Cinemark Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.8

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I turned in my application and did not get a call. I didn't really want the job, so it took me a few weeks to actually go and ask for a manager; when I did, I was scheduled an interview for 3 days later. The manager came in and automatically apologized if she seemed off, as she'd just had a "heated debate" with the other managers in their office. It was not professional at all. The questions were minimal & basic. It was hardly an interview. There were no tests. Most people will get a job. It's really based on if the interviewer likes you or not (at least at this location), and it really shouldn't be. (Also: I was never told I was hired explicitly. I was told to come back for training in a few days & just started working.)

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with standing on your feet for hours at a time?   1 Answer

Concessionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cinemark (Canton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I printed out the application from online and filled it out and handed it to a person working in the box office. Around a week later I got a call from one of the managers and she and I set up a time for an interview two days later. At this point I didn't know which job I was interviewing for, but at my interview they told me it was for concessions. Interview was very laid back and easy, since the manager was 24. She asked me simple questions and then asked me to fill out a quick math test (it was basic addition and subtraction with concession item prices), something I was not prepared but managed to get all of those problems correct. She then had me fill out consent to a background check forms and a felony form. At this point I thought the interview had gone very well and that I was certain to get the job, since the manager had asked when I was available to start training. However, a week passed from that interview before I got another call telling me that all of the concessions positions had been filled, but there were open positions for ushers. The person on the phone then told me that a manager from the ushers would call me in the next day or so to set up a time for an interview, something I was not all that thrilled for. Already, my impression of Cinemark is not that great. I'm happy I have another shot at a job there, but I'm exasperated that I have to go through another interview. Will write another review after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable standing on your feet for several hours?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • How are comfortable are you working directly with people?   Answer Question
    • If a customer was upset with an order or something wrong, how would you go about trying to solve it?   Answer Question

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Really simple, just went over & sat down at a bench in the theater lobby and started in with questions on availability and transportation, then asked if I was comfortable with the job duties (cleaning, some concession work, some handling of money...), then did some generic interview questions after asking why I wanted the job. I filled out some paperwork and was told I'd get a call by 8:00 that night with their decision and it came just a couple hours after my interview. They didn't ask what my favorite movie was though, and I thought that would've come up for sure!

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies/interests?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is your greatest attribute?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made and the way you went about correcting it and managing the situation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me (the interviewer/supervisor)?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview

I had worked for Cinemark for a year as a basic employee. This interview was conducted after knowing the General Manager for at least six months. The interview was scripted, and very straight forward. After the 1:1 interview, there was a large amount of paperwork. After the interview and a bit of paperwork there is an online skills assessment that you will have to take. The questions involve customer service, food safety, and general personality.

Interview Questions

• What are a few reasons that you can think of that makes you a better choice than the other possible candidates?   1 Answer

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cinemark in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy. I printed/filled out the application then turned it into a manager. He noted that I had "great availability" and told me to wait for a call. Three days later the same manager called and we scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview itself was very laid-back. Afterwards, I was asked to sign to consent in a background check. I got a call 8 days later confirming that I got the job and asking me to fill out more paperwork. I start in a few days and I'm so excited! All of the managers I spoke with throughout the process were super nice/cool. Seems like a chill work environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Why do you want to work at the movies? What are your favorite movies? So what do you want to do with your life? Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark (Robinson, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick, easy, but actually got the concessionist position because they did not need ushers at the time. Approximately 10 minute interview that was very informal. They looking for people who can work long hours with flexible schedules.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customer complaints?   1 Answer

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Carson, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It's a brand new theater hasn't even been open yet so that's pretty exciting. my granny told me bout the "new movie theater" opening up and that I should go apply. I went to the guest services desk in the mall and received an application from the nice lady, I filled it out and turned it back into her. About a week or so later I got a call asking if I could come for a ten thirty interview. my car started acting up so I ended up going around 11:30 so anywho I arrived and it was a group interview I was kinda nervous but the staff made me feel very comfortable talking to us like we got the job already. we talked about the perks of the job and what new movies were coming out (just trying to break the ice) we discussed our schedules and how the theater is even open on holidays. The general manager said if we didn't get a call by the 7th, we weren't hired. this morning I got a call at 11 asking if I could come fill out employment paperwork at four pm. everything was smooth sailing. I haven't worked in a while so I'm pretty excited.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable.

Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview

I was called for a group interview with one of the Senior Managers, however now they do individual interviews. It was a casual experience, and you primarily had to respond to situational scenairos relating to customers.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about the theatre based on your last visit?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview

Applied in person, I got a call a week later asking to come in for an interview. After the interview they call back a couple hours later to come in for a second interview. Which is basically the same questions as the first but with a different manager. Goodluck!

Interview Questions

• What type of animal would you be and why? Why would should we hire you? What are your weaknesses and strengths   Answer Question

Support Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Plano, TX).

Interview

Process was smooth and respectful, but I was sold something that wasn't true. Eventually, I found out the company mistreated their employees. I have to admit that I did not used Glassdoor at the time to see the company reviews. I will not make the same mistake again.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what IP stands for?   1 Answer