Cintas

Updated Dec 5, 2014

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

I have been through a fair amount of interviews in my life time but I have to say this is the hardest most intense interview I have ever been through. You will go through at least 6 interviews. The 1st will be with a recruiter over the phone (less then a half hour) basic breakdown of your background. 2nd is also with a recruiter over the phone (little less then an hour) basic interview questions. 3rd is an in person interview with the sales manager (almost 2 hours) ALL behavior question. 4th interview is a ride along with a current sales rep (full day). 5th is an in person interview with sales director (over an hour) basically all questions about your background, some behavioral, and some basic interview question. 6th is with the Vice President of sales (over and hour) were you are basically going to get grilled about anything he sees as a red flag or where you may not be qualified and a lot of personal question. Overall I would definitely suggest doing the interview even if you have no intention on taking the job, because if you can survive this interview then you can literally nail any interview. Great learning experience for interviewing. In regards to the position itself, Facility Services Sales Representative just translates into glorified door to door toilet paper salesman.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of behavioral question and questions about your personal life to throw you off   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cintas.

Interview was laid back and professional. Cintas used to go on referrals, but now you have to apply through their website - boo! I went through a referral so it was easy. Not sure what it's like for those submitting resumes that have to go through computer systems and hr before getting to a manager.

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked were standard interviewing questions about background and job skills.   Answer Question

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cintas in October 2014.

I found the interview process very detailed. Cintas is interviewing you and looking for a solid person who they think will be with the company for 2-3 years. Round one and the ride along was pretty standard and moderately easy if you have a brain and a drive for sales. Round two in Greensboro was much more difficult, as that guy flushes out the weak.

Interview Questions
    • What if you get in to this job and 9 months to a year down the road you find out cold calling and sales isn't for you and you can't handle getting no's for an answer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in September 2014.

I was contacted by a Recruiter on linkedin to set up a phone interview. The Interview went well and was told to come in to the local facility to interview with the sales manager. The interview went really well, mostly talked about who/what Cintas is and how much their sales reps make. Was very focused on how much money you will make. After this I had a ride day with a great sales rep who gave me a strong overview of what to expect, and exactly how to get through the interview process. I was called about a week later to interview with two regional directors. I had actually thought the interview didn't go well. To my surprise I was called for a final interview about 4 hours away, which they made me drive to. The interview was long and tedious. The VP was very hard on me. Basically trying to find cracks in my story. Make sure you have a good Brag Book with lots of sales stats. This is very important to them. I left the interview feeling good about getting an offer. Was told they would call me a week later and let me know the outcome. About 18 hours later I was offered the job and was pretty excited. The process in all took about 4 weeks. It is definitely not for everyone, but if you have B2B sales experience they will love you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me everything for the time you were 10 years old that you were number 1 at?   Answer Question
    There was a little negotiation on my part. Did get myself a little bit more then the initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cintas in August 2014.

The process seems to drag on quite a bit there were two interviews before the ride along. Each about an hour asking atleast 7 situation analysis questions. They want specifics meaning what happened, how you handed it and the result. The ride along us a full day from 6:45am to 5pm starting with sales meeting, agenda meeting and the atleast 2 hours of cold calling, then field work. Ask tons of questions and show initiative.
    The next step is an interview with director of sales and then possibly vp.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider to be red flags from our standpoint in hiring you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in January 2014.

I applied through LinkedIn...recruiter called for initial phone interview...passed me along to the hiring manager at the location i'd be working at for review...got another call to come in and meet with her...after that I got another offer to do a ride-a-long...

each process was about 1-1/2 weeks apart...very long process. I personally feel as though if you are hiring then do that, hire. Why the drawn out process? It is sort of unprofessional to me honestly. From what I've read, if you make it past the ride-a-long, you usually get an offer. Like any smart job seeker, I've put out multiple applications and was just offered a position with one of the nations largest internet media advertising agencies. Sorry Cintas!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - they want to see proof that you have SUCCESSFUL sales background. Ask a lot of questions - (what about my qualifications appeal to/worry you?)   Answer Question

Way too long of a process, so I accepted an offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cintas in January 2013.

The interview process was a lot longer than anticipated. I was first contacted by the sales manager via LinkedIn, she was very nice and encouraged me to apply for the position. I had a phone interview/screen with HR then an official interview in the office the next week with the same gal from HR. Immediately after the interview I talked with the sales manager and she set me up with another interview the following week with two upper level managers. I was then asked to do a (paid- $80) ride along the following week with one of their sales representatives and it went great. After that I was called in for another interview the following week with their office manager. She mentioned she had never given an interview for that position so I was a bit confused as to why I had an interview with her. The following week I was contacted by the sales manager and she said they were moving on with candidates that had more experience. It was a little bit discouraging because I do have 2 1/2 years of outside sales experience, I really thought my interviews went well and I left each interview feeling confident. I also felt very qualified for the position and knew if given a chance I would be successful. Cintas seems like a great company to work for, they offer a competitive base plus commission on all new business- as well as other benefits including a car allowance, paid gas, cell phone reimbursement, health and medical.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting to tell them my strengths and weaknesses, but all questions were situational/behavioral type questions. They basically asked the same questions, but different wording in every interview. Have specific examples ready from your most previous experience. (leadership, independence, goals, achievements, conflict management, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in December 2012.

The interview process was long, in depth, and drawn out. I first had an interview with the sales manager, followed by another with the branch manager, followed by a ride along, followed by an interview with the regional sales manager. The first two interviews and ride along were great and the managers were friendly and informative. As a final interview I met with the regional sales manager who was an ex college football jock and bragged about being a "company man", and how Cintas was all he knew. Regardless of him not having any prior b2b experience, or the other managers I met, he dogged me about not having enough b2b experience (even though I did have b2b and several years in other sales which easily exceeded the requirements). Meeting a senior manager with his personality and demeanor was a bit discouraging. Ultimately I had a feeling I wasn't going to get the job, which I didn't.
    I can see that Cintas could be a good place to work for the right person. The pay for a fs sales rep is very good as are the perks. If you apply from the outside be prepared for a long process with a potential letdown. I was asked the same set of behavioral star like questions in each interview. My process took over a month and they ended up hiring internally, which they told me afterwards is where they typically fill positions, so not sure why they wasted my time. Their interview process is designed to really build up Cintas and make it seem like working for them is a huge deal. It's quite an experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your loyalty to an employer, where else are you currently interviewing   Answer Question

Sales Representative - Facility Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas in July 2012.

Very informative interview and was told I would get a call the following week to ride along with one of the other reps if I am recommended for round 2 of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I was well prepared for the interview as I research possible questions asked so nothing took me off guard. I was pleased with the outcome.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas in January 2012.

The interview process took 4 months to get on board. The job is not what they say so make sure you ask to talk to the reps that have been there a short amount of time - and that are not what they called tenured reps as the old reps forget to tell you everything. If you do a ride along, make sure to know that they are working for the manager-- and interviewing you as well. Ask what else is involved after you make a sale that you have to do at home or after hours?

salary yes!