Cinemark Usher Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cinemark (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online in January, got a call asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview in March. Interview was full of your standard "What if..." questions. After completing this interview, I got a call the same night asking me to come in for a second interview. Second interview was much easier, which was more of getting to know the other manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who was appalled/disgusted by a movie they just watched?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cinemark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cinemark (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The interview process was short. Apply online then you should call and tell them to review your application. They will tell you time and day and always dress professionally no matter the job. My interview took place in the lobby 2 on 1. They ask you basic information about the job and your past experience. They tell you the how the hours are given and what to expect. A day later they will call to congratulate on receiving the job or not call at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude or impatient customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable income.

Usher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cinemark.

Interview

I had one interview with them. The most easy question for me was the math.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cinemark (San Bruno, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Depending on what you wrote as an experience on the application, the hiring manager will hire you on the spot. All she asked me was what did you do here and here, no scenario questions asked. Went through the details of what was required for the job, and completed the paper work within a day. Basically, if the manager looks you were in for a tacky job. Management lacks professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cinemark (Westminster, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Got call for interview. Interviewer asked some basic questions such as how I would react in certain situations. Not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cinemark (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I went in to see if they were hiring and met with the hiring manager. She was super sweet and right then and there she interviewed me in an office right by a movie theater. Two days later, I was hired, did some training and was on the job within a week.

Interview Questions

• What are you favorite movies? Why Cinemark?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cinemark (Richmond, KY) in April 2012.

Interview

They asked very simple questions. they decide immediately if you get the job. When I took over interviewing I made things a little more professional. It resulted in better hires.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working nights weekends or holidays?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any tattoos visible in a short sleeve polo?   1 Answer
    • Are you above the age of 16?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cinemark (Palmdale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

You must wear close-toed shoes to the interview and be there 10 minutes early to be considered for the job. They ask you the basic questions like "why do you want to work for our company?" or " how would you improve the company?" or even, " Why should we hire you to work with us at Cinemark?". But the three questions they ask that are different are "what is the last movie you saw?" and, "What did you like about the movie?" and also, "What did you not like about it?".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They didn't give any chance to negotiate or for me to ask questions. It was sort of a rushed interview, get in, get out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cinemark (Redding, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Signed the sign in sheet, got interview through connections, was asked to count back change, did not do well. Asked about job experience. Offered job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cinemark (Hanover, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

We were all seated inside one of the party rooms, with all the chairs facing one side of the room where two managers sat at a table. From there, they talked for a little bit and then in turn had each and everyone one of us (roughly 20-30 people) stand up, say our names, and our favorite movies. We were then split into groups and were given scenarios, and as a group we were to come to a conclusion as to how we would handle the scenarios. It basically turned into process of elimination. Every time they started a new step in the interview process, they would leave, and when they returned they would eliminate a certain number of people. The first people to go were the ones wearing shorts, flipflops, sneakers, jeans, baseball caps, and/or other nonprofessional outerwear. I wore slacks, dress shoes, an oxford button-up shirt, and tie. By the end, the managers had one-on-one interviews to confirm our availibilities and extend the job offer to us or not.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only thing negotiable was your availibility. There was no negotiating pay, or even the position you started out as.