Cineplex Entertainment

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.4

Part Time Cast Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cineplex Entertainment.

I applied and about 3 days later, I got a a phone interview asking about transportation and etc. Then I was asked to come to a group interview. It was about 11 people in a group. We got in groups of two or 3 and we were asked to sell a random item. Then we did a speed interview round and it was very quick and fast.

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cineplex Entertainment.

I gave in my resume to a manager before they started the online process. Was called back to the theatre for an interview and was interviewed there. Interview lasted perhaps 15-20mins.

Interview Questions
    • 'What would you do in this type of situation' at the theatre type of questions and questions on getting to know if I was reliable as a person.   Answer Question
    It was a good experience, especially as a teenager. I made enough money to pay for school lunches, bus fare and personal items for myself.

Part Time Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in November 2014.

I applied online and got an online application a week later. I filled out the application, then got a call 5 days later saying i got an interview. its pretty easy, its just a group interview with about 6-7 people. you have to be calm and outgoing and try not to be nervous. Tbh i was the only young person in the group interview and all i had to do was just give out honest answers. As long as you are outgoing, calm, and talk a lot, and also interact with the staff, you pretty much got the job. They called me the same night saying that i got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you?   View Answer
    • How has cineplex changed/ influence you over the years?   View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   View Answer
    • After 10 days working, what would you think everyone would expect of you? What about after 6 months?   View Answer

Part Time Cast Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in November 2014.

I applied online and got a call three days later asking to come in for a group interview. When I got there, I was shocked to see about twenty people. It's probably because of seasonal periods (Hunger Games, Christmas, New Years...) After the group interview, there was a one on one interview. The managers were extremely nice and made you feel comfortable. There was a phone interview after the group interview and the manager asked me some situational questions and told me to come for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • -What's the best customer service you've ever received?
      -If there's a long line at concession and a huge spill, which one would you take care of first and why?
        Answer Question
    Hiring process is easy especially during seasonal periods.

Cast Member - Part Time Interview

Interview experience was overal negative. It was a group interview with eight potential candidates. There were two managers conducting the interview. We had to participate in a group activity where they divided us into two groups, and give one group a paper plate, and the other a plastic knife. The other group seemed to be cooperating fine, however mine was extremely competitive. The managers were an earshot away, and everyone was trying so desperately hard to sabotage and standout. There's was this one particular member of the group who took it open himself to become the assumed group leader and ended up hijacking the group activity, not really listening to other members ideas. When it was time present our commercial, the other group who cooperating did extremely well, while ours was a bit awkward and unprepared. Cooperation was the key factor in this activity, and that's something that our group was majorly lacking, thanks to one person. After the group activity, the managers brought out a paper cup filled with questions, which we each had to pick out of and answer. The question I had picked out of the cup was "what is your worse quality?". This was probably the most challenging one, but I answered it to the best of my ability, and I think I nailed it, which may have been what contributed towards me getting an offer. A little advice, if you get this question, don't give a negative quality like "I'm late all the time". Instead, try for a more neutral quality, one that can be seen as both negative and positive.

Part Time Cast Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cineplex Entertainment.

They called me about a week after I applied online. They called me in for a group interview. So I came in with 5 other people. The interview doesn't even feel like an interview. They basically just make you do a bunch of activities. First they told us to partner up with someone else, interview them, and present them to the hiring managers. Next they told us to make 2 groups and in those groups we had to advertise something they gave us. The products were literally a spoon and plate. Honestly, it's like improv. Make sure you just be enthusiastic and seem outgoing. The last activity involved questions in a cup. They were super low key though. Ill post some of the questions down below. Other than that it really was a great experience. Overall the "interview" lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite movie?
        Answer Question
    • If you had any superpower what would it be?   Answer Question
    • How are you different from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question
    • What would you say if someone was asking for your opinion on a good movie to watch?   Answer Question
    No negotiation-minimum wage

Part Time Cast Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in September 2014.

Initially, I received a call from the location where they asked questions basically from the online application, then they asked me to join them for an interview, with the specific time and details. It was a group Interview. Before the interview began, we were given a booklet with simple math/cash questions and availability hours on one page, questions about your work history on the second page, questions were: 1. What are you looking forward about Cineplex 2. Skills, past experience you've done 3. Qualities you have that peers/family would tell others about 4. Good things a boss/prof would say you have, and then group interview questions you dont fill out until the interview. Interview started off by introducing yourself, three facts about yourself, and of course favourite movie. After that, we had to pair up with other interviewees, and interview each other using the group interview questions in the booklet. After 10 minutes of interviewing each other, we had to present our partner to the manager. Then, we had to sum up the questions we filled out from the booklet, and present that in 1 minute. After, he asked a few simple questions that whoever tapped the table first could answer: 1. CEO of cineplex 2. most valuable to cineplex: executives, staff, guests (there were about 5 questions, but those are the only i remember). Then the manager thanked us and asked if we had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a problem you encountered with previous work, and how you managed it and learned from it.   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

I applied online and got an interview about 2 weeks later. There was a group where we were paired up and introduced ourselves to a partner. After that we split up into two groups and played a game of 'telephone'. The interview ended with the interviews explaining how training will take place and what to expect from the job. They also allowed for questions at the end and stayed a little after interview if you wanted to ask a one-on-one question. There were two interviewers and both were super nice and really interesting to listen to.

Part Time Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment.

Applied online and was contacted 2 weeks afterwards to schedule an interview. The interview was in a casual setting and took less than 10 minutes, it isn't too nerve wracking! In my opinion, they consider your friendliness and personal qualities more so than experience. The only downside was that it took a month after the interview before I could start training.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a guest and a costumer?   Answer Question

Part Time Cast Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cineplex Entertainment in May 2014.

I first applied online at several locations. Several weeks later, I got a call from one of the location managers for a phone interview, that lasted less than 10 minutes and they told me the time of an interview that was 2 days later. That was a group interview with 5 people. Super Easy. It almost felt like an orientation, with group activities and they introduced the company and its values. I never felt pressured at all even though it was my first interview. I got a call within a week saying I got the job (Out of the 5 people, 4 of us were hired).