Cinemark Usher Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark (Robinson, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick, easy, but actually got the concessionist position because they did not need ushers at the time. Approximately 10 minute interview that was very informal. They looking for people who can work long hours with flexible schedules.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customer complaints?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cinemark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cinemark (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online in January, got a call asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview in March. Interview was full of your standard "What if..." questions. After completing this interview, I got a call the same night asking me to come in for a second interview. Second interview was much easier, which was more of getting to know the other manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who was appalled/disgusted by a movie they just watched?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The interview process was short. Apply online then you should call and tell them to review your application. They will tell you time and day and always dress professionally no matter the job. My interview took place in the lobby 2 on 1. They ask you basic information about the job and your past experience. They tell you the how the hours are given and what to expect. A day later they will call to congratulate on receiving the job or not call at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude or impatient customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable income.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Daly City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Basic, asked a few normal questions about availability and different work situations. They'll ask if you can work holidays or weekends, if you have tattoos or piercings too. It seems like they don't hire many people with visible ink

Interview Questions

• What's your availability like?   1 Answer

Usher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview

I had one interview with them. The most easy question for me was the math.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cinemark (San Bruno, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Depending on what you wrote as an experience on the application, the hiring manager will hire you on the spot. All she asked me was what did you do here and here, no scenario questions asked. Went through the details of what was required for the job, and completed the paper work within a day. Basically, if the manager looks you were in for a tacky job. Management lacks professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark (Westminster, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Got call for interview. Interviewer asked some basic questions such as how I would react in certain situations. Not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I went in to see if they were hiring and met with the hiring manager. She was super sweet and right then and there she interviewed me in an office right by a movie theater. Two days later, I was hired, did some training and was on the job within a week.

Interview Questions

• What are you favorite movies? Why Cinemark?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark (Richmond, KY) in April 2012.

Interview

They asked very simple questions. they decide immediately if you get the job. When I took over interviewing I made things a little more professional. It resulted in better hires.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working nights weekends or holidays?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any tattoos visible in a short sleeve polo?   1 Answer
    • Are you above the age of 16?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark (Redding, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Signed the sign in sheet, got interview through connections, was asked to count back change, did not do well. Asked about job experience. Offered job on the spot.