Cintas Facility Services Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gadsden, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Cintas in January 2012.

The interview process took 4 months to get on board. The job is not what they say so make sure you ask to talk to the reps that have been there a short amount of time - and that are not what they called tenured reps as the old reps forget to tell you everything. If you do a ride along, make sure to know that they are working for the manager-- and interviewing you as well. Ask what else is involved after you make a sale that you have to do at home or after hours?

salary yes!

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in January 2014.

I applied through LinkedIn...recruiter called for initial phone interview...passed me along to the hiring manager at the location i'd be working at for review...got another call to come in and meet with her...after that I got another offer to do a ride-a-long...

each process was about 1-1/2 weeks apart...very long process. I personally feel as though if you are hiring then do that, hire. Why the drawn out process? It is sort of unprofessional to me honestly. From what I've read, if you make it past the ride-a-long, you usually get an offer. Like any smart job seeker, I've put out multiple applications and was just offered a position with one of the nations largest internet media advertising agencies. Sorry Cintas!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - they want to see proof that you have SUCCESSFUL sales background. Ask a lot of questions - (what about my qualifications appeal to/worry you?)   Answer Question

Way too long of a process, so I accepted an offer elsewhere

Anonymous Employee  in  Springdale, AR
    Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Cintas in January 2013.

The interview process was a lot longer than anticipated. I was first contacted by the sales manager via LinkedIn, she was very nice and encouraged me to apply for the position. I had a phone interview/screen with HR then an official interview in the office the next week with the same gal from HR. Immediately after the interview I talked with the sales manager and she set me up with another interview the following week with two upper level managers. I was then asked to do a (paid- $80) ride along the following week with one of their sales representatives and it went great. After that I was called in for another interview the following week with their office manager. She mentioned she had never given an interview for that position so I was a bit confused as to why I had an interview with her. The following week I was contacted by the sales manager and she said they were moving on with candidates that had more experience. It was a little bit discouraging because I do have 2 1/2 years of outside sales experience, I really thought my interviews went well and I left each interview feeling confident. I also felt very qualified for the position and knew if given a chance I would be successful. Cintas seems like a great company to work for, they offer a competitive base plus commission on all new business- as well as other benefits including a car allowance, paid gas, cell phone reimbursement, health and medical.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting to tell them my strengths and weaknesses, but all questions were situational/behavioral type questions. They basically asked the same questions, but different wording in every interview. Have specific examples ready from your most previous experience. (leadership, independence, goals, achievements, conflict management, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in December 2012.

The interview process was long, in depth, and drawn out. I first had an interview with the sales manager, followed by another with the branch manager, followed by a ride along, followed by an interview with the regional sales manager. The first two interviews and ride along were great and the managers were friendly and informative. As a final interview I met with the regional sales manager who was an ex college football jock and bragged about being a "company man", and how Cintas was all he knew. Regardless of him not having any prior b2b experience, or the other managers I met, he dogged me about not having enough b2b experience (even though I did have b2b and several years in other sales which easily exceeded the requirements). Meeting a senior manager with his personality and demeanor was a bit discouraging. Ultimately I had a feeling I wasn't going to get the job, which I didn't.
    I can see that Cintas could be a good place to work for the right person. The pay for a fs sales rep is very good as are the perks. If you apply from the outside be prepared for a long process with a potential letdown. I was asked the same set of behavioral star like questions in each interview. My process took over a month and they ended up hiring internally, which they told me afterwards is where they typically fill positions, so not sure why they wasted my time. Their interview process is designed to really build up Cintas and make it seem like working for them is a huge deal. It's quite an experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your loyalty to an employer, where else are you currently interviewing   Answer Question

Sales Representative - Facility Services Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cintas in July 2012.

Very informative interview and was told I would get a call the following week to ride along with one of the other reps if I am recommended for round 2 of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I was well prepared for the interview as I research possible questions asked so nothing took me off guard. I was pleased with the outcome.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Branford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branford, CT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in January 2010.

I was first contacted by the local manager and brought in for an interview. Once I passed that they made me drive two hours and I met another manager. Then after that I drove three hours and met the VP. Then I was brought in that Saturday and met the plant GM who grilled me and made me believe all this false nonsense about Cintas. Then I was made and offer later that day. They make it seem like it some big important process and that they are a company of high moral and ethical standards. This is all false! Its a big sale. They are baiting you into thinking you are getting some great job.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you what three major achievements in your life are.   Answer Question
    • They will want too know what books you are currently reading or have read.   View Answer
    They tell you that your salary will be 50,000 but it never is. My offer was 45,000 and I had more experience then the entire sales team combined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in February 2010.

First I received a call from HR to schedule a phone screening. Then after the initial phone screening I was scheduled to interview with the Facility Sales Rep Manager. After that interview I got a phone call from the Sales Rep manager later that day to schedule me for my next interview. My next interview was with the sales rep manager at a different plant. After that interview I received a call later that day to interview with the uniform sales rep manager the next week. After that interview I was setup to go on a all day ride-along. They paid me for the ride-along so that was good. After the ride-along I was called the next day and scheduled to interview with the District Sales Rep Manager. After that interview I was called a week later and scheduled to interview with VP of Sales for the Midwest Region. My interview with him was via web-conference. That interview was more about how Cintas operates and what would be expected of me if I was selected. After that interview I was called two weeks later and asked to come into the office. I was pretty confident that I got the job at this point. When I came into the office the next day I was offered the position. The whole interview process was different than anything Ive ever experienced. Most of the interview questions were behavioral. Yes, it was long grueling but it was worth it in the end. Cintas is very careful about who they hire hence the reason for the low turnover rate. I cant wait to start my career with Cintas! I will update my work experience later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you enjoy winning or do you hate to lose?   View Answer
    Make sure you really want the job and make sure you are ready to produce. Expectations are high!

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in April 2009.

After being recruited by the sales manager, who stated that he was in fact the "hiring manager" but is not, I went on a ride-along with one of the reps, who used only pushy old-fashioned sales techniques that this new Information Age has shifted away from with the introduction of the world wide web and other technologies. The sales rep was very inexperienced and money hungry...ideal for cintas's high turnover rate. The sales rep also did not understand that when you are selling to a business owner, you must think like a business owner.

After meeting with the Regional Director, I was then asked to meet with the VP of sales 3.5 hours away and have my final interview. I stated that I would abide by company procedures and training initiatives, but that I could utilize other self-marketing tactics to generate leads and make sales. To make the sale is, in fact, what a sales rep is paid for...not to cold-call, to present, etc..

The interview lasted only 30 minutes (after a 3 and a half hour drive) and, after obtaining approval for the positon by a sales rep, sales manager, and regional director, I was not offerred the position after the interview with the VP. I also contacted the sales manager to see if it was possible to communicate any feedback as to why the decision had been made to not offer me the position, but he did not respond. Now I keep asking myself, after 4 interviews, what I did wrong.

It was an overall negative experience and I would never recommend it.

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cintas.

Applied online and got an email to come in for first interview. Interview went great and was told they had some more interviews to do and I would be called the next week to set up a ride along. I still haven't had the ride along yet. It has been 2 weeks and the only thing I have been told is that they are still interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Which do you like better: Cold Calling or Taking Care of Current Customers?   View Answer

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in May 2009.

sales mgr, contacted me through email, i applied to position, then he called me the following week, still waiting on his response... i will keep posted

Interview Questions

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!