Cintas Facility Services Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cintas (Lawrenceville, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was not a difficult panel interview, but was an individual that primarily asked situational questions. There were some "get acquainted" questions so that the interviewer could get to know you. Rather relaxed towards the end as he told me about his career with the company and his respect for the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Sales Representative - Facility Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Greenville, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview was pleasant and had typical STAR/behavioral type questions as well as reviewing and clarifying my resume. One question included, "Give me a time you you had a setback and at work and turned it into something positive in the same week." Interviewer was nice and quite helpful in terms of suggesting things to focus on during my 1 on 1 interview. 1 on 1 interview was pretty typical and was only about 20-30 minutes long. I found the interview questions to be easier in this interview than in the phone interview. Questions were fair, but not hard. No gotcha questions. Pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself in a leadership role? What books have you read lately? Give me a quick rundown of your last 5 years. What would you say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cintas (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview first started with a phone call. Then we went back and forth with emails to set up a time to discuss the opportunity. Once we got on the phone. The recruiter spoke more about the job and the role of the company. He caught my attention. Now we are working on getting a one to one interview with the company.

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I have been through a fair amount of interviews in my life time but I have to say this is the hardest most intense interview I have ever been through. You will go through at least 6 interviews. The 1st will be with a recruiter over the phone (less then a half hour) basic breakdown of your background. 2nd is also with a recruiter over the phone (little less then an hour) basic interview questions. 3rd is an in person interview with the sales manager (almost 2 hours) ALL behavior question. 4th interview is a ride along with a current sales rep (full day). 5th is an in person interview with sales director (over an hour) basically all questions about your background, some behavioral, and some basic interview question. 6th is with the Vice President of sales (over and hour) were you are basically going to get grilled about anything he sees as a red flag or where you may not be qualified and a lot of personal question. Overall I would definitely suggest doing the interview even if you have no intention on taking the job, because if you can survive this interview then you can literally nail any interview. Great learning experience for interviewing. In regards to the position itself, Facility Services Sales Representative just translates into glorified door to door toilet paper salesman.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral question and questions about your personal life to throw you off   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cintas (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

Interview was laid back and professional. Cintas used to go on referrals, but now you have to apply through their website - boo! I went through a referral so it was easy. Not sure what it's like for those submitting resumes that have to go through computer systems and hr before getting to a manager.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked were standard interviewing questions about background and job skills.   Answer Question

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cintas in October 2014.

Interview

I found the interview process very detailed. Cintas is interviewing you and looking for a solid person who they think will be with the company for 2-3 years. Round one and the ride along was pretty standard and moderately easy if you have a brain and a drive for sales. Round two in Greensboro was much more difficult, as that guy flushes out the weak.

Interview Questions

• What if you get in to this job and 9 months to a year down the road you find out cold calling and sales isn't for you and you can't handle getting no's for an answer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter on linkedin to set up a phone interview. The Interview went well and was told to come in to the local facility to interview with the sales manager. The interview went really well, mostly talked about who/what Cintas is and how much their sales reps make. Was very focused on how much money you will make. After this I had a ride day with a great sales rep who gave me a strong overview of what to expect, and exactly how to get through the interview process. I was called about a week later to interview with two regional directors. I had actually thought the interview didn't go well. To my surprise I was called for a final interview about 4 hours away, which they made me drive to. The interview was long and tedious. The VP was very hard on me. Basically trying to find cracks in my story. Make sure you have a good Brag Book with lots of sales stats. This is very important to them. I left the interview feeling good about getting an offer. Was told they would call me a week later and let me know the outcome. About 18 hours later I was offered the job and was pretty excited. The process in all took about 4 weeks. It is definitely not for everyone, but if you have B2B sales experience they will love you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything for the time you were 10 years old that you were number 1 at?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a little negotiation on my part. Did get myself a little bit more then the initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cintas (Concord, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process seems to drag on quite a bit there were two interviews before the ride along. Each about an hour asking atleast 7 situation analysis questions. They want specifics meaning what happened, how you handed it and the result. The ride along us a full day from 6:45am to 5pm starting with sales meeting, agenda meeting and the atleast 2 hours of cold calling, then field work. Ask tons of questions and show initiative. The next step is an interview with director of sales and then possibly vp.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be red flags from our standpoint in hiring you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Norfolk, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn...recruiter called for initial phone interview...passed me along to the hiring manager at the location i'd be working at for review...got another call to come in and meet with her...after that I got another offer to do a ride-a-long... each process was about 1-1/2 weeks apart...very long process. I personally feel as though if you are hiring then do that, hire. Why the drawn out process? It is sort of unprofessional to me honestly. From what I've read, if you make it past the ride-a-long, you usually get an offer. Like any smart job seeker, I've put out multiple applications and was just offered a position with one of the nations largest internet media advertising agencies. Sorry Cintas!

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - they want to see proof that you have SUCCESSFUL sales background. Ask a lot of questions - (what about my qualifications appeal to/worry you?)   Answer Question

Way too long of a process, so I accepted an offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cintas (Springdale, AR) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a lot longer than anticipated. I was first contacted by the sales manager via LinkedIn, she was very nice and encouraged me to apply for the position. I had a phone interview/screen with HR then an official interview in the office the next week with the same gal from HR. Immediately after the interview I talked with the sales manager and she set me up with another interview the following week with two upper level managers. I was then asked to do a (paid- $80) ride along the following week with one of their sales representatives and it went great. After that I was called in for another interview the following week with their office manager. She mentioned she had never given an interview for that position so I was a bit confused as to why I had an interview with her. The following week I was contacted by the sales manager and she said they were moving on with candidates that had more experience. It was a little bit discouraging because I do have 2 1/2 years of outside sales experience, I really thought my interviews went well and I left each interview feeling confident. I also felt very qualified for the position and knew if given a chance I would be successful. Cintas seems like a great company to work for, they offer a competitive base plus commission on all new business- as well as other benefits including a car allowance, paid gas, cell phone reimbursement, health and medical.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting to tell them my strengths and weaknesses, but all questions were situational/behavioral type questions. They basically asked the same questions, but different wording in every interview. Have specific examples ready from your most previous experience. (leadership, independence, goals, achievements, conflict management, etc.)   Answer Question