Cinemark Usher Interview Questions

1.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Usher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cinemark.

I had one interview with them. The most easy question for me was the math.

Other Interview Reviews for Cinemark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cinemark in November 2012.

Depending on what you wrote as an experience on the application, the hiring manager will hire you on the spot. All she asked me was what did you do here and here, no scenario questions asked. Went through the details of what was required for the job, and completed the paper work within a day. Basically, if the manager looks you were in for a tacky job. Management lacks professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cinemark in June 2012.

Got call for interview. Interviewer asked some basic questions such as how I would react in certain situations. Not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cinemark in April 2011.

Signed the sign in sheet, got interview through connections, was asked to count back change, did not do well. Asked about job experience. Offered job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cinemark in April 2011.

You must wear close-toed shoes to the interview and be there 10 minutes early to be considered for the job. They ask you the basic questions like "why do you want to work for our company?" or " how would you improve the company?" or even, " Why should we hire you to work with us at Cinemark?". But the three questions they ask that are different are "what is the last movie you saw?" and, "What did you like about the movie?" and also, "What did you not like about it?".

Interview Questions
    They didn't give any chance to negotiate or for me to ask questions. It was sort of a rushed interview, get in, get out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cinemark in August 2010.

We were all seated inside one of the party rooms, with all the chairs facing one side of the room where two managers sat at a table. From there, they talked for a little bit and then in turn had each and everyone one of us (roughly 20-30 people) stand up, say our names, and our favorite movies. We were then split into groups and were given scenarios, and as a group we were to come to a conclusion as to how we would handle the scenarios. It basically turned into process of elimination. Every time they started a new step in the interview process, they would leave, and when they returned they would eliminate a certain number of people. The first people to go were the ones wearing shorts, flipflops, sneakers, jeans, baseball caps, and/or other nonprofessional outerwear. I wore slacks, dress shoes, an oxford button-up shirt, and tie. By the end, the managers had one-on-one interviews to confirm our availibilities and extend the job offer to us or not.

Interview Questions
    The only thing negotiable was your availibility. There was no negotiating pay, or even the position you started out as.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cinemark in May 2010.

My application came with enthusiastic recommendations by four then-current Cinemark employees. I was granted an interview and handed the Cinemark employee handbook. I was to read the handbook to prepare for my interview. The handbook was a small pamphlet-looking book, and only had about 20 pages. I read it, and on interview day after the general getting to know you interview questions and asking if I was willing to work holidays, the manager asked me if I had read the handbook. I confidently said yes, she smiled, and said then congratulations you start next week.

Interview Questions
    • "Cinemark does not close holidays, are you willing to work even on Christmas and New Years?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cinemark in April 2010.

I randomly filled out the extremely long online application and received a call a few weeks later to come in for a group interview. Turns out it was a group interview with myself and three others. The manager started off by asking everyone to tell the group a little about ourselves and our former/current work experience. I was the only one that was not previously employed in the group. He then asked each of us a different question relevant to the position we were interviewing for. After he asked each of us a question, he suddenly told us that the interview was over with. I thought I didn't get the job because I had no experience and only had one question to prove myself with. A few weeks later I got a call offering me the position and asking if I could come in the same day to sign some paper work. Turns out 3 of the 4 people interviewing got the job (the only person that didn't had a big attitude problem during the interview).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer came up to you and complained that their popcorn was burnt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cinemark in March 2010.

First asked for an application at the box office, and they referred me to go to Cinemark.com to print and return the app back to the box office. I turned it in, and got a call about a week later to come in for an interview the same day they called. I had an interview with the Senior Manager. He asked me questions mostly about customer service, how I turned a bad situation into a good one, how I work with people, describe my personality in three words. I mainly focused on how I'm reliable, on-time, and will be very motivated to work there.

Interview Questions
    • How did you change a situation where something went wrong into a positive situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cinemark in April 2009.

Turn in an application to the theater itself by printing it online, get a call back maybe a month later and you'll be asked to go in for an interview. you take the interview and if you do well enough you'll receive a call back for employment. If you accept you will be brought in the sign the paperwork and you'll watch a video on policies and procedures and you will take a test on it.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself as a fruit, what would it be.   Answer Question
    no negotiation you will start out as an usher unless you have previous theater experience.