you must check the theater every thirty minutes. If a film is 158 minutes long, what is the minimum amount of times you should check the theater ?   View Answers (2)
  • Ushers are responsible for cleaning up the theater. If a movie ends at 1:07 and the next movie starts at 1:20, how much time do you have to clean up ?   View Answer
  • Give five words to describe yourself.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at a theater ?   Answer Question

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cinemark in June 2014.

Interview Details – Dropped off a resume and got a call a day later for an interview and was asked to bring in a job application which can be found online. Interview was very simple and had very basic questions. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. Got a call 3 days later with a job offer.

Interview Question – How would you respond if a customer did this __.   Answer Question

Usher/Concessions Interview

Usher/Concessions
College Station, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cinemark in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. I applied for only a summer position and ended up staying until December. Filled out the application on site and received a phone call from the general manager for an interview the following day. Interview lasted no longer 10 minutes and was offered the position right after.

Interview Question – What quality about yourself makes you a good fit for Cinemark?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered minimum wage with raises offered every three month evaluation.

Theatre Employee Interview

Theatre Employee
Federal Way, WA

I interviewed at Cinemark in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two stage interview process, the managers were very easy-going and positive, and the questions were fairly simple and common sense. Just come in with a professional representative of yourself and the interview is all yours.

Interview Question – What would you do if your co-workers were talking and there were customers to serve?   View Answer

Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cinemark in April 2014.

Interview Details – Manger provided very professional interview

Interview Question – Describe your biggest weakness   View Answer

Concessionist Interview

Concessionist

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cinemark in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was given an interview on the spot when I went to turn my application in to the hiring manager. In just a week he called me and told me I had the job and that he wanted to know if I wanted to start immediately

Interview Question – What are you best at skill-wise?   Answer Question

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office

I applied in-person and interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview Details – Differs from location to location. Under the previous GM, everyone would turn in applications, which are held for 90 days. Then, he would call everyone and give them a time. The interviews would take place in one day, and you would be in a group interview where you take some assessments and get to know the GM a bit. Now, under the new GM, you get a call for a time slot, and you are called back one by one for an individual interview. Previously it was with the GM himself, now I believe he has an assistant manager interviewing.

Interview Question – There isn't any surprise question to throw you off, but the most important thing we look for is your availability.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You get paid minimum starting. However they may ask if you want Concession or Usher. It's your choice, but Usher is definitely the easier job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview Details – Typically hire from within

Interview Question – Do you see yourself making a career out of this   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation

Usher Interview

Usher
San Bruno, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cinemark in November 2012.

Interview Details – Depending on what you wrote as an experience on the application, the hiring manager will hire you on the spot. All she asked me was what did you do here and here, no scenario questions asked. Went through the details of what was required for the job, and completed the paper work within a day. Basically, if the manager looks you were in for a tacky job. Management lacks professionalism.

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Cinemark in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was advised by my friend and Cinemark supervisor to ignore the online application (supposedly they don't look at them) and drop off a paper application. I was contacted in about a week, scheduled the only interview another week off, and scheduled to work two weeks after the interview. The interview was in the concessions lobby at a cafe table with the senior manager.

Interview Question – What does good customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Worked for Cinemark? Contribute to the Community!