Cintas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Supervisor Interview

Service Supervisor
Gilroy, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cintas in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called few days later to schedule an interview for the week after. The HR manager asked several questions regarding my experience afterwards. The in-person interview process took two hours in which I had the chance to speak with the HR manager as well as the Service Manager.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous job?   View Answer

Service Supervisor Interview

Service Supervisor
Gilroy, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2014.

Interview Details – 5 interviews and a ride along. They take forever to get back to you. Everyone seems to be happy. Lack of follow up by management.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty standard   Answer Question

Route Driver - SSR Interview

Route Driver - SSR
Gilroy, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in May 2012.

Interview Details – I met with the HR person at a local job fair and they invited me to apply online and then call her personaly to let her know when I had done so. About a week later she called me to schedule a phone interview with herself. At the end of the phone interview I was invited to an in-person interview with a manager. When I found out that the position was commision only, I called back to cancel. The Lead Branch manager called me to convince me to come in for the interview saying it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I agreed to give it a shot and went in for the interview a few days later. It was pretty standard, answering questions from a list. At the end I was scheduled a ride-along with one of the route drivers for the next week. The ride along was informative. When I returned to the office from the ride-along, there was two branch managers who wanted to interview me at once. So after my 10 hour day, I was asked to wait in the lobby for a half hour then do another interview. The next interview was more of the same, just standardized questions from a list. But from two people at once. After all of that I wwas scheduled for a final(?) interview with the Lead Branch Manager. I haven't gone yet but I think the overall feel of what's going on here is getting across.

Throughout the entire proccess I've gotten the impression that they are trying to impress me and sell me the job. Then during my most recent interview I found out that there isn't even a position available. they just want to hire some back-up drivers to cover sick-days and vacation.

Interview Question – There were no tough questions, just stuff like, "Describe a time when you persuaded someone to buy something they didn't want. What was your strategy and what was the outcome?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Gilroy, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in April 2009.

Interview Details – Cintas-Gilroy prefers to conduct the initial screening 1:1 rather than over the phone. Even though it was a 40 mile trip, I appreciated getting face time. I met with the Plant Manager who read behavioral questions from a booklet. He did not appear to have my resume. I received a phone call later the same day to schedule another 1:1 the following week with the General Manager and Service Manager. The Service Manager did not have my resume either, seemingly by design. He was pleasant but there was little chit-chat and he also read questions from a booklet. I was then escorted to the General Manager. Very nice gentleman with more personality than the previous 2. Once again, he read behavioral questions from booklet 3. I received a phone call later in the day to schedule interviews with the Regional VP and Regional HR Director and a Plant Manager from another location. On the day of the interviews, the out of state executive’s flight was delayed. As a result, the interview appeared to be shortened. The Plant Manager read behavioral questions from his booklet and then there was a brief exchange of general questions and conversation. I felt it went well.
I found Cintas very communicative during the process. That is until the very end. As I left the final round of interviews with the executives, I was told they hoped to make a decision within 24 – 48 hours. I failed to ask if they would communicate either way. I have not received a phone call, email or letter to date. Obviously I didn’t get the position. It left a bad taste in my mouth that, after having driven a total of 240 miles for the interview process, I wasn’t given the consideration of any notice what-so-ever. Sadly, this seems to be the norm these days.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cintas interview questions and advice in Gilroy, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cintas employees and interview candidates.