Cinemark

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

1.8

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cinemark in December 2014.

I went online originally to fill out an application. The instructions online said to take the application to the location we were applying to (there was no online application available.) When I dropped off the application, the employee said that someone would be calling me within a week. Two weeks later, I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very simple (tell me about yourself, do you think you can meet the job requirements, do you mind cleaning/breaking a sweat, can you fulfill dress code requirements, ect.), and took about 20 minutes. At the end, the managers told me that they would call me at the end of the day if I got a job. That evening, I received an offer, and was instructed to come in to fill out the final paperwork and make copies of my identification.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of Customer Service?   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate. Actually, they have yet to tell me how much I am making. However, I have friends who work at this location and have told me that starting is minimum wage, so I am assuming that to be true.

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, OH

interviewed at Cinemark in July 2014.

Everybody was really nice. I had one interview with two people. I was offered an ushering job on the spot, and I accepted. Both interviewers were very friendly and made me laugh some, so I'm pretty excited to start my job !

Interview Questions
    • As an Usher, you must check the theater every thirty minutes. If a film is 158 minutes long, what is the minimum amount of times you should check the theater ?   View Answers (2)
    • Ushers are responsible for cleaning up the theater. If a movie ends at 1:07 and the next movie starts at 1:20, how much time do you have to clean up ?   View Answer
    • Give five words to describe yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at a theater ?   Answer Question

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cinemark in June 2014.

Dropped off a resume and got a call a day later for an interview and was asked to bring in a job application which can be found online. Interview was very simple and had very basic questions. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. Got a call 3 days later with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cinemark in April 2014.

Manger provided very professional interview

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cinemark.

Differs from location to location. Under the previous GM, everyone would turn in applications, which are held for 90 days. Then, he would call everyone and give them a time. The interviews would take place in one day, and you would be in a group interview where you take some assessments and get to know the GM a bit. Now, under the new GM, you get a call for a time slot, and you are called back one by one for an individual interview. Previously it was with the GM himself, now I believe he has an assistant manager interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't any surprise question to throw you off, but the most important thing we look for is your availability.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You get paid minimum starting. However they may ask if you want Concession or Usher. It's your choice, but Usher is definitely the easier job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cinemark.

Typically hire from within

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself making a career out of this   View Answer
    Little room for negotiation

Theatre Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

interviewed at Cinemark in March 2014.

Two stage interview process, the managers were very easy-going and positive, and the questions were fairly simple and common sense. Just come in with a professional representative of yourself and the interview is all yours.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your co-workers were talking and there were customers to serve?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cinemark.

2 interviews (really unnecessary to have more than one). Depending on who was hiring, it didn't even matter. They just hired who they like anyway. Semblance of professionalism in a place that lacks so much of it internally.

Usher/Concessions Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cinemark.

Basic interview; why should we hire you, what are some strengths, availability, etc. There were two managers conducting the interview.

Interview Questions
    • what's your favorite movie? (not really unexpected or difficult)   Answer Question

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cinemark.

Downloaded the application and dropped it off with a resume attached. Don't harass them over the phone. They will pick you based on your availability and your skill sets. Make sure to get detailed about your answers during the 1 on 1 interview. Yes or No answers aren't a good sign at all. Don't lie on application/resume because our management team can see through it quickly. They have no reservations for firing bad apples that pass the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult interview question you will get are the following: what are your biggest weaknesses? What are your long term goals out side of work? What is your expectations of working here like?   Answer Question