Cintas

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Takes forever so many interviews to get through the process

Customer Service Representative

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Different levels. Same questions. Obviously told by Corp. what to ask and very robotic in their presentation. Really do not care about you as much as making sure the questions on the piece of paper have answers. Very drawn out (which may be justified).

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Presentation and interaction was strange. 0 personalities. Like they are hiding something. Nice enough but odd. Corp. questions ruled the interview process.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Just didn't seem trustworthy. Cold fish.

York, PA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cintas in April 2012.

Interview Details – I drove up and stopped in at the closest Cintas location to drop off my resume and fill out an application in person so that they could put a name with a face. The receptionist told me that I would have to go home and go online to complete this. After filling out a lengthy online application I was contacted the very next business day by a manager that wanted to schedule an interview with me. I went to the interview and thought it was very positive. He asked me the typical situational questions. He said I would be contacted in a few days possibly for a second interview. I was and scheduled a second interview. This was with a higher up manager. This interview went better than the first one and the interviewer wanted to set up a time for me to do a ride along. I was told that I would be compensated at $14.42/ hour for this ride along and if hired that would be my starting salary for the first 30 days. After that the wage would go up $1.00/ hour. Even though this was much less than my last salary I decided to go forward with the next step. My ride along was scheduled for 5:00am During the ride-along the CSR that I was set to ride with showed up 25 minutes late. The CSR broke a few rules while I was along which including smoking inside the company vehicle, and refusing to provide customers with services that the customer requested. I jumped in an helped as much as I could while along for the ride and the CSR was impressed because I was able to improve his efficiency and get him back to the factory much quicker than he was normally able to complete the route. I asked the CSR how difficult it was for him to obtain a position with the company and he said it was easy,he knew someone and only had to come in for one interview. By the end of the day I knew all that I needed to know about the job and was confident I was easily capable of completing the work. It was a 10 hour ride along. Definitely not a glamorous position picking up people's dirty laundry all day and dropping clean laundry, however it does have a nice 4 day work week which attracted me to the job. After the ride along I was contacted within a few days to schedule yet another interview!!! I went to the 3rd interview and at this point I starting to get tired of being asked the same redundant situational questions the previous two interviewers asked, and thought with my over qualifications that at this point they should know whether or not they were interested in hiring me. At the end of this interview I asked the interviewer if there were any additional qualifications that I would need to obtain the position. He said that he could not answer this question and that I would be contacted in the future to see if I would qualify for the position. A few days later I was contacted by the general manager to set up a FOURTH interview!!! This interview was more laid back and I wasn't asked the same situational questions. At this interview the general manager looked over my resume and the questions that the previous interviewers asked and my answers the interviewers wrote down, He than told me that I had a "Interesting Career" and noticed that I took career advancements for more money when available. He told me that he had been with the same company for over 10 years and insinuated that I should of done the same. I was than asked that if I was working at Cintas for a year I had the opportunity to leave and make double a Cinta's CSR salary if I would leave or if I would stay. I said that I would have to consider the position and do what I felt was best for myself and my family. I guess this was the wrong answer because a few days after the interview I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position and to check back for additional openings. So it took them 4 interviews and a ride along to figure out I was not the applicant they were looking for. About a week and a half later I recieved a check from them for the ride-along....$10.00/hour...are you kidding me?!?! This isn't what we had agreed on. I am pretty disgusted with the long drawn out interview process and time wasting that was done in my situation. Maybe some applicants do not have to go through all this but I had to. I am not impressed with the company and glad they selected a applicant that is more in line with the way they like to do things.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult situation with a unsatisfied customer?   View Answer
  • If offered a position outside the company making twice what you would be making here would you take the position or stay with this company?   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cintas in February 2009.

Interview Details – I made phone calls, and contacted the proper people to set up the interview. I also networked through job fairs to meet people. I searched career builder. I researched tips and interview questions to make sure I landed the job. I was so pleased with getting the position. Also make sure to send to thank you notes for the opportunity.

Interview Question – what is the weakest point.   Answer Question

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!