Cineplex Entertainment

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in May 2014.

Interview Details – I first applied online at several locations. Several weeks later, I got a call from one of the location managers for a phone interview, that lasted less than 10 minutes and they told me the time of an interview that was 2 days later. That was a group interview with 5 people. Super Easy. It almost felt like an orientation, with group activities and they introduced the company and its values. I never felt pressured at all even though it was my first interview. I got a call within a week saying I got the job (Out of the 5 people, 4 of us were hired).

Interview Question – They were all very standard questions.   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member

Interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment

Interview Details – I applied online and got an interview about 2 weeks later. There was a group where we were paired up and introduced ourselves to a partner. After that we split up into two groups and played a game of 'telephone'. The interview ended with the interviews explaining how training will take place and what to expect from the job. They also allowed for questions at the end and stayed a little after interview if you wanted to ask a one-on-one question. There were two interviewers and both were super nice and really interesting to listen to.

Interview Question – There wasn't really a question?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in October 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call for an interview a day after applying online. When I arrived I was surprised because I wasn't the only one there for an interview. The manager lead a group of us to a room where they asked us, individually, one question each. My initial impression of the manager doing the interview was positive, as she seemed professional and personable. After feeling like I failed the interview, I got a call the same day saying I got offered a position, along with the orientation start date. Over all, the interview was quick.

Interview Question – This is cliche, but the one and only question I got asked was "what is your weakness?"   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted 2 weeks afterwards to schedule an interview. The interview was in a casual setting and took less than 10 minutes, it isn't too nerve wracking! In my opinion, they consider your friendliness and personal qualities more so than experience. The only downside was that it took a month after the interview before I could start training.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a guest and a costumer?   Answer Question

Anonymous, Head Office Interview

Anonymous, Head Office
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview went well and I would say it felt more of a conversation than an interview. I was asked some behavioural interview questions. At the end of the interview session, the interviewer told me that I will need to prepare for the next stage. She gave me a few tips and we ended on a good note. However I waited for days and did not get any response. After two weeks I got an email saying I have not been selected to move to the next stage. I was in shock, and failed to understand what must have gone wrong considering the interviewer had advised me to prepare for stage 2. I concluded that the interviewer lacks professional recruitment ethics. Also I am glad I was not selected because I would not work for a company that lacks professional ethics.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did something exceptional that your employer was most proud of.   Answer Question

Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Interview Details – Present somebody else's experience, skills, hobbies, what they want out of this job, how others would describe them, etc.
Present your own skills, what you're looking most forward to, and a time you had to do something difficult

Interview Question – Be prepared for questions and don't lie because they will push the answers out   Answer Question

Part Time Cast Member

I applied online - interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in April 2014.

Interview Details – We were first asked to introduce another person . Then we were split into a two groups and asked to make a commercial for a product ( we got a deck of cards). After that we were put into other groups and asked to make up an original game( IN ONLY 3 MINUTES). After that they passed a cup around with a bunch if questions in it and we had to choose one and then answer it.
Overall it was really fun , and the other candidates were all around my age. Just don't stress out and try ur best to sell yourself as best as possible.

Interview Question – What are your best and worst qualities?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Editor - Cineplex Pre-Show Interview

Editor - Cineplex Pre-Show
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was called at a good hour in the evening, just after dinner time. The person on the other end of the phone was very affable and put me at ease by having a laugh at a witty remark that I made and followed it up with a zinger to show he was well humored. He was up front that he had a whole questionnaire to go over with me and assured me he was working late and had all the time in the world to let me ponder my answers and chose the answers with more confidence than if he held a stop watch. The questions didn't seem to be of a nature to stump me but rather explore my experience and problem solving skills, and to that affect I was honest and quick to answer. I have been around the track a few times to know the obstacles involved in post-production and can even laugh as I look back at the most challenging memories in my early career. I asked about the next step in their hiring process and he said that after calling some more candidates there would be a short list and from that short list another round of phone calls and that would lead to a thinner heard of people coming to their head office. I didn't get to the second round of questions. But what really surprised me is that the day after the phone call I was working downtown with a team of editors on a freelance gig only to find out a guy across the table from me was also called and like me had the same impression of the interviewer, was asked the same questions, and like me at the time, felt very confident in his chances.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a tight deadline and it looked like you might not make the turnaround after all?   View Answer

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call for a group interview the same day. We were asked to talk to someone else in the group and introduce them to the group. Also put into smaller groups and asked to fill out a poster and present the qualities that make a good employee.

Interview Question – When have you given or received poor customer service   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at cineplex's website. Within a week I received a call from a manger to come in for a group interview. The interview was held in the party room and there was 10-12 people there. We were first given a sheet with simple math calculations, then we were put into groups/ partners to do an activity, we were then asked individual questions. You then got a call an hour later if you got the job.

Interview Question – Whose your favorite super hero and why?
Compare a song to your work ethic?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Your paid minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cineplex Entertainment

Worked for Cineplex Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!